Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 25 May '17 08:29
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVNWZBXV8WM

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/donald-trump-vatican-meeting-pope-francis
    "Pope Francis once said that Christians must have “cheerful faces and eyes full of joy”. But there was little evidence of those emotions as Donald Trump descended on the Vatican on Wednesday for his first face-to-face meeting with the Argentinian pontiff."

    "[...]the pope asked [Melania] if she fed him a popular kind of Slovenian cake [potizza, high calory pastry] – the meeting was noteworthy for its sombre tone at the start."


    "The pope also offered Trump some of his latest writings, known as encyclicals, including his work on the need to protect the environment. “Well, I will be reading them,” Trump said."


    Pope Frank is the best pope.
  2. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    25 May '17 11:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVNWZBXV8WM

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/donald-trump-vatican-meeting-pope-francis
    "Pope Francis once said that Christians must have “cheerful faces and eyes full of joy”. But there was little evidence of those emotions as Donald Trump descended on the Vatican on Wednesday for his first face-to-face mee ...[text shortened]... the environment. “Well, I will be reading them,” Trump said."


    Pope Frank is the best pope.
    It would be nice to think this beloved Pope nurtured a more humane attitude in President Trump, but I wouldn't bet a penny on it.
  3. 25 May '17 12:00 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVNWZBXV8WM

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/donald-trump-vatican-meeting-pope-francis
    "Pope Francis once said that Christians must have “cheerful faces and eyes full of joy”. But there was little evidence of those emotions as Donald Trump descended on the Vatican on Wednesday for his first face-to-face mee ...[text shortened]... the environment. “Well, I will be reading them,” Trump said."


    Pope Frank is the best pope.
    Any pats on the back to Donald for opposing abortion on demand, since the official church position is that it is murder? Nope. Any words to Obama to warn him of supporting abortion on demand? Nope.

    That's right Donald, smile more and be nice to the environment.

    What a buffoon.
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    25 May '17 13:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    Any pats on the back to Donald for opposing abortion on demand, since the official church position is that it is murder? Nope. Any words to Obama to warn him of supporting abortion on demand? Nope.

    That's right Donald, smile more and be nice to the environment.

    What a buffoon.
    If and when T is impeached what do you think of Pence as president?
  5. 26 May '17 10:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If and when T is impeached what do you think of Pence as president?
    Then they will try to impeach him as well.

    Duh!

    Then they elect a Dim and they will seek to impeach them.

    It's a ritual.
  6. 26 May '17 13:15
    I just find it remarkable that the Pope says nothing about abortion even though the church position is that it is genocide.

    Then again, they did very little, if anything, to speak out against the Holocaust as well, so I reckon not much has changed.

    Instead, we should be tree huggers like the Nazi regime was. Yea, that's the ticket.
  7. 26 May '17 13:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    Any pats on the back to Donald for opposing abortion on demand, since the official church position is that it is murder? Nope. Any words to Obama to warn him of supporting abortion on demand? Nope.

    That's right Donald, smile more and be nice to the environment.

    What a buffoon.
    The papal silence on abortion in meeting with Trump may tell us what Francis thinks of Trump's sincerity on the issue. And it may also tell us of Francis' priorities.
  8. 26 May '17 16:05 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    The papal silence on abortion in meeting with Trump may tell us what Francis thinks of Trump's sincerity on the issue. And it may also tell us of Francis' priorities.
    Right, his priority is global warming, not infanticide.

    That speaks volumes either way.

    There no way to justify the silence.

    As a famous Catholic priest once said while in jail for speaking out against the Nazi regime when asked why he was in jail, he said, "No, why are you not in here with me?"
  9. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    26 May '17 16:29 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Right, his priority is global warming, not infanticide.

    That speaks volumes either way.

    There no way to justify the silence.

    As a famous Catholic priest once said while in jail for speaking out against the Nazi regime when asked why he was in jail, he said, "No, why are you not in here with me?"
    Infanticide is the murder of born and living babies. Not removing an unborn non-living fetus or an egg with a sperm-cell in it in an abortion. If you know of anyone murdering babies you need to call the police as murder is against the law, not abortion. Truth never did set well with you supposed far-right Christians. And, don't try and tell us you are not a far-right Republican. Your posts clearly show otherwise.
  10. 30 May '17 15:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Infanticide is the murder of born and living babies. Not removing an unborn non-living fetus or an egg with a sperm-cell in it in an abortion. If you know of anyone murdering babies you need to call the police as murder is against the law, not abortion. Truth never did set well with you supposed far-right Christians. And, don't try and tell us you are not a far-right Republican. Your posts clearly show otherwise.
    This is about the official stance on abortion, not yours

    According to the Catholic church, it is murder yet they refuse to give the Holocaust any air time. This is not about your personal beliefs about when human life begins.

    As I said, considering the Catholic response during the Holocaust this should be of no surprise.

    If you want a brand of Christianity that does not view abortion as murder, open your own church.
  11. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    30 May '17 19:59 / 8 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    This is about the official stance on abortion, not yours

    According to the Catholic church, it is murder yet they refuse to give the Holocaust any air time. This is not about your personal beliefs about when human life begins.

    As I said, considering the Catholic response during the Holocaust this should be of no surprise.

    If you want a brand of Christianity that does not view abortion as murder, open your own church.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infanticide
    noun in·fan·ti·cide \in-ˈfan-tə-ˌsīd\
    Legal Definition of infanticide
    : the killing of a newly or recently BORN child

    If you want a brand of Christianity that does not view abortion as murder, open your own church. I'm glad to tell you that there are several Christian churches that do NOT view abortion as murder. The only Holocaust that is happening is in your own self-righteous, judgmental, want to be God, little mind; and, those with little air head minds like yours.

    This is about the official stance on abortion, not yours ummm.... The OFFICIAL stance would be the LAW or God's Holy Word the Bible . Which both state that abortion is NOT murder. Furthermore, it is legal in most the world by LAW. The only countries where it is illegal are mostly Muslim. Are you a Muslim?
  12. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    31 May '17 18:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Then they will try to impeach him as well.

    Duh!

    Then they elect a Dim and they will seek to impeach them.

    It's a ritual.
    Well then, Paul Ryan is now pres. If he goes it is Orrin Hatch. Hatch might be the best of THAT lot.