Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 17:19
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yes I do, they just don't coincide with yours. I think they are more in line with Christian goals.
    You mean triggering the second coming???
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 18:05
    Yes I do, they just don't coincide with yours. I think they are more in line with Christian goals.
    I have commented earlier on your Christian interpretation of events and you were naturally silent. An assertion is not an argument and not a basis for anyone to take you seriously. You need to defend your assertions in debate. This a debate forum, not a fkg parish notice board.

As I say, while you certainly persist in your infestation of these debates, you actually contribute no reasoned arguments.
  3. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 19:48
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I have commented earlier on your Christian interpretation of events and you were naturally silent. An assertion is not an argument and not a basis for anyone to take you seriously. You need to defend your assertions in debate. This a debate forum, not a fkg parish notice board.

As I say, while you certainly persist in your infestation of these debates, you actually contribute no reasoned arguments.
    This a debate forum, not a fkg parish notice board.

LMAO 😀
    I did reply, perhaps you should look back a page or two.
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 20:04

In any event, Bannon may suggest, but Trump has a mind of his own and makes the final decision. And I am sure he will consult with many others as well. I think it is a needless worry.
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 20:312 edits
    [b] Fundamentalism in Judaism, Islam and Christiianity is a modern and disagreeable outcome of the fear of intellectual effort
    I don't think the bible really "sneers" at intellectual effort, and neither do I. It is only appropriate when the intellectual rises beyond his/her bounds and thinks to himself that he is wiser than God, or begins to doubt h ...[text shortened]... bucket.
    So in essence you have said nothing, but have shown your contempt for God and religion.[/b]
    Oh indeed I missed this post so point taken.

My experience of your contribution was precisely that you did sneer at intellectual effort, as you do again at the end of this post of yours.

My assertion on your belief that God will make all turn out for the best was based on your post to that effect.

Abortion does not kill children.

On immigration, I would refer you to Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

Genesis 12:10 – “Now there was a famine in the land. So Abram went down to Egypt to reside there as an alien, for the famine was severe in the land.”

Exodus 22:21 – Moses gives God’s law: “You shall not wrong or oppress a resident alien; for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.”

Numbers 9:14 and 15:15-16 – “…you shall have one statute for both the resident alien and the native.”

Deuteronomy 10:18-19 – “For the Lord your God...loves the strangers, providing them food and clothing. You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.”

Deuteronomy 24:14 – “You shall not withhold the wages of poor and needy laborers, whether other Israelites or aliens who reside in your land...”

Jeremiah 7:5-7 – “If you do not oppress the alien…then I will dwell with you in this place…”

Jeremiah 22:3-5 – Do no wrong or violence to the alien.

Ezekiel 47:21-22 – The aliens shall be to you as citizens, and shall also be allotted an inheritance.

Zechariah 7:8-10 – Do no oppress the alien.

Oh - got a bit carried away. There's lots more of course. You probably know this.
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 21:10
    Oh indeed I missed this post so point taken.

My experience of your contribution was precisely that you did sneer at intellectual effort, as you do again at the end of this post of yours.

My assertion on your belief that God will make all turn out for the best was based on your post to that effect.

Abortion does not kill children.

On immigra ...[text shortened]... the alien.

Oh - got a bit carried away. There's lots more of course. You probably know this.
    Yes I do know this , but did these aliens hate the Jews? Were they terrorists ?
    I am not against legal immigration , I am against irresponsible illegal immigration.
    I agree with Trump, they have to be properly vetted.
    How would this play out in Israel if they had no borders? If illegal immigrants from anywhere came in? How long do you think the country would remain a country?
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 20:082 edits
    Yes I do know this , but did these aliens hate the Jews? Were they terrorists ?
    I am not against legal immigration , I am against irresponsible illegal immigration.
    I agree with Trump, they have to be properly vetted.
    How would this play out in Israel if they had no borders? If illegal immigrants from anywhere came in? How long do you think the country would remain a country?
    Well it had no borders until these were introduced after the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in WW1. Migrants roamed across the entire region. There were Jewish communities in various parts of the Islamic world, where they had never experienced the oppression imposed on them by Christians, though indeed there were occasional periods of intolerance, but not the sustained, unending viciousness of Christian antisemitism.
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 20:48
    Well it had no borders until these were introduced after the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in WW1. Migrants roamed across the entire region. There were Jewish communities in various parts of the Islamic world, where they had never experienced the oppression imposed on them by Christians, though indeed there were occasional periods of intolerance, but not the sustained, unending viciousness of Christian antisemitism.
    I can't respond without mentioning God, so I won't. Besides you would deny it anyway.
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 22:30
    I can't respond without mentioning God, so I won't. Besides you would deny it anyway.
    It would be unseemly to blame God for the behaviour of Christians. It would be unhistorical to dispute the behaviour of Christians. Whatever virtues we may attribute to God, it is not valid nor convincing to assume they are shared by Christians. For that reason it is not very convincing to build a political argument around claims to having God on your side, or claims that you know what God thinks, even if supported by selective biblical quotes, a game any atheist can play. It is necessary to justify - or at least debate - human behaviour in rational terms.