Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 05:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I reported this post.

I advise others to report these kinds of posts, too.

I'm sick of openign up threads and seeing you say "blah blah racist troll who is far too stupid," etc.

This is inappropriate and it pollutes the forum.
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 07:512 edits
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I reported this post.

I advise others to report these kinds of posts, too.

I'm sick of openign up threads and seeing you say "blah blah racist troll who is far too stupid," etc.

This is inappropriate and it pollutes the forum.
    There have been threads on this topic in the past. I am definitely in favour of a free hand, it's easy to skim past posts you don't like, sure people cross the line now and again but it's better that we get to see true colours than to live under the censor.

I appreciate that the moderators are a lot less trigger happy now.

There are other types of pollution that is worse but within guidelines.

I advise others not to report these kinds of posts.
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 12:09
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    There have been threads on this topic in the past. I am definitely in favour of a free hand, it's easy to skim past posts you don't like, sure people cross the line now and again but it's better that we get to see true colours than to live under the censor.

I appreciate that the moderators are a lot less trigger happy now.

There are other types of ...[text shortened]... ion that is worse but within guidelines.

I advise others not to report these kinds of posts.
    There is no place for repeated personal attacks in a discussion forum. They are not designed to freely exchange idea -- in fact they intend to chill speech of those who don't support their cause and as such I fully support removing those individuals.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 12:52
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    There is no place for repeated personal attacks in a discussion forum. They are not designed to freely exchange idea -- in fact they intend to chill speech of those who don't support their cause and as such I fully support removing those individuals.
    Discussion? Is that what you think happens here?

Maybe you should read the post made by WOLFE63, they were both playing the same game.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 13:39
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Phranny's post is full of her characteristic muddled 'thinking' and ideological dogma.

Regarding her claim that native Americans ('Indians' ) and enslaved blacks are the only
    non-voluntary immigrants to the USA, 'voluntary immigration' is less clear-cut than she believes.
    In reality, many 'voluntary immigrants' fled their homelands on account of pers ...[text shortened]... ambodian
    genocide of the 1970s be more 'stressed' than the distant descendants of black slaves?
    1. Yes, many who have chosen to immigrate to the U.S. were/are fleeing horrendous situations. However, they are not forced to select the United States. Many Jews fled to countries other than the U.S. I do not mean to minimize their plight but clarify the difference. This fact in no way justifies their plight in the U.S.
    2. Based on both Jim Crow laws and laws harming Native Americans, their plight in the U.S. is not ancient history. Jim Crow laws ended in 1968, 50 years ago. https://www.history.com/topics/jim-crow-laws.
    3. Institutional racism exists in the U.S. and effects all non white residents in terms of housing, police harassment, education, employment, health care.
    4. All non white groups in the U.S. face racism. some religious groups face discrimination and hate crimes. Obviously bad. My point is that Native Americans and blacks, whose relatives did not voluntarily immigrate here, are in a different category. Their history of genocide in the U.S. is not that distant. Slavery ended in 1865. A slave born in 1860 would have been 5 at emancipation. If they lived to be 95, a 9 year old Baby Boomer born in 1946 (now 72) could have met a 95 year old person born into slavery. I certainly recall events from age 5 which is when many of us started kindergarten.
  6. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 13:56
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Discussion? Is that what you think happens here?

Maybe you should read the post made by WOLFE63, they were both playing the same game.
    All of my previous posts speak for themselves: My views are my own and have been rendered honestly, transparently and understood to be subjects of critical review.

But...the "every white man is a racist" card has been played once too often by this self-anointed "Dutchess". I stand by my most recent assessment. She is ill.

She knows nothing of the experiences, intentions or inner-most thoughts of every caucasian-american male on the planet. She refreshes, in fact, the same counter-productive prejudices which have always served to keep mankind divided.

I don't know her....or what resides in her heart: But her behavior within these forums betrays much. And it appears to me as the same old ugly-evil called "racism". It springs from an illness...one born of her hatred and of her ignorance.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 23:16
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    All of my previous posts speak for themselves: My views are my own and have been rendered honestly, transparently and understood to be subjects of critical review.

But...the "every white man is a racist" card has been played once too often by this self-anointed "Dutchess". I stand by my most recent assessment. She is ill.

She knows nothing of the expe ...[text shortened]... -evil called "racism". It springs from an illness...one born of her hatred and of her ignorance.
    Thank you. Well said. Her bullying behavior reminds me of Trump's tweets when he wants to tear into someone.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Apr '18 08:37
    Originally posted by @phranny
    Thank you. Well said. Her bullying behavior reminds me of Trump's tweets when he wants to tear into someone.
    This is an anonymous internet message board, the only way for the 'bullying' to have any effect is if there were some truth in it.

Someone said something mean on the internet. Ignore it.
    Someone said something mean on the internet which was not true. Ignore it.
    Someone said something mean on the internet and your conscience felt a twang. Run to the moderators
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    25 Apr '18 12:32
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Phranny's post is full of her characteristic muddled 'thinking' and ideological dogma.

Regarding her claim that native Americans ('Indians' ) and enslaved blacks are the only
    non-voluntary immigrants to the USA, 'voluntary immigration' is less clear-cut than she believes.
    In reality, many 'voluntary immigrants' fled their homelands on account of pers ...[text shortened]... ambodian
    genocide of the 1970s be more 'stressed' than the distant descendants of black slaves?
    Duchess rites, "While the genocide of some native American tribes and the enslavement of blacks were great tragedies of US history, these events have been over for several generations.(Slavery ended more than 150 years ago.) When considering 'stress' as risk factors today,one should examine more proximate causes rather than desperately reach (like Phranny) toward the traumas of distant ancestors as the most likely causes of such 'stress'."
    Slavery technically ended in 1865 but most know that horrific treatment of blacks continued and continues. The last lynching was in 1981 in Alabama. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Michael_Donald). Perhaps this NYT's article will help Duchess and others here realize the impact of slavery is not ancient history. (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/magazine/a-lynchings-long-shadow.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news)