Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 10 Jan '11 18:19
    Almost a year and a half ago he shot up 40+ of his fellow Army comrades while they were unarmed, killed 13, no question or doubt about it, and his trial has yet to begin.

WHAT is the hold up here? Seems like a military court martial would be faster than our civilian courts, but this guy is still sitting around drawing 80k/ year as a major and laughing at the system.
    I don't blame him. in Saudi Arabia they'd have cut off his head within a month.
  2. 10 Jan '11 18:20
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Almost a year and a half ago he shot up 40+ of his fellow Army comrades while they were unarmed, killed 13, no question or doubt about it, and his trial has yet to begin.

WHAT is the hold up here? Seems like a military court martial would be faster than our civilian courts, but this guy is still sitting around drawing 80k/ year as a major and laughin ...[text shortened]... the system.
    what do you suggest the treatment of major hassan should be?
  3. 10 Jan '11 18:28
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    what do you suggest the treatment of major hassan should be?
    Trial ASAP, not sitting around and thinking about starting it until almost two years later.

Followed by a month to put an appeal together, followed by immediate execution once it's denied.

This is a case where THERE IS NO DOUBT about what he did, why waste anymore time on the cockroach?
  4. 10 Jan '11 18:35
    Trial ASAP, not sitting around and thinking about starting it until almost two years later.

Followed by a month to put an appeal together, followed by immediate execution once it's denied.

This is a case where THERE IS NO DOUBT about what he did, why waste anymore time on the cockroach?
    the purpose of the legal system is not to dispense justice. did you think it was?
  5. 10 Jan '11 18:36 / 1 edit
    just like the purpose of a cancer is not to kill its host. it just happens that way.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 Jan '11 23:57 / 1 edit

WHAT is the hold up here? Seems like a military court martial would be faster than our civilian courts, but this guy is still sitting around drawing 80k/ year as a major and laughin ...[text shortened]... the system.
    Don't be ridiculous; he's not getting paid (no bank will cash his checks) and a little more than a year is nothing in a murder case. This murderer and rapist of a 12 year old Iraqi girl wasn't convicted for three years. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/22/us/22soldier.html

Hasan's not going anywhere.
  7. 11 Jan '11 00:16

Justice is a slow process.

Take a look at the time it takes to "kill of" a death row inmate.
  8. 11 Jan '11 00:31

Yes I remember this Muslim Terrorist quite well. I also remember Obama saying not to jump to conclusions about his motive
  9. 11 Jan '11 01:27
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Yes I remember this Muslim Terrorist quite well. I also remember Obama saying [b]not to jump to conclusions about his motive[/b]
    You're right. We should have jumped to conclusions about his motive.

Jumping to conclusions is always a good idea.
  10. 11 Jan '11 01:54
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    You're right. We should have jumped to conclusions about his motive.

Jumping to conclusions is always a good idea.
    It's called a Jump to Conclusions mat. It has different conclusions on it that you could jump to.
  11. 11 Jan '11 14:11
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Yes I remember this Muslim Terrorist quite well. I also remember Obama saying [b]not to jump to conclusions about his motive[/b]
    Hilarious!!