Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 14:37
    Now that the election is over and all the mainstream media bias that was discovered, what do you say we take a look at the media from a different perspective. This may serve as a break from insulting one another for the time being. Take a look at this video and see what the researcher says about the mainstream medias coverage of the Fukishima disaster. She starts in at about the 25 minute mark. Do we really have a free press? Does it show how important a free press is?
    YouTube
  2. Germany
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 18:09
    I think what you need for a free press is a president who will (threaten to) sue newspapers that write bad things about him.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 18:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think what you need for a free press is a president who will (threaten to) sue newspapers that write bad things about him.
    And that makes coverage of the Fukishima disaster better says you? You are such a sock puppet.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 18:47
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Now that the election is over and all the mainstream media bias that was discovered, what do you say we take a look at the media from a different perspective. This may serve as a break from insulting one another for the time being. Take a look at this video and see what the researcher says about the mainstream medias coverage of the Fukishima disaster. Sh ...[text shortened]... press? Does it show how important a free press is?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAdFae5ONTg
    The press was exposed in a insurmountable way.
    While those who have been observant of their practices over the last two decades stopped listening to the propaganda they've been passing off as news, a whole slew of people just had their eyes opened to the extent of how bad it really is.
    If a free press is the key to a free society, the majority of people have been unknowingly blinded, enslaved.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 18:51
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The press was exposed in a insurmountable way.
    While those who have been observant of their practices over the last two decades stopped listening to the propaganda they've been passing off as news, a whole slew of people just had their eyes opened to the extent of how bad it really is.
    If a free press is the key to a free society, the majority of people have been unknowingly blinded, enslaved.
    We were taught in school how important a free press is, it amazes me how far we have gone toward what the Soviet Union was.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 18:511 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser to KZ
    And that makes coverage of the Fukishima disaster better says you? You are such a sock puppet.
    From your OP: "This may serve as a break from insulting one another for the time being." -- er, no.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 18:54
    Originally posted by JS357
    "This may serve as a break from insulting one another for the time being." -- er, no.
    LOL, the term sock puppet is not much of an insult. Just responding to someone deliberately derailing a topic before folks have started discussing it.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 19:17
    I don't feel like watching your video, but as an expert on the topic my opinion is that the press generally vastly overstated the damage and danger from the Fukushima disaster, which adversely affected public opinion on nuclear energy, a safe, clean and efficient form of energy. This has notably affected German energy policy, where clean nuclear energy was replaced by highly polluting coal, and electricity prices have skyrocketed partially as a result of this shift away from nuclear, and partially due to an over-reliance on non-competitive renewable energy sources.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 19:59
    He was being wittily sarcaaarrrrrstick.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 21:07
    I don't feel like watching your video, but as an expert on the topic my opinion is that the press generally vastly overstated the damage and danger from the Fukushima disaster, which adversely affected public opinion on nuclear energy, a safe, clean and efficient form of energy. This has notably affected German energy policy, where clean nuclear energy ...[text shortened]... from nuclear, and partially due to an over-reliance on non-competitive renewable energy sources.
    Start on about the 25th minute or so. There is a lady that researched the media and the kinds of reports we got from the mainstream media. If a free press is important, than this should be of interest. And no the media did not overplay it. It was downplayed.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 21:16
    Now that the election is over and all the mainstream media bias that was discovered, what do you say we take a look at the media from a different perspective. This may serve as a break from insulting one another for the time being. Take a look at this video and see what the researcher says about the mainstream medias coverage of the Fukishima disaster. Sh ...[text shortened]... press? Does it show how important a free press is?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAdFae5ONTg
    I love watching the news the night that a Republican wins the Presidency. I get to stay up late watching the news people being so sad. I remember watching Dan Rather cry, literal tears down his cheek, as he had to announce GW won. It was a very late night, but worth it.

This one was no different. As long as I don 't watch Fox I am guaranteed a good time and plenty of laughs as the arrogant talking heads get to eat crow.
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 21:181 edit
    How about sued for telling lies? Or being biased?
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 22:24
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I love watching the news the night that a Republican wins the Presidency. I get to stay up late watching the news people being so sad. I remember watching Dan Rather cry, literal tears down his cheek, as he had to announce GW won. It was a very late night, but worth it.

This one was no different. As long as I don 't watch Fox I am guaranteed a good time and plenty of laughs as the arrogant talking heads get to eat crow.
    I know. There is still plenty shist show left. The Dems are causing trouble all over the place. But what do you think about the controlled media? Are they serving a free society?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 14:46
    I know. There is still plenty shist show left. The Dems are causing trouble all over the place. But what do you think about the controlled media? Are they serving a free society?
    If the press is simply being used to present biased propaganda then it is not free press. If it is just a spin machine then it is free propganda. Press is unbiased but I wouldn't expect many Europeans to understand the difference between unbiased press and propaganda my government wants me to believe. I wouldn't expect any US establishment type or any libtard to understand this difference.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 14:48
    Did you notice that fox news wasn't crying but they were very much spewing the same story line early in the night?