Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 13:52
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_passport#Countries_that_do_not_accept_Israeli_passports

Take a look at the 16 countries that do not accept an Israeli passport.

Where are the protests? Oh, I forgot, that is PC. My bad.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 14:131 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_passport#Countries_that_do_not_accept_Israeli_passports

You borrowed this meaningless meme from the net - but it is meaningless. The list refers to Muslim nations around the region. Most of the same countries are named by the State of Israel as "enemy states" and Israelis are banned from travelling to them - most of those since 1954 (Iran was included later, after the vicious Shah was deposed in a popular revoluton against a Western imposed dictator).

Anyway, how low does the US want to set the bar? What standards do you aspire to?

Now, will Trump be admitting victims of religious persecution who are non Jews in apartheid Israel?
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 14:26
    Originally posted by finnegan
    You borrowed this meaningless meme from the net - but it is meaningless. The list refers to Muslim nations around the region. Most of the same countries are named by the State of Israel as "enemy states" and Israelis are banned from travelling to them - most of those since 1954 (Iran was included later, after the vicious Shah was deposed in a popular revolu ...[text shortened]... , will Trump be admitting victims of religious persecution who are non Jews in apartheid Israel?
    Here is the list of counties that ban Israeli imigration. The status quo on this issue is unacceptable:
    Algeria
    Bangladesh
    Brunei
    Iran
    Iraq
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Libya
    Malaysia
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Saudi Arabia
    Sudan
    Syria
    United Arab Emirates
    Yemen

It's not a big d
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 14:38
    Originally posted by finnegan
    You borrowed this meaningless meme from the net - but it is meaningless. The list refers to Muslim nations around the region. Most of the same countries are named by the State of Israel as "enemy states" and Israelis are banned from travelling to them - most of those since 1954 (Iran was included later, after the vicious Shah was deposed in a popular revolu ...[text shortened]... , will Trump be admitting victims of religious persecution who are non Jews in apartheid Israel?
    Around the region? Malaysia? Bangladesh?

All righty then.

And I suppose if Israel lets Muslims take over their government and land they will be treated fairly, like the Christians in Syria have been treated or like they had been treated in your gloriously Progressive Europe, right?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 14:39
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Here is the list of counties that ban Israeli imigration. The status quo on this issue is unacceptable:
    Algeria
    Bangladesh
    Brunei
    Iran
    Iraq
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Libya
    Malaysia
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Saudi Arabia
    Sudan
    Syria
    United Arab Emirates
    Yemen

It's not a big d
    Just pointing out blind partisan hypocrisy

It's a hobby of mine.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 14:57
    Originally posted by whodey

It's okay. Any Israeli would have to be nuts to want to go to any of those places anyway.
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 15:19
    Originally posted by sh76
    It's okay. Any Israeli would have to be nuts to want to go to any of those places anyway.
    I'm not sure a group shouldn't want to go there anywhere (presumably because they would be treated poorly) is a standard defense to discrimination.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 15:36
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 19:27
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I'm not sure a group shouldn't want to go there anywhere (presumably because they would be treated poorly) is a standard defense to discrimination.
    I'd like to see someone try to defend the record of Muslim countries' discrimination.
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 19:35
    I'd like to see someone try to defend the record of Muslim countries' discrimination.
    Didn't the UN recently condemn Israel for building settlements but remain silent on the atrocities their neighbors commit?
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 19:42
    Like that's gonna happen!
    Most of these Moslim countries are led by pigs... oh the irony... or by hateful, spiteful and backwards regimes.

So?
    Are we really gonna compare our great democracies and our morality with that of the likes of Bangla-FFing-desh, Hitler, Assad and Saudi-Arabia?

Really?

You bunch of morons.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by Finnegan to Whodey
    You borrowed this meaningless meme from the net - but it is meaningless. The list refers to Muslim nations around the region. Most of the same countries are named by the State of Israel as "enemy states" and Israelis are banned from travelling to them - most of those since 1954 (Iran was included later, after the vicious Shah was deposed in a popu ...[text shortened]... , will Trump be admitting victims of religious persecution who are non Jews in apartheid Israel?
    Israel has conducted 'false flag' clandestine operations (blaming Arabs) against Jewish
    targets in Arab societies, with the aim of frightening Jews there into emigrating to Israel.

Perhaps the most notorious example of an Israeli 'false flag' operation was the Lavon Affair.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair

"The Lavon Affair refers to a failed Israeli covert operation, code named Operation
    Susannah, conducted in Egypt in the Summer of 1954. As part of the false flag
    operation, a group of Egyptian Jews were recruited by Israeli military intelligence to
    plant bombs inside Egyptian, American, and British-owned civilian targets, cinemas,
    libraries and American educational centers. The bombs were timed to detonate several
    hours after closing time. The attacks were to be blamed on the Muslim Brotherhood,
    Egyptian Communists, "unspecified malcontents" or "local nationalists" with the aim of
    creating a climate of sufficient violence and instability to induce the British government to
    retain its occupying troops in Egypt's Suez Canal zone."