Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    25 May '18 11:51
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I would advise you to please read the RHP message board guideline below.

Important : Posts on this board may be subject to moderation. Please refrain from spamming, flaming or using excessively offensive language on this board.
    STFU:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Tenant_Farmers_Union
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    25 May '18 12:14
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    The media mad a massive mistake by playing into the game of KJU and the naiveté of Pres. Moon. They pretended thst there was actually a process for peace unfurling befor our eyes.

Of course there was none.

I agree that a comprehensive peace process was not on the cards.

There were reports that a portion of the N. Korean underground research facility had collapsed. If that is so, it may be that the facility was so badly damaged that it was not feasible to salvage the nuclear weapons program anyway. Then it might have seemed reasonable to the N. Korean govt to appear to unilaterally destroy the facility, as a confidence trick to try to gain some concessions from S. Korea or the U.S.

N. Korea is a pariah state and it is very hard to take any of its official pronouncements at face value. If the N. Korean govt genuinely wanted to come in out of the cold, they should have invited international inspectors to visit the site before it was destroyed to allow people to ascertain a) how far the N. Korean weapons program had progressed towards fitting a warhead to a missile, and b) who provided them with the wherewithal (Russia? Pakistan? China?).
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 May '18 12:28
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Pres. Trump never acted as if this was a plan that would invariably come to fruition.
    So that commemorative coin is just fake news?
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 May '18 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus to Philokalia
    I agree that a comprehensive peace process was not on the cards.

There were reports that a portion of the N. Korean underground research facility had collapsed. If that is so, it may be that the facility was so badly damaged that it was not feasible to salvage the nuclear weapons program anyway. Then it might have seemed reasonable to the N ...[text shortened]... warhead to a missile, and b) who provided them with the wherewithal (Russia? Pakistan? China?).
    "I agree that a comprehensive peace process was not on the cards."
    --Moonbus

President Trump apparently hoped that the summit would be to ratify the DPRK's abject surrender.
    The US position was to demand the DPRK's complete nuclear disarmament in return for
    perhaps an offer of unleashing American corporations to exploit North Korean workers
    as ruthlessly as they have exploited other workers in Asia.

The North Koreans are a proud people who have suffered greatly. They are not about to abandon
    what may serve to guarantee their independence for a few crumbs from the capitalist table.

"....who provided them with the wherewithal (Russia? Pakistan? China?)"
    --Moonbus

Why does Moonbus apparently believe that it would be impossible for North Korean scientists
    and engineers ever to learn on their own how to develop nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles,
    or to make them work together? Does he believe all North Koreans must be too stupid?
    (North Korean students have performed well at the International Mathematical Olympiads.)

As for his suspects:
    1) Pakistan. The DPRK's more advanced in missile technology and reportedly transferred it to Pakistan.

2) China has no incentive to help the DPRK develop ballistic missiles with nuclear warheads,
    which could be aimed at China too. There's been considerable friction between China
    and the DPRK, and China must consider the possibility that, in the event of a major
    conflict, the DPRK could use its nuclear arsenal as a bargaining chip against China.

3) Russia. While Russia today has no interest in helping the DPRK develop ballistic missiles
    with nuclear warheads, there are claims that in the 1990s, after the collapse of the USSR,
    Russia (desperately needing money) sold some advanced missile designs to the DPRK,
    which its engineers have been gradually able to put into practice.

As a longtime observer of military technology in Asia, I suspect that the DPRK's
    development of arms is largely indigenous, though foreign contributions may have been
    important at various times.
  5. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 May '18 03:04
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "I agree that a comprehensive peace process was not on the cards."
    --Moonbus

President Trump apparently hoped that the summit would be to ratify the DPRK's abject surrender.
    The US position was to demand the DPRK's complete nuclear disarmament in return for
    perhaps an offer of unleashing American corporations to exploit North Korean workers
    as rut ...[text shortened]... s is largely indigenous, though foreign contributions may have been
    important at various times.
    As a "longtime observer" I'm sure you'd agree that the DPRK engineering geniuses might be capable of making better equipment in order to feed their starving population.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 May '18 03:30
    It's kinda interesting reading the same posters who were saying a few weeks ago that King Donald deserved the Nobel Peace Prize because he had gotten Kim to "denuclearize" now saying how Trump never thought this whole summit thingy was going to come off.

I'm reminded of 1984 but unfortunately for them there's no Winston Smith to edit their posts to ensure that "we were always at war with Eurasia" so to speak.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 04:12
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    As a "longtime observer" I'm sure you'd agree that the DPRK engineering geniuses might be capable of making better equipment in order to feed their starving population.
    North Koreans don't have be endowed with any more genius than
    several diverse peoples who developed ballistic missiles with nuclear
    warheads earlier.

During the 1930s, the USSR made major advances in industrialization,
    science, and technology while millions of people (particularly in Ukraine)
    were dying of starvation. Would racist Westerners also eagerly sneer
    at the alleged incompetence of Soviet scientists and engineers?
  8. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 May '18 04:52
    North Koreans don't have be endowed with any more genius than
    several diverse peoples who developed ballistic missiles with nuclear
    warheads earlier.

During the 1930s, the USSR made major advances in industrialization,
    science, and technology while millions of people (particularly in Ukraine)
    were dying of starvation. Would racist Westerners also eagerly sneer
    at the alleged incompetence of Soviet scientists and engineers?
    Your self-contradicting post fails to acknowledge the ham-handed Soviet "Five Year Plans" which killed 7 million kulaks in 1933 alone. I suppose the genius secret behind Stalin's rapid industrialization was the elimination of mouths to feed.
    Further, his purging of the Soviet military's best leaders paid off in another 20 million dead peasant soldiers. Please continue to perpetuate the myth of Soviet agricultural hegemony during the 1930's. It's an easy target.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 05:081 edit
    Your self-contradicting post fails to acknowledge the ham-handed Soviet "Five Year Plans" which killed 7 million kulaks in 1933 alone. I suppose the genius secret behind Stalin's rapid industrialization was the elimination of mouths to feed.
    Further, his purging of the Soviet military's best leaders paid off in another 20 million dead peasant soldiers. Pl ...[text shortened]... e to perpetuate the myth of Soviet agricultural hegemony during the 1930's. It's an easy target.
    The lying troll Wolfe63 likes to put words into my mouth in addition tol
    parading his historical ignorance and addiction to right-wing propaganda.

I am far from being an apologist for Stalin. Indeed, if I had been an
    intellectual in the 1930s USSR, I likely would have been purged.

Wolfe63 exaggerates Stalin's crimes. Wolfe63 shows his ignorance
    of research by historians (such as Roger Reese) showing that Stalin's
    purges of Soviet officers have been exaggerated in their effects in
    order to help excuse Soviet blunders and defeats in the Great Patriotic War.

I expect the troll Wolfe63 to keep reciting right-wing American propaganda.
  10. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 May '18 07:41
    The lying troll Wolfe63 likes to put words into my mouth in addition tol
    parading his historical ignorance and addiction to right-wing propaganda.

I am far from being an apologist for Stalin. Indeed, if I had been an
    intellectual in the 1930s USSR, I likely would have been purged.

Wolfe63 exaggerates Stalin's crimes. Wolfe63 shows his ignorance ...[text shortened]... at Patriotic War.

I expect the troll Wolfe63 to keep reciting right-wing American propaganda.
    The lying troll Wolfe63

It seems 95% of the people here are "lying trolls" according to Duchess. It seems I'm in distinguished company. 😀
  11. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 May '18 10:42
    Originally posted by @mchill
    The lying troll Wolfe63

It seems 95% of the people here are "lying trolls" according to Duchess. It seems I'm in distinguished company. 😀
    I think she's implying that we sleep under bridges.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 11:47
    I don't think their population is starving. I'm not saying nobody there is going hungry, just that they are not starving to the point of eating grass like has been alleged. That is just propaganda to demonize them.
    I could think of a lot of better things to eat than grass. Cattail roots, frogs, leaks and berries in the country. I don't live in the city, but I'm still sure I could find better things to eat than grass.
  13. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 May '18 11:521 edit
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    I don't think their population is starving. I'm not saying nobody there is going hungry, just that they are not starving to the point of eating grass like has been alleged. That is just propaganda to demonize them.
    I could think of a lot of better things to eat than grass. Cattail roots, frogs, leaks and berries in the country. I don't live in the city, but I'm still sure I could find better things to eat than grass.
    It snows in North Korea my friend. Winters are harsh.
    And smuggled video evidence puts the truth to what you deny.
    Please watch them... and then be thankful.

Here's one:

YouTube
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 12:08
    It snows in North Korea my friend. Winters are harsh.
    And smuggled video evidence puts the truth to what you deny.
    Please watch them... and then be thankful.

Here's one:

[youtube]Xh4CtTGAzKw[/youtube]
    Grass does not grow in winter my friend. Ask yourself what you would eat if you were starving. I could write a list of things and grass would not be on it.
    That young woman that says she sells grass. Look at the garden in the background in that video you posted. When you do you will realize you were fooled by embarrassing propaganda..... and then be thankful.
  15. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:20
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Grass does not grow in winter my friend. Ask yourself what you would eat if you were starving. I could write a list of things and grass would not be on it.
    That young woman that says she sells grass. Look at the garden in the background in that video you posted. When you do you will realize you were fooled by embarrassing propaganda..... and then be thankful.
    So...that single, randomly selected video tells you the whole story does it?

Your powers of perception are far greater than mine then buddy.