Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14766
    24 Aug '18 00:01
    What harm did she do? Does she deserve the sentence she was given?

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-leaks/reality-winner-sentenced-for-leaking-top-secret-u-s-report-idUSKCN1L81FD
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14766
    24 Aug '18 16:30
    I think the democrats are confused by this. They can't find anything wrong with what she did but she got 6 years in prison.

    Can anybody admit they think the sentence is too harsh?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    24 Aug '18 16:39
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    What harm did she do? Does she deserve the sentence she was given?

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-leaks/reality-winner-sentenced-for-leaking-top-secret-u-s-report-idUSKCN1L81FD
    The part where she said in her notebooks 'I want to burn the white house down' and association with known Islamic terrorists played into that.
    What I want to know is how does this play into your defense of Trump whom you claimed you never voted for but continue to defend as if you were Manafort.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14766
    24 Aug '18 17:00
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    The part where she said in her notebooks 'I want to burn the white house down' and association with known Islamic terrorists played into that.
    What I want to know is how does this play into your defense of Trump whom you claimed you never voted for but continue to defend as if you were Manafort.
    Before or after she leaked the information?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    24 Aug '18 17:04
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Before or after she leaked the information?
    Leaking the information would not have gotten her in near as much trouble as she found herself in when it was learned she hated the US government and was actively working against it. They don't take that kind of think kindly. If she had stopped at that and just was a real whistleblower, there would have been a much smaller sentence if any, maybe even just probation. But she crossed the line. She got what she deserved it looks like to me.

    Same as that Russian woman who infiltrated the NRA with her BS tale about there being a guns rights group in Russia, a fake idea started by Putin directly to give her background cover so she could infiltrate.

    A bit more serious than that OTHER blond.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14766
    24 Aug '18 17:22
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Leaking the information would not have gotten her in near as much trouble as she found herself in when it was learned she hated the US government and was actively working against it. They don't take that kind of think kindly. If she had stopped at that and just was a real whistleblower, there would have been a much smaller sentence if any, maybe even just ...[text shortened]... give her background cover so she could infiltrate.

    A bit more serious than that OTHER blond.
    "it was learned she hated the US government and was actively working against it."

    How was she working against it? The leak revealed Russian hacks. Isn't that the opposite of what you are claiming?
  7. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    24 Aug '18 17:511 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse to MetalBrain
    The part where she said in her notebooks 'I want to burn the white house down' and association with known Islamic terrorists played into that.
    What I want to know is how does this play into your defense of Trump whom you claimed you never voted for but continue to defend as if you were Manafort.
    Let's try to ignore Sonhouse's perpetual obsession with US partisan politics.
    (I would write no differently if the US President were still Barack Obama rather than Donald Trump.)

    Reality Winner may be described (like Chelsea Manning or Edward Snowden) as a 'whistleblower'.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/23/reality-winner-sentence-classified-report-leak

    "Reality Winner: NSA contractor jailed for five years over classified report leak
    Winner, who leaked report on Russian election interference, is first person Trump
    administration charged under Espionage Act."

    "Free speech advocates have warned that the Trump administration’s use of the
    Espionage Act – instead of less harsh laws that are crafted to penalize people for leaking
    government information – in Winner’s case perpetuates the aggressive attacks on
    whistleblowers seen under Barack Obama’s administration.

    The Intercept’s editor-in-chief, Betsy Reed, said Winner “should be honored, not punished”
    in a statement after the sentencing.

    “Selective and politically motivated prosecutions of leakers and whistleblowers under the
    Espionage Act – which dramatically escalated under Barack Obama, opening the door
    for the Trump justice department’s abuses – are an attack on the first amendment that
    will one day be judged harshly by history,” Reed said."

    Does the jingoistic American Sonhouse believe that Edward Snowden (now in Russia)
    should be condemned as a 'traitor' to the USA or even be executed, if that were legally permissible?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    24 Aug '18 21:281 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Let's try to ignore Sonhouse's perpetual obsession with US partisan politics.
    (I would write no differently if the US President were still Barack Obama rather than Donald Trump.)

    Reality Winner may be described (like Chelsea Manning or Edward Snowden) as a 'whistleblower'.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/23/reality-winner-sentence-clas ...[text shortened]... ld be condemned as a 'traitor' to the USA or even be executed, if that were legally permissible?
    Did I insult you in this post? Who is stalking whom now? Perpetual obsession with US Partisan politics? Let's see. I am American, stuck in a would be dictator in the form of Trump. We are WALLOWING in the filth of this POTUS and you call us obsessed? We want a REAL president, one who would not diss our allies, instead cozying up to our avowed enemies like he has such an incredible charisma he can sway any dictator in the world not even understanding he has gotten played. Why do you worry about the sickness that is American politics? Do you have no issues in whatever country it is you reside in?

    I said the prosecutors were swayed by the statements in her diary which said she wants to burn down the white house. Kind of a double edge statement for one being an alleged whistleblower. If she actually hated the US, it seems odd she would have gone to the trouble of pointing out enemy actions against the US. It's odd either way you look at it. But I am just reading into it what I read on the link, I never heard of her before today.
    Which of course will just lead you into yet another set of insults which does nobody any good. But you don't care about any of that do you?
  9. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    24 Aug '18 21:312 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Did I insult you in this post? Who is stalking whom now? Perpetual obsession with US Partisan politics? Let's see. I am American, stuck in a would be dictator in the form of Trump. We are WALLOWING in the filth of this POTUS and you call us obsessed? We want a REAL president, one who would not diss our allies, instead cozying up to our avowed enemies like ...[text shortened]... ckness that is American politics? Do you have no issues in whatever country it is you reside in?
    In this thread, the abusive lying troll Sonhouse did not start stalking me UNTIL his last post.
    Earlier, I inferred that Sonhouse's fanatical US jingoism apparently blocks him from having
    any sympathy for whistleblowers like Reality Winner, Chelsea Manning, or Edward Snowden.
    Sonhouse apparently enjoys being a jingoistic American but objects to being called out for it.

    Note that Flower04 knew that Sonhouse was stalking me, not the other way around.
    Years ago, Flower04 (a friend) wrote to me that she noticed (from his posts) that Sonhouse
    had developed a personal obsession (which other longtime readers may corroborate)
    with me and was 'stalking' (her words) me. She may have suggested that I report Sonhouse.
    The record since then has shown that she was right about Sonhouse's hateful character.

    The abusive lying troll Sonhouse, obsessed with hatred, keeps stalking me (who dared to
    reject his persistent offers of 'friendship' ).

    The troll Sonhouse's obsession is running around threads hurling insults or lies at me.
    It seems to be his absurd way of 'proving' that Sonhouse's NOT obsessively 'stalking' me

    How many posts has the abusive lying troll Sonhouse hurled at me in the past few days?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    24 Aug '18 21:341 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    In this thread, the abusive lying troll Sonhouse did not start stalking me UNTIL his last post.
    Earlier, I pointed out that Sonhouse's fanatical US jingoism apparently blocks him from having
    any sympathy for whistleblowers like Reality Winner, Chelsea Manning, or Edward Snowden.

    Note that Flower04 knew that Sonhouse was stalking me, not the other way ...[text shortened]... ng' me

    How many posts has the abusive lying troll Sonhouse hurled at me in the past few days?
    So did you just cut and paste that same post you have done all over this forum? Can you actually answer any questions I posted like my question about black education in SA which I know nothing about and was curious about, whether that issue has been taken up since the end of apartheid? I guess you consider THAT to be stalking too.
    If you want to limit the participation of certain individuals just post a list, I'm sure we can follow your list. Surely there must be more than one you don't want responses from.
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    24 Aug '18 21:362 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So did you just cut and paste that same post you have done all over this forum? Can you actually answer any questions I posted like my question about black education in SA which I know nothing about and was curious about, whether that issue has been taken up since the end of apartheid? I guess you consider THAT to be stalking too.
    Given that the abusive lying troll Sonhouse has been running around many threads
    (desperately embracing lying troll allies such as Wolfe63 and Quackquack) hurling about
    the same insults and lies at me everywhere, his **** warrants the same response everywhere.

    The troll Sonhouse's obsession is running around threads hurling insults or lies at me.
    It seems to be his absurd way of 'proving' that Sonhouse's NOT obsessively 'stalking' me

    How many posts has the abusive lying troll Sonhouse hurled at me in the past few days?
  12. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22232
    24 Aug '18 21:37
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    In this thread, the abusive lying troll Sonhouse did not start stalking me UNTIL his last post.
    Earlier, I inferred that Sonhouse's fanatical US jingoism apparently blocks him from having
    any sympathy for whistleblowers like Reality Winner, Chelsea Manning, or Edward Snowden.
    Sonhouse apparently enjoys being a jingoistic American but objects to being c ...[text shortened]... ng' me

    How many posts has the abusive lying troll Sonhouse hurled at me in the past few days?
    Once again, Duchess64 reveals that she is more than just a strange and pretentious troll...but also a mucous-clotted backstabber.

    She's already notorious for betraying Tom Wolsey by revealing the content of his PM's to her. Now she's blurting out personal information which Sonhouse has previously entrusted to her. What an azzhole!!!

    Sonhouse: She's a slimy reptile. Do you get it now?

    Has she left no sense of decency Sirs? At long last...has she left no sense of decency?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    24 Aug '18 21:40
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Given that the abusive lying troll Sonhouse has been running around many threads
    (desperately embracing lying troll allies such as Wolfe63 and Quackquack) hurling
    about the same insults and lies at me everywhere, his **** warrants the same response.

    The troll Sonhouse's obsession is running around threads hurling insults or lies at me.
    It seems to ...[text shortened]... ng' me

    How many posts has the abusive lying troll Sonhouse hurled at me in the past few days?
    Can you show me the insults I have hurled at you? Have I called you EVER a lying troll? I have 'hurled' honest critiques not insults like my pointing out how many times you hurl the same tired insults at anyone you consider some kind of enemy, People I would not socialize with but can see where they would not like to be continually called lying troll where you are not interested in actually uplifting anyone, but instead just a continual tirade of insults. Do you think there is some community service you are performing with this continuous display of animosity? So point out where I am insulting you now.
  14. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    24 Aug '18 21:44
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Can you show me the insults I have hurled at you? Have I called you EVER a lying troll? I have 'hurled' honest critiques not insults like my pointing out how many times you hurl the same tired insults at anyone you consider some kind of enemy, People I would not socialize with but can see where they would not like to be continually called lying troll where ...[text shortened]... performing with this continuous display of animosity? So point out where I am insulting you now.
    Obviously, the abusive lying trolls Sonhouse and Wolfe63 have formed an alliance in
    which they are determined to keep hurling as many insults and lies at me as they can.

    Given that the abusive lying troll Sonhouse has been running around many threads
    (desperately embracing lying troll allies such as Wolfe63 and Quackquack) hurling about
    the same insults and lies at me everywhere, his **** warrants the same response everywhere.

    The troll Sonhouse's obsession is running around threads hurling insults or lies at me.
    It seems to be his absurd way of 'proving' that Sonhouse's NOT obsessively 'stalking' me

    How many posts has the abusive lying troll Sonhouse hurled at me in the past few days?
    Can Sonhouse count that high (sarcasm)?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14766
    24 Aug '18 22:03
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Did I insult you in this post? Who is stalking whom now? Perpetual obsession with US Partisan politics? Let's see. I am American, stuck in a would be dictator in the form of Trump. We are WALLOWING in the filth of this POTUS and you call us obsessed? We want a REAL president, one who would not diss our allies, instead cozying up to our avowed enemies like ...[text shortened]... another set of insults which does nobody any good. But you don't care about any of that do you?
    "I said the prosecutors were swayed by the statements in her diary which said she wants to burn down the white house."

    Was that before or after she was arrested for leaking info? I asked you this question before.

    I would think you would be pleased she leaked that info. Don't you think her sentence was overly harsh? I don't see how she did any harm, do you?
Back to Top