Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    08 Apr '14 16:05
    Seems the "interim government" has had with people who take over public buildings:

Turchynov reiterated Tuesday he would treat Russian separatists who have seized buildings in the east of the country as "terrorists" who will be prosecuted with the full force of the law.

And they are sick of this freedom of speech thingy:

His remarks to parliament came ahead of a vote in which it approved legislation outlawing groups and individuals who call for separatism. Of the 450 members of the Ukrainian parliament, 230 voted in favor of the bill. All members of the communist party abstained from voting.
    Before the vote, a fight broke out in parliament when Petr Simonenko, the leader of the Communist Party, began to say lawmakers should listen to the demands of eastern Ukraine.
    He defended demonstrators who have seized local government buildings, saying they are not doing anything different from what the current interim government has done. He also accused "nationalists" of starting the crisis in eastern Ukraine.
    Simonenko was prevented from speaking further by a member of the far-right Svoboda party, and peace was restored in the parliament.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
  2. 08 Apr '14 20:03 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Seems the "interim government" has had with people who take over public buildings:

Turchynov reiterated Tuesday he would treat Russian separatists who have seized buildings in the east of the country as "terrorists" who will be prosecuted with the full force of the law.

And they are sick of this freedom of speech thingy:

...[text shortened]... arliament

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t2[/b]
    the BBC (spit ding) has been playing up Natos rhetoric, if Russia dont stop this it will have grave consequences etc etc

Immediately I was struck with the question why the Europeans are so interested in Ukraine is it really a matter of sovereignty? of democracy? and it turns out that they have lent them huge sums of money! The Ruskys were prepared to offer the Ukrainians a loan, but withdrew it when their man got toppled, in steps the IMF, (we'll lend you wads of doe, just sign here. . . . all you need to do is surrender your sovereignty to us and our creditors) but we are already up the creek without paddle and owe the Ruskys billions for gas and the European banks zillions as well.

Meanwhile back at the European Ranch the creditors are talkin big about hiring gunmen to protect their cattle should the Ruskys try to rustle them away.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    08 Apr '14 20:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the BBC (spit ding) has been playing up Natos rhetoric, if Russia dont stop this it will have grave consequences etc etc

Immediately I was struck with the question why the Europeans are so interested in Ukraine is it really a matter of sovereignty? of democracy? and it turns out that they have lent them huge sums of money! The Ruskys were prepare ...[text shortened]... alkin big about hiring gunmen to protect their cattle should the Ruskys try to rustle them away.
    Western governments with the press neatly in tow are peddling the line that this is all just Russian paid provocation so that Putin can seize more of the Ukraine. Apparently the idea that people in an area might be upset that the President they voted for was illegally deposed (essentially by a mob) is too outlandish to be even considered a possibility. That the "government" is now labelling them "terrorists" and passing laws that muzzle them is unsurprising, but hardly in line with the West's ebullient praise of these usurpers.
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    08 Apr '14 20:28
    I bet the Orange Revolution was connected to the Orange Order. Germans all of them!
  5. 08 Apr '14 20:58

Immediately I was struck with the question why the Europeans are so interested in Ukraine is it really a matter of sovereignty? of democracy? and it turns out that they have lent them huge sums of money! The Ruskys were prepare ...[text shortened]... alkin big about hiring gunmen to protect their cattle should the Ruskys try to rustle them away.
    That is how collectivism works Robbie. You need to surrender part or all of your sovereignty to a group of states or a single large state or you will be swallowed by a bigger fish.

Whether they surrender to Russia or the EU they will get swallowed one way or another.
  6. 08 Apr '14 21:13 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    That is how collectivism works Robbie. You need to surrender part or all of your sovereignty to a group of states or a single large state or you will be swallowed by a bigger fish.

Whether they surrender to Russia or the EU they will get swallowed one way or another.
    Collectivism whodey? I am not sure that you and I have a similar understanding of the term 'collectivism'. I think more of Russian peasants in Russian combine harvesters collecting wheat for mother Russia.

It appears to me to be more like a Mafia war, 'wheres our money, we want our money, why haven't we got our money!' as the Ruskies and the Pro-Europeans fight a territory war.
  7. Standard member redbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    09 Apr '14 11:17
    Collectivism whodey? I am not sure that you and I have a similar understanding of the term 'collectivism'. I think more of Russian peasants in Russian combine harvesters collecting wheat for mother Russia.

It appears to me to be more like a Mafia war, 'wheres our money, we want our money, why haven't we got our money!' as the Ruskies and the Pro-Europeans fight a territory war.
    God will bring truth and the Lamb will lie down with the Lion.
  8. 09 Apr '14 11:27
    Originally posted by redbarons
    okaaaaaaaaaaay
  9. 09 Apr '14 14:07
    Yes, but the lamb won't get back up.
  10. Standard member redbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    09 Apr '14 15:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    Yes, but the lamb won't get back up.
    o ye of little faith.
  11. Standard member Soothfast
    09 Apr '14 17:51
    Kinky.
  12. 09 Apr '14 18:29

Whodey's definition of "collectivism" is "stuff I don't like because blogs and chain e-mails tell me so."
  13. 09 Apr '14 19:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Whodey's definition of "collectivism" is "stuff I don't like because blogs and chain e-mails tell me so."
    our friend whodey is a rather colourful figure
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    09 Apr '14 19:43 / 1 edit
    The Human Barbie Doll is Ukranian. She is very proud of her Nordic blood.
  15. 09 Apr '14 20:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The Human Barbie Doll is Ukranian. She is very proud of her Nordic blood.
    Are not the Ukrainians Slavic rather than Nordic?