Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 Jan '12 04:11 / 1 edit
    http://www.haaretz.com/travel-in-israel/tel-aviv-declared-world-s-best-gay-travel-destination-1.406699

This is just too funny. In a world wide survey conducted by GayCities.com and American Airlines, Tel Aviv was voted the #1 travel destination for the LGBT community with 43% of the votes. Coming in second was New York with 14% of the votes and Toronto a distant third with 7% of the votes.

Who woulda thunk it, especially when the LGBT community seems to work tirelessly to turn the only gay-friendly city in the Middle East into a tiny part of the Muslim empire where we all know from Ahmadinejod there are no gays or lesbians?

Then again, is it equally as funny that Christian fundamentalists are defending the only "Mecca" for gays and lesbians in the Middle East by defending Israel at all costs?

Oh, the irony!!!
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    13 Jan '12 04:12
    San Francisco isn't even on the list?
  3. 13 Jan '12 04:14
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    San Francisco isn't even on the list?
    According to the article it was not the top 3. I don't know if they were on the list or not. I imagine they were though.
  4. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    13 Jan '12 08:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.haaretz.com/travel-in-israel/tel-aviv-declared-world-s-best-gay-travel-destination-1.406699

This is just too funny. In a world wide survey conducted by GayCities.com and American Airlines, Tel Aviv was voted the #1 travel destination for the LGBT community with 43% of the votes. Coming in second was New York with 14% of the votes and Toronto a ...[text shortened]... and lesbians in the Middle East by defending Israel at all costs?

Oh, the irony!!!
    Why on earth? What is the attraction for gays in Tel Aviv?
  5. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    13 Jan '12 09:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    ..given the likes of Ahmidinejan and co who would like to redesign the Mediterranean coastline, it would seem that probabilistically at least, you would more likely have cause to bend over and kiss your arse goodbye in Tel Aviv than in any other place on the globe...

...apparently gays see that as a romantic challenge to limber up now while peace still exists so that they can all go down in a blaze of glory should that tragedy ever occur....
  6. 13 Jan '12 12:46
    I read in the advocate that Tel Aviv has an awesome nightlife.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Jan '12 12:53 / 1 edit
    We Jewish men are hot!

Duh
  8. 13 Jan '12 13:00
    Other gays.
  9. 13 Jan '12 13:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    We Jewish men are hot!

Duh
    Having posted your picture on your avatar, have you got any PM's from folks at RHP to take a romantic trip to Tel Aviv with them?
  10. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    13 Jan '12 13:22
    Having posted your picture on your avatar, have you got any PM's from folks at RHP to take a romantic trip to Tel Aviv with them?
    I wanted to take my kids whale-watching on Cape Cod a few years back and we ended up in Provincetown on 'Bear Week'.

This is how I now picture Tel Aviv.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Jan '12 13:39
    Hey, anybody who wants to pay for my air fare to Israel is welcome to do so.

Just don't expect me to hang out in Tel Aviv.
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Jan '12 13:40
    I wanted to take my kids whale-watching on Cape Cod a few years back and we ended up in Provincetown on 'Bear Week'.

This is how I now picture Tel Aviv.
    So, you're saying that you came to watch whales and ended up watching males?
  13. 13 Jan '12 13:46
    Hey, anybody who wants to pay for my air fare to Israel is welcome to do so.

Just don't expect me to hang out in Tel Aviv.
    What do you have against Tel Aviv? Are you a homophobe?
  14. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    13 Jan '12 14:01
    What do you have against Tel Aviv?
    ...Tel Aviv!!!
  15. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    13 Jan '12 15:28
    So, you're saying that you came to watch whales and ended up watching males?
    [Rimshot]

Let's just say, "Daaaaa-deeeee?! You got some splainin' to do!!!"