Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 23:181 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you have greater respect for a suicide bomber that goes out and murders people more than you do me?
    Duly noted. Can't say I'm surprised
    A 'suicide bomber' usually believes that one acts heroically, sacrificing one's life, for
    the greater good as part of a war that's important enough to call for such a sacrifice.
    Indeed, I have much respect for the Japanese kamikaze pilots even though I would
    have opposed Japanese imperialism. Yet I can respect courageous self-sacrifice
    in any cause, even that of, say, the CSA in the US Civil War.

Instead of doing his dishonest utmost to incite hatred against innocent Muslims in the USA,
    if Whodey were to volunteer to fight ISIS and get killed, I could have a bit of respect for him.

I have *not* noticed the hypocritical Whodey ever condemn the 'pro-life' terrorists who
    have bombed abortion clinics and murdered people, while being too cowardly to face
    the consequences of their actions.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 23:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Good thing lives are not at stake!
    You have a choice between a neo-conservative and someone who is showing signs of narcissistic or borderline personality disorder. Lives are at stake.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd to Whodey
    [b]Now you have joined the ranks of Marauder and company You have shown your true partisan colors as you lick the boots of Hillary.

LOL. You stupid s**ite! Marauder has never supported Hillary Clinton! But he has been honest enough to refute—in detail—the lies levelled against her by whores like you.[/b]
    When it's expedient for his cause, the lawyer No1Marauder typically likes to make hyper-legalistic
    arguments (He's not a rapist; he was convicted of sexual assault.) looking for any convenient loophole.
    When it's not expedient, No1Marauder can be extremely dishonest and abusive.

Caveat: as a non-American, I have not obsessively scrutinized Hillary Clinton's record.
    I lack the emotional investment that most Americans seem to have in her character.

To what extent is Hillary Clinton dishonest? Well, to a significant extent, almost all
    politicians are calculating enough to put their own interests ahead of sticking to the truth.
    Hillary Clinton is no exception. She's far from being a selfless saint or a paragon of virtue.
    But I know of no evidence that she's more dishonest than her husband, Bill Clinton,
    even though there's a popular perception (largely based on misogyny) that she's
    much more dishonest than him.

Is Hillary Clinton deceitful? I think it's fair to say that she can be quite disingenuous.
    Here's a comment by Nicholas Kristof, a journalist who's sympathetic toward her.
    "All [her E-mail scandal] is self-inflicted damage, which [Hillary] Clinton compounded
    with evasions and half-truths, coming across as lawyerly and shifty. A more gifted
    politician might have got away with it, but Clinton is not a natural politician. Her warmth
    can turn to remoteness on the television screen, her caution to slipperiness."
    --Nicholas Kristof (23 April 2016, 'New York Times' )

To sum up, my impression of Hillary Clinton is that she seems to fall within the expected
    range of most mainstream Democratic politicians in dishonesty. There's no question
    whatsoever that Donald Trump (a pathological liar) is far more dishonest than she.
    But many Americans seem far more accepting, even admiring, of Donald Trump's lies.

"Regardless of the public perception, experts see Trump as taking common political deception to another level."
    --Kim Soffen (27 July 2016, 'Washington Post' )

So it's a contest between Hillary Clinton, a politician of about average dishonesty,
    and Donald Trump, a transparent pathological liar.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 10:26
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    When it's expedient for his cause, the lawyer No1Marauder typically likes to make hyper-legalistic
    arguments (He's not a rapist; he was convicted of sexual assault.) looking for any convenient loophole.
    When it's not expedient, No1Marauder can be extremely dishonest and abusive.

Caveat: as a non-American, I have not obsessively scrutinized Hillary Cl ...[text shortened]... , a politician of about average dishonesty,
    and Donald Trump, a transparent pathological liar.
    All politicians are liars. I find it usually boils down to who is better at it that wins
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 11:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you have greater respect for a suicide bomber that goes out and murders people more than you do me?

Duly noted. Can't say I'm surprised
    Not what I said, liar.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 11:44
    Actually my perception is what it is they represent. Mrs Clinton is part of a political dynasty of elite politicians propped up by a corrupt system intent on maintaining and keeping the status quo and Mr. Trump a boorish maverick attempting to break up that dynasty in order to wrestle power from these political elites and give it to himself.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 11:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually my perception is what it is they represent. Mrs Clinton is part of a political dynasty of elite politicians propped up by a corrupt system intent on maintaining and keeping the status quo and Mr. Trump a boorish maverick attempting to break up that dynasty in order to wrestle power from these political elites and give it to himself.
    To the detriment of the USA and the world.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 13:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not what I said, liar.
    It was not posted towards you dingleberry
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 13:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I can assure you, the establishment has never been in more control than it is today
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 14:01
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    You have a choice between a neo-conservative and someone who is showing signs of narcissistic or borderline personality disorder. Lives are at stake.
    Psssst, Hillary's also running.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 14:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Psssst, Hillary's also running.
    Psst, it's a coronation not an election 😉