Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 14:50
    Breaking: Manchin and Murkowski cross party lines in cloture vote. Looks like Kavanaugh will be confirmed 51-49 if the final vote goes the same as the cloture vote.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 14:542 edits
    @sh76 said
    Breaking: Manchin and Murkowski cross party lines in cloture vote. Looks like Kavanaugh will be confirmed 51-49 if the final vote goes the same as the cloture vote.
    I don't even have to watch the TV to know that. It was a setup from day one. But at least this is not the real deal. The real deal will come tomorrow and maybe some key minds might change then. Doubtful but we hope.

ALSO it will not be over even if K is confirmed if dems win big time in November, there will be more questions asked like what exactly did Trump write to the FBI as to who can be interviewed and the like which may be construed as obstruction of justice. That is only one of many other issues to be probed if Dems take over. If they take over enough, there WILL be impeachment hearings AT LEAST.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 15:51
    @sh76 said
    I don't think it will. Collins is set to announce her vote on confirmation this afternoon and that's probably the ballgame.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 15:54
    @sonhouse said
    I don't even have to watch the TV to know that. It was a setup from day one. But at least this is not the real deal. The real deal will come tomorrow and maybe some key minds might change then. Doubtful but we hope.

ALSO it will not be over even if K is confirmed if dems win big time in November, there will be more questions asked like what exactly did Trump write to the ...[text shortened]... be probed if Dems take over. If they take over enough, there WILL be impeachment hearings AT LEAST.
    You honestly believe, if Kavanaugh is confirmed and the Democrats subsequently take over Congress there will be impeachment hearings?
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 15:59
    @quackquack said
    You honestly believe, if Kavanaugh is confirmed and the Democrats subsequently take over Congress there will be impeachment hearings?
    I suspect not unless some major new revelations come to light.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 16:11
    Let's boof to celebrate!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 16:27
    @no1marauder said
    I suspect not unless some major new revelations come to light.
    If dems control the house and senate, they can for one thing, force Trump to release the written instructions to the FBI. And also force the release of the 100,000 odd documents held back by republicans which will probably show skullduggery on K's part. Then a re-opening of the FBI probe this time including all 40 of those turned back by the FBI under Trump's direction, things may look a LOT different.
  8. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 17:04
    @quackquack said
    No.

The Democrats have been conservatism's dupes and stooges for the last 50 years. They talk a good game, but when it comes to actually doing something to keep things in check...they roll over and play dead.

I'm sure, after the mid-term landslide to come, they'll admonish us all not to gloat. It happens every time.

This is a primary reason I've left the party to become an Independent. The Democrats have no "coglioni"! 😁
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 17:09
    @sonhouse said
    If dems control the house and senate, they can for one thing, force Trump to release the written instructions to the FBI. And also force the release of the 100,000 odd documents held back by republicans which will probably show skullduggery on K's part. Then a re-opening of the FBI probe this time including all 40 of those turned back by the FBI under Trump's direction, things may look a LOT different.
    Welcome to the United States. By January, the country will have moved on to other things.

Except for one or two flashpoint cases a year, people don't pay attention to the Supreme Court.

If there are impeachment proceedings, Trump will be the target, not Kavanaugh.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 17:12
    @no1marauder said
    I don't think it will. Collins is set to announce her vote on confirmation this afternoon and that's probably the ballgame.
    What would be fascinating is if Collins says she'll vote no or wants another delay. Would Manchin vote yes anyway and put BK over the top, earning the hatred of every Dem colleague?

Probably not, but it would be fascinating to watch.
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 17:12
    @wolfe63 said
    No.

The Democrats have been conservatism's dupes and stooges for the last 50 years. They talk a good game, but when it comes to actually doing something to keep things in check...they roll over and play dead.

I'm sure, after the mid-term landslide to come, they'll admonish us all not to gloat. It happens every time.

This is a primary reason I've left the party to become an Independent. The Democrats have no "coglioni"! 😁
    So you think that the Democrats should have impeachment hearings as soon as they get into power and will be disappointed if they chose not to.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 17:13
    @quackquack said
    So long as a Republican sits in the Oval Office or SCOTUS there will be talk of impeachment hearings.

They still want to impeach Clearance Thomas

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/the-case-for-impeaching-clarence-thomas.html
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 17:14
    @quackquack said
    So you think that the Democrats should have impeachment hearings as soon as they get into power and will be disappointed if they chose not to.
    So do they tackle Trump first or Kav?

Can they do both?

I have no question they have the will to do both.

Maybe they can swing the uppity black guy Thomas as well.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 17:201 edit
    How would John McCain (a reputed 'maverick' ) vote if he were still alive?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 17:241 edit
    @duchess64 said
    How would John McCain (a reputed 'maverick' ) vote if he were still alive?
    Who cares?

That's who