Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    18 Jul '16 05:14
    House Speaker Paul Ryan proudly posted a "selfie" in front of what he glowingly describes as: "a record for the most number of Capitol Hill interns in a single selfie". https://www.instagram.com/p/BH7pXnKj5t_/

It's Fishy's dream that all of America looks like this some day.
  2. 10 Aug '16 22:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    House Speaker Paul Ryan proudly posted a "selfie" in front of what he glowingly describes as: "a record for the most number of Capitol Hill interns in a single selfie". https://www.instagram.com/p/BH7pXnKj5t_/

It's Fishy's dream that all of America looks like this some day.
    The writers in this forum (almost all white men) seem hardly any more diverse than these Republican Party interns.
    The endemic racism and sexism here also remind me of a Republican Party meeting.
  3. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    10 Aug '16 22:30
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The writers in this forum (almost all white men) seem hardly any more diverse than these Republican Party interns.
    The endemic racism and sexism here also remind me of a Republican Party meeting.
    That's what keeps you coming back D. You love to hate us. I mean you literally do.

It's a sickness.
  4. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    10 Aug '16 22:46 / 5 edits
    I apologize deeply if most of here are white males. It's not our fault, we were born that way. Without knowing who I am, or what I think, you accuse me of being a racist?

I've tried to stay neutral in this ongoing duel you have with many on this site regarding racism and sexism, but your posts suggest you have a racist and sexist attitude as well.
  5. 10 Aug '16 23:03 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by mchill
    I apologize deeply if most of here are white males. It's not our fault, we were born that way.
    Without knowing who I am, or what I think, you accuse me of being a racist?

I've tried to stay neutral in this ongoing duel you have with many on this site regarding
    racism and sexism, but your posts suggest you have a racist and sexist attitude as well.
    I know Mchill only by what he writes at RHP, and that's enough to form a conclusion.
    Contrary to his usual disingenuous denial, Mchill, a white American man, already has a
    record of attempting to deny, minimize, or excuse racism by his fellow white Americans.
    Mchill has apparently like to make the absurd implication that all racial groups should
    be *equally* blamed for *whatever* racial problems that *might* exist in the USA.
    Should blacks and whites be equally blamed for the USA's historical record of slavery?
    Should the US media pay equal attention to unarmed whites being shot and killed by
    black police officers as it does to unarmed blacks being shot and killed by white police officers?

And, as common for racist white Americans, Mchill likes to keep accusing anyone who
    dares to point out the existence of white American racism of being a racist.

Of course, no one blames Mchill for being a white man (the absurd 'strawman' for which
    Mchill makes a fake pseudo-apology). And I don't blame Mchill for having grown up in
    a deeply racist dominant American culture where white privilege is taken for granted.
    But Mchill is *responsible* for his willful ignorance of and dishonest denial of American racism.
    There are other white Americans who grew up having been 'brainwashed' with racist beliefs
    and, in contrast to Mchill, they have been able to do much more to overcome their racist conditioning.
  6. 10 Aug '16 23:16 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    That's what keeps you coming back D. You love to hate us. I mean you literally do.
    It's a sickness.
    Sleepyguy, an extreme right-wing white American racist who's evidently full of hate, likes
    to pretend that he must represent all other white American men, but I know that he does not.
    There are white American men who respect and admire me and would loathe Sleepyguy.

White American men are only a small minority of the world's population, *not* the true measure of all humankind.
    In a forum that was more representative of the world's diverse population, I expect that
    many more voices would be on my side in opposing Sleepyguy and other racists.
    That's why such racists prefer a world--or at least a USA--in which others' voices could be silenced.

As the power of white men begins to decline (from complete dominance) in the USA,
    I expect that many insecure and frightened white men will become even more shrill,
    desperate, and paranoid in attacking the supposedly dangerous, evil Other.
    I suspect that many white men are terrified, though they never would admit it, of having
    to compete *without the advantages* of institutional racism and sexism against other people.
  7. 10 Aug '16 23:29
    Sleepyguy, an extreme right-wing white American racist who's evidently full of hate, likes
    to pretend that he must represent all other white American men, but I know that he does not.
    There are white American men who respect and admire me and would loathe Sleepyguy.
    As much hate as you??? Yet another hijacked post, So predictable. RHPS No 1 troll. Its all about "YOU".
  8. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    10 Aug '16 23:34 / 1 edit
    But Mchill is *responsible* for his willful ignorance of and dishonest denial of American racism. -Duchess64

A. How do you know what I am willfuly ignorant of? Can you read my mind?

B. I don't recall denying racism exists

C. Why are you accusing me of these things? You have no idea what my views are.
  9. 10 Aug '16 23:38 / 3 edits
    But Mchill is *responsible* for his willful ignorance of and dishonest denial of American racism. -Duchess64

How do you know what I am ignorant of? Can you read my mind?
    "Can you read my mind?"
    --Mchill

I have read enough of Mchill's earlier posts, including his ignorant (at best) comments on racism.
    I note that Mchill has fiercely objected to white Americans allegedly being singled out for
    blame upon the issue of racism, as though racism were an 'equal opportunity' oppressor.
    It's absurd and extremely dishonest to pretend as though racism afflicts white people
    nearly as much as non-white people in the USA.

I know that it's common here for white men (including some self-styled 'liberals' ) to whine
    that white men must be the most oppressed by racism and sexism in the USA today.
  10. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    10 Aug '16 23:45 / 1 edit
    "Can you read my mind?"
    --Mchill

I have read enough of Mchill's earlier posts, including his ignorant (at best) comments on racism.
    I note that Mchill has fiercely objected to white Americans allegedly being singled out for
    blame upon the issue of racism, as though racism were an 'equal opportunity' oppressor.
    It's absurd and extremely dishonest t ...[text shortened]... pretend as though racism afflicts white people
    nearly as much as non-white people in the USA.
    You speak but half the truth. I pointed out that all races are guilty of racism. I doubt that qualifies as a (fierce objection), also, is it really dishonest to pretend racism afflicts white people more than non-white people?? Without knowing what other people think, you cannot know this yourself. It is not logical.
  11. 10 Aug '16 23:50 / 1 edit

A. How do you know what I am willfuly ignorant of? Can you read my mind?
    B. I don't recall denying racism exists
    C. Why are you accusing me of these things? You have no idea what my views are.
    Mchill keeps being extremely disingenuous. Mchill already has quite a record of
    personally attacking me (including by lying) for daring to criticize American racism.

Although I don't recall that Mchill has absolutely denied that racism exists in the USA,
    Mchill has fiercely attacked me for daring to hold white Americans responsible for racism.
    Apparently, Mchill insists that I should appear absurdly 'race neutral' in discussing racism,
    such as by disingenuously *not* identifying who's the oppressor and who's the oppressed.
    And Mchill does this in a forum where white men like to claim they are really the most oppressed.

In reality, racism is an important way for white people to get and keep power and other
    advantages over non-white people in the USA. It's not about non-white people oppressing white people.
    If this discussion were about racism in Japan in a forum full of Japanese readers, then
    I would write quite differently about racism. But it's not, so I don't.
  12. 10 Aug '16 23:58
    You speak but half the truth. I pointed out that all races are guilty of racism. I doubt that qualifies as a (fierce objection), also, is it really dishonest to pretend racism afflicts white people more than non-white people?? Without knowing what other people think, you cannot know this yourself. It is not logical.
    "I pointed out that all races are guilty of racism."
    --Mchill

Even if that's true, that's generally *irrelevant in the context of racism in the United States*.
    It's absurd to pretend that discussions in this forum are about racism in Japan, for instance.
    White Americans cannot evade their responsibility (as Mchill might hope) for racism in the
    USA by pointing out that Hutus committed a genocide against Tutsis in Rwanda in 1994.

It's absurd for Mchill to imply as though non-white racism against white people in the USA
    must be an equally important problem as white racism against non-white people in the USA.

I already have pointed out (Finnegan has done too to other writers) that there's a difference
    between *individual racial prejudice* and *institutional racism*, but Mchill is unwilling or
    unable to recognize that fundamental difference.
  13. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    11 Aug '16 00:00 / 3 edits
    Mchill keeps being extremely disingenuous. Mchill already has quite a record of
    personally attacking me (including by lying) for daring to criticize American racism.

Although I don't recall that Mchill has absolutely denied that racism exists in the USA,
    Mchill has fiercely attacked me for daring to hold white Americans responsible for racism.
    Appar ...[text shortened]... Japanese readers, then
    I would write quite differently about racism. But it's not, so I don't.
    Duchess - I have made every effort to be respectful to you, and to be truthful in my posts. It's become clear to me that your responses are the product of emotion, not logic. It's also become clear to me that I've joined the vast majority of people here whom you've chosen to attack, simply because I am a white male. I am very sorry you've chosen to go down this path. It's clear to me you have some rather severe personal issues you are dealing with. I pray one day these issues will cease to haunt you.

::Transmitted from a quiet room on a beautiful summer day::
  14. 11 Aug '16 00:10 / 1 edit
    Duchess - I have made every effort to be respectful to you, and to be truthful in my posts. It's become clear to me that your responses are the product of emotion, not logic. It's also become clear to me that I've joined the vast majority of people here whom you've chosen to attack, simply because I am a white male. I am very sorry you've chosen to go down th ...[text shortened]... her severe personal issues you are dealing with. I hope one day these issues cease to haunt you.
    The racist apologist Mchill keeps spewing more extremely dishonest nonsense.
    Mchill's fake show of 'politeness' cannot disguise his offensive misconduct.

"I have made every effort be respectful to you, and to be truthful in my posts."
    --Mchill

That's absurd. In several earlier threads as well as this one, I have cited evidence to
    point out Mchill's *disrespectfully* flagrantly misrepresenting what I write in addition to
    his falsehoods in support of his attempts to minimize or excuse white American racism.

And I note with absolute disdain that, beneath his fake show of 'politeness', *if* Mchill
    were 'respectful' to me, he would *not* speculate about my alleged 'personal issues'.

"...you've chosen to attack, simply because I am a white male."
    --Mchill

I expect the racist apologist Mchill to cling to his cherished delusional falsehood.
    Sasquatch672, a right-wing white American man, wrote that he nearly always disagrees
    with me and that I always have been civil to him and never have personally attacked me.

In real life, there are many white men who respect and admire me and even a few who
    have professed to have reasons for feeling more toward me. No matter how often Mchill repeats
    the lie that I hate or attack white men simply for being white men, it will not become true.
    And no matter how 'politely' (sarcasm) Mchill repeats his lie, it will not become true.
  15. 11 Aug '16 00:28
    Duchess - I have made every effort to be respectful to you, and to be truthful in my posts. It's become clear to me that your responses are the product of emotion, not logic. It's also become clear to me that I've joined the vast majority of people here whom you've chosen to attack, simply because I am a white male. I am very sorry you've chosen to go down th ...[text shortened]... e issues will cease to haunt you.

::Transmitted from a quiet room on a beautiful summer day::
    You are wasting your time trying to be logical with the Duchess, She is far to self absorbed and egocentric to even consider that someone else " might " be right when their opinion differs from hers.