Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 29 Dec '16 21:23
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14I1TY

Obama kicks out Russians for what? I think about 22 days lol
  2. 29 Dec '16 21:34 / 1 edit
    Putin missed his chance at he UN. After the US abstained, Putin should have said that he would honor his friendship with Trump and had Russia veto the resolution.

That would have been very funny.
  3. 29 Dec '16 21:35
    Originally posted by Eladar

So does Eladar have no objection to Russian hacking into a US Presidential campaign?
    Does Eladar approve of a foreign power doing it as long it helps his preferred politician?
  4. 29 Dec '16 21:36
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    So does Eladar have no objection to Russian hacking into a US Presidential campaign?
    Does Eladar approve of a foreign power doing it as long it helps his preferred politician?
    I have no problem with people hacking the RNC or the DNC.
  5. 29 Dec '16 21:39 / 1 edit
    So Eladar has no problem with people violating US laws?
    If so, why won't Eladar become more tolerant of illegal immigrants in the USA?

By the way, Eladar recently insisted that a Pakistani Muslim immigrant in Germany be
    punished through deportation even though he was innocent of any crime.
  6. 29 Dec '16 21:40
    It seems to me there is a difference between the election and the campaign.

Hacking the election means hacking votes.

Hacking campaigns would be like getting questions to debates beforehand.
  7. 29 Dec '16 21:44
    It seems to me there is a difference between the election and the campaign.

Hacking the election means hacking votes.
    Hacking campaigns would be like getting questions to debates beforehand.
    So now Eladar seems to be arguing that it's acceptable for hackers to violate US laws
    some of the time but not necessarily all the time.

Would Eladar like to present that kind of argument in a court?
  8. 29 Dec '16 21:44
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/511921/which-four-countries-most-actively-hack-the-us/

China should be expelled before Russia.
  9. 29 Dec '16 21:47 / 1 edit
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/511921/which-four-countries-most-actively-hack-the-us/

China should be expelled before Russia.
    Donald Trump already has trotted out the "Let's blame China rather than Russia" excuse.
    Many countries (including the USA and Israel) attempt to hack other countries.
    American spy planes routinely flew over China.

Can Eladar cite any evidence that China hacked into the 2016 US Presidential campaign?
  10. 29 Dec '16 21:48
    Trump would be an idiot to double down on his "we don't know if it was Russia, computers are hard lolz"-shtick, as evidence of Russia's involvement mounts.

Then again, he is, so I'll just keep following Trump's greatest reality TV show ever, a bucket of popcorn in one hand, and a facepalm in the other.
  11. 29 Dec '16 21:51 / 1 edit
    Putin missed his chance at he UN. After the US abstained, Putin should have said
    that he would honor his friendship with Trump and had Russia veto the resolution.

That would have been very funny.
    It's funny to see an extreme right-wing American like Eladar apparently doing his utmost
    to express approval of Putin, a career KGB officer (or a 'Chekhist' in Russian parlance).
  12. 29 Dec '16 21:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Trump would be an idiot to double down on his "we don't know if it was Russia, computers are hard lolz"-shtick, as evidence of Russia's involvement mounts.
    Then again, he is, so I'll just keep following Trump's greatest reality TV show ever, a bucket of popcorn in one hand, and a facepalm in the other.
    What would happen if President Trump orders the CIA, FBI, or NSA to produce a report blaming
    someone except Russia (China's a usual scapegoat) for hacking into the 2016 Presidential campaign?

I am wondering to what extent Americans are ready to lie when President Trump orders them to do so.
  13. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    29 Dec '16 21:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    ... a bucket of popcorn in one hand, and a facepalm in the other.
    You're going to get butter all over your face that way. Just sayin.
  14. 29 Dec '16 22:03
    Personally I think this more to do with being left out of the Syria negotiations.
  15. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    29 Dec '16 22:06

Hoo boy, this is going to be a looooooog three weeks.
    Obama stoking the fires of peace by taking a poke at both Russia and Israel. So who's next, the Chinese?

Lucky for us most other world leaders know a temper tantrum when they see one, and three more weeks of this will be a mere blip on the screen compared to the past 8 years.