Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 May '11 12:33 / 1 edit
    he just made his run official.
    is it going to be the same for him this time around or does he actually have a chance this time?
  2. 13 May '11 12:49
    Nope. No chance. Not just because he's an idiot and has zero charisma, but his ideas are too far out to appease anyone but hardcore libertarians and creationists.
  3. 13 May '11 13:08
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Nope. No chance. Not just because he's an idiot and has zero charisma, but his ideas are too far out to appease anyone but hardcore libertarians and creationists.
    I think you are right.
    He is under the impression that the time to strike is now.
    I thought we had some Ron Paul supporters here?
  4. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    13 May '11 13:54
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I think you are right.
    I just want him to stay in long enough to stand on a stage somewhere and declare Donald Trump has no chance of getting elected President.
  5. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    13 May '11 16:00
    I think you are right.
    I changed my mind. I used to like him.
  6. 13 May '11 16:05
    I think you are right.
    I can't say I like everything about the man, but who out there is better right now?

Why not just post what you don't like about the man to begin this thread?
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    13 May '11 16:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    I can't say I like everything about the man, but who out there is better right now?

I believe he's a young earth creationist. I can't take him seriously now.
  8. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    13 May '11 16:14
    Actually, after giving this some thought, what I really want is a debate between Ron Paul and Donald Trump, with, please oh God, Rosie O'Donnell moderating.
  9. 13 May '11 16:22

I'm a lot better, but I have to fake a US birth certificate before I can be elected.
  10. 14 May '11 02:15
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I believe he's a young earth creationist. I can't take him seriously now.
    So you are going to let the fact that he is a YEC dictate whether or not he is the best man for the job? No one said he was a scientist did they? Should I let the fact that Obama picked Kansas to win, (lame picks I might add), the last two NC games in college basketball effect whether I should vote for him? After all, no one said he was a professional sports analyst.

Now getting back to running the country. What exactly are you opposed to regarding Ron?
  11. 14 May '11 07:25 / 1 edit
    So you are going to let the fact that he is a YEC dictate whether or not he is the best man for the job? No one said he was a scientist did they? Should I let the fact that Obama picked Kansas to win, (lame picks I might add), the last two NC games in college basketball effect whether I should vote for him? After all, no one said he was a professional spor ...[text shortened]... yst.

Now getting back to running the country. What exactly are you opposed to regarding Ron?
    But the president of the United States has very little to do with sports, except for attending the occasional game. However, government policy has a lot of impact on science funding and support. You can't exactly expect a man who is violently opposed to science and reason to do anything sensible in this area.

"Violently opposed to" isn't even hyperbole here. Every credible scientist on the face of this Earth agrees that the Earth is billions of years old. Disagreeing with that means, more or less, that you believe every scientist to be either massively incompetent or a liar. It is even a couple of leagues up from the "climate change is a hoax" crowd, and that's saying something. This is a man who believes what he believes in the face of overwhelming evidence and that is not exactly a good thing in a president.
  12. 14 May '11 07:29
    So you are going to let the fact that he is a YEC dictate whether or not he is the best man for the job? No one said he was a scientist did they? Should I let the fact that Obama picked Kansas to win, (lame picks I might add), the last two NC games in college basketball effect whether I should vote for him? After all, no one said he was a professional spor ...[text shortened]... yst.

The US is the center of the scientific world. Surely you don't want someone at the helm who is passionately anti-science.
  13. 14 May '11 08:21
    The US is the center of the scientific world.
    Say what?
  14. 14 May '11 08:23
    Originally posted by Zenarctic
    Say what?
    What country would you pick as providing the most important contributions to science in general? Zimbabwe?
  15. 14 May '11 08:27
    What country would you pick as providing the most important contributions to science in general? Zimbabwe?
    Oh, I don't know. Japan, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Israel... should I keep going? Science is not bound by ridiculous notions of nationality.