Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 22 Jul '10 01:51
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/cover-sidebar/magazines/coverimages/WStandard.15-42.July26.Cover_.jpg
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    22 Jul '10 13:23
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/cover-sidebar/magazines/coverimages/WStandard.15-42.July26.Cover_.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKuMVqht4U
  3. 22 Jul '10 13:41
    One bombing another is as bad as the other bombing the first.

He who uses the next nuclear bomb, whoever he is, I'd like to send to hell.
    Two bombs used on civilians are two too many already.

I don't like anyone having any nuclear bombs.
    Not Israel, not North-Korea, not France, not Russia, not India, not Pakistan, nor USA.
    Especially those who who dosn't sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
  4. 22 Jul '10 16:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    One bombing another is as bad as the other bombing the first.

He who uses the next nuclear bomb, whoever he is, I'd like to send to hell.
    Two bombs used on civilians are two too many already.

I don't like anyone having any nuclear bombs.
    Not Israel, not North-Korea, not France, not Russia, not India, not Pakistan, nor USA.
    Especially those who who dosn't sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
    I agree though I struggle with the bombing of Japan.
    especially after my trip to Pearl harbor. I saw a spot on the battleship Missouri, where a kamakazi (sp)? had hit her up pretty high, The Japanese were told and expected not to come home.... it was a terrible thing. Rather than being captured, they simply blew themselves up with a grenade....
    how do you fight and win that war?
    I thought maybe a drop in the ocean to show them, but it would have also warned them to expect the next attack,,, so I'm just gald I didn't have to make the call.
  5. 22 Jul '10 16:30
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I agree though I struggle with the bombing of Japan.
    especially after my trip to Pearl harbor. I saw a spot on the battleship Missouri, where a kamakazi (sp)? had hit her up pretty high, The Japanese were told and expected not to come home.... it was a terrible thing. Rather than being captured, they simply blew themselves up with a grenade....
    how do y ...[text shortened]... also warned them to expect the next attack,,, so I'm just gald I didn't have to make the call.
    I don't want to debate the two nukes already used to civilans. It's worth a whole new thread to that. I've made the statement in the matter. That's enough.

This thread is about Iran vs Israel. Both threatten to use the Bomb. Each one of them have the same right to blow the other off the planet. Both one has the same right to defend itself and survive to throw the Bomb at the other first.
    I say the same right, and I mean that noone has that right. Noone.

A Nuke doesn't hit the enemies. Because the enemies are the politicians. The Nuke will hit civilians. Innocent civilians. Civilians that don't want anything more than peace. Even peace from their own politicians.

The politicians of both Israel and Iran makes the lifes of the citizens unsafe. If they would struggle for peaceful relations to their neighbours, then they would do their job. But no. They want their names to be burnt in. With radiation?

I think this planet needs an intervention from an alien intelligent and technological civilization. One that blow every nuke where they currently are. Or perhaps with a year of warning. And that they see to that no Nuke will ever be used again.

In my dreams? Yes, in my dreams.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    22 Jul '10 16:56
    I don't want to debate the two nukes already used to civilans. It's worth a whole new thread to that. I've made the statement in the matter. That's enough.

This thread is about Iran vs Israel. Both threatten to use the Bomb. Each one of them have the same right to blow the other off the planet. Both one has the same right to defend itself and survive t ...[text shortened]... that they see to that no Nuke will ever be used again.

When did Israel threaten to nuke anyone? Israel doesn't even admit having the bomb; how could they threaten to use it?
  7. 22 Jul '10 17:10
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    the answer is clearly no.
    The question on the cover of the magazine is obviously meant to be sensationalist.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    22 Jul '10 18:21

This thread is about Iran vs Israel. Both threatten to use the Bomb. Each one of them have the same right to blow the other off the planet. Both one has the same right to defend itself and survive t ...[text shortened]... that they see to that no Nuke will ever be used again.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life could evolve into something we wouldn't want to meet.

Stephen Hawking
  9. 22 Jul '10 18:26
    Originally posted by sh76
    When did Israel threaten to nuke anyone? Israel doesn't even admit having the bomb; how could they threaten to use it?
    The don't have to admit their bomb. They have one. They act like they have one.
    We know who Mordechai Vanunu is, don't we?
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    22 Jul '10 19:06
    Since Iran's one of the few Muslim countries within bombing range of Israel that the Zionist entity hasn't bombed already, they're probably due.
  11. 22 Jul '10 19:25
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    the answer is clearly no.
    The question on the cover of the magazine is obviously meant to be sensationalist.
    the cover article is one. another one i read is two. and this other guy writing about 3 other articles makes 4 + 2 = 6.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/politics/Rising-speculation-about-bombing-Iran_s-nukes-1002107-98879894.html

Rising speculation about bombing Iran's nukes
    By: Michael Barone
    Senior Political Analyst
    July 21, 2010
    (AP)

Many years ago I was privileged to attend a dinner with James Rowe, one of the "passion for anonymity" young aides to Franklin Roosevelt, original author of the winning strategy for Harry Truman's 1948 campaign and close confidant of then-President Lyndon Johnson.

Rowe described how Johnson tested insider opinion. He would call an ideologically wide range of acquaintances and ask their views on an issue of the day. Most responded as he expected. But when one or two said something he hadn't expected he would take notice. Maybe things weren't going as he thought.

That memory returned as I read three recent articles saying there's an increasing chance that the United States -- or Israel -- might well bomb Iran's nuclear facilities.

12. 22 Jul '10 19:26
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life could evolve into something we wouldn't want to meet.

Stephen Hawking
    better call back Voyager 1.