Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:451 edit
    The last time you entered a government building of any kind in the US, whether it be a court house or building dedicated to the IRS, etc., what is it you first have to do? Is it not to empty your pockets and be frisked with an armed guard at the door?

And when is the last time a government building was shot up? I'm sure we can skim through the records and find some, but for the life of me I can't remember the last one.

Now why is it our schools have a shooting pretty much every month and nothing is done like this?

Answer: because those in government only care about themselves.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:561 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The last time you entered a government building of any kind, whether it be a court house or building dedicated to the IRS, etc., what is it you first have to do? Is it not to empty your pockets and be frisked with an armed guard at the door?

And when is the last time a government building was shot up? I'm sure we can skim through the records and find so ...[text shortened]... d nothing is done like this?

Answer: because those in government only care about themselves.
    Despite your silly remark about what our government cares about, you've hit upon something important. With school shootings getting more deadly and common, I think it's time for schools to at least install metal detectors, similar to the one's at airports, frankly I hate the idea, but with 300-400 million guns in circulation in America I can't think of another way to deal with this problem.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:59
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Despite your silly remark about what our government cares about, you've hit upon something important. With school shootings getting more deadly and common, I think it's time for schools to at least install metal detectors, similar to the one's at airports, frankly I hate the idea, but with 300-400 million guns in circulation in America I can't think of another way to deal with this problem.
    So we agree that metal detectors need to be installed?

I assume no armed guard then?

I really hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but why did the FBI discount 2 warnings about Cruz? And why was he allowed to buy an AR 15 with such a violent history and mental health issues?

Could it be that the government wants to ban guns so badly that they are allowing the schools to get shot up in order to generate public support for it?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 18:06

I really hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but why did the FBI discount 2 warnings about Cruz? And why was he allowed to buy an AR 15 with such a violent history and mental health issues?

Could it be that the government wants to ban guns so badly that they are allowing the schools to get shot up in order to generate public support for it?
    Could it be that it was all orchestrated by Trump, in order to discredit the FBI?

I mean, I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it's just too damn easy not to do.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 18:071 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Could it be that it was all orchestrated by Trump, in order to discredit the FBI?

I mean, I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it's just too damn easy not to do.
    I'm thinking Putin is behind it.

After all, Trump is just his stooge.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 18:081 edit
    Obama used the IRS to go after conservative to try and win elections, which is an established fact, why not use the FBI?

Could it be that both organizations are merely political operatives for the DNC?
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 18:09
    I'm thinking Putin is behind it.

After all, Trump is just his stooge.
    Yes, it's amusing to make fun of conspiracy theorists, innit?
  8. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 18:35
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Yes, it's amusing to make fun of conspiracy theorists, innit?
    Yes...until one realizes; conspiracies truly do happen.

As for the current propaganda regarding an insidious and maleficent FBI: Conservatives would do well to remember that J.Edgar was their weapon against: "The blacks"; "the commies"; "the pinkos" "the hippies" and "the fags".

Clearly, they don't like when the knife's opposite edge is cutting their own throats.
  9. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 18:531 edit

So we agree that metal detectors need to be installed? - Yes

I assume no armed guard then? - I'm not sure about that one.

- This is because gun laws in America are so lax, and riddled with so many loopholes, even "walking time bombs" just like Cruz, have no problems arming themselves to the teeth.

- The "Government" doesn't want to ban guns, if it did, the number of guns in America wouldn't be doubling every decade or two.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 18:562 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Yes...until one realizes; conspiracies truly do happen.

As for the current propaganda regarding an insidious and maleficent FBI: Conservatives would do well to remember that J.Edgar was their weapon against: "The blacks"; "the commies"; "the pinkos" "the hippies" and "the fags".

Clearly, they don't like when the knife's opposite edge is cutting their own throats.
    Lies!

The FBI has never been politicized.

There is and never has been any corruption

Everyone that suggests so should obtain a tin foil hat. 😠

All people trend towards corruption, except those in the FBI.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 18:571 edit
    So we agree that metal detectors need to be installed? - Yes

I assume no armed guard then? - I'm not sure about that one.

- This is because gun laws in Ame ...[text shortened]... to ban guns, if it did, the number of guns in America wouldn't be doubling every decade or two.
    So the reason the FBI did not respond was because the gun laws are so lax?

Why then did the FBI fire someone for not acting?

There is usually some poor soul that gets fired for a conspiracy, as then then sweep it all under the rug.
  12. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:02
    Lies!

The FBI has never been politicized.

There is and never has been any corruption

Everyone that suggests so should obtain a tin foil hat. 😠

All people trend towards corruption, except those in the FBI.
    Ummmm...

COINTELPRO
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:102 edits
    It's time for parents all across the country to start to pull their children out of the public cesschools.

You can homeschool or one of those fancy private schools Progressives in government send their children.
  14. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:31
    So the reason the FBI did not respond was because the gun laws are so lax?

Why then did the FBI fire someone for not acting?

There is usually some poor soul that gets fired for a conspiracy, as then then sweep it all under the rug.
    So the reason the FBI did not respond was because the gun laws are so lax? - I don't know why the FBI didn't respond, I was just guessing. Over 100 million gun owners is a lot to keep track of.

Why then did the FBI fire someone for not acting? - Because the investigation is not complete. I think you'll find that more than one person will be fired.

There is usually some poor soul that gets fired for a conspiracy, as then then sweep it all under the rug. - Yes, sometimes this happens, but keeping track of all the mentally challenged, and felon gun owners requires more resources than even the FBI has, and the FBI does have other criminals to deal with. Any time someone wants more resources to deal with this problem folks like you scream that the "gubment is out to take our guns away!"
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:39
    So the reason the FBI did not respond was because the gun laws are so lax? - I don't know why the FBI didn't respond, I was just guessing. Over 100 million gun owners is a lot to keep track of.

Why then did the FBI fire someone for not acting? - Because the investigation is not complete. I think you'll find that more than one person will be fired.

Th ...[text shortened]... to deal with this problem folks like you scream that the "gubment is out to take our guns away!"
    It's OK, I'm sure once Mueller is done with his investigation in 4 years or so more FBI agents will be available to actually do their jobs.