Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    16 Feb '17 00:32
    Trump only ever had one job and that was simply to prevent Hillary from getting into the White House. Now that his mission is accomplished, it seems as if Trump's current mission is actively laying the groundwork for his own impeachment, while at the same time Mike Pence is being written into this narrative as being above the fray and being kept outside of the loop, such then when Trump is finally/inevitably kicked to the curb, he can be inaugurated as Mr Squeaky Clean.

Is anyone seeing this?
  2. 16 Feb '17 01:07
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Trump only ever had one job and that was simply to prevent Hillary from getting into the White House. Now that his mission is accomplished, it seems as if Trump's current mission is actively laying the groundwork for his own impeachment, while at the same time Mike Pence is being written into this narrative as being above the fray and being kept outside of th ...[text shortened]... tably kicked to the curb, he can be inaugurated as Mr Squeaky Clean.

Is anyone seeing this?
    When does Kmax87 expect most Republican politicians to support impeaching President Trump?
  3. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    16 Feb '17 01:12
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    When does Kmax87 expect most Republican politicians to support impeaching President Trump?
    As the wheels of his administration continue to fall off I would say between 6 months to a year.

I do believe that at some point after his 100 day tenure has completed, when enough damaging information is leaked, even his most ardent supporters will work out the extent of his connivance and pure self interest in all of his populism and he will be exposed for the fraud he is. At that stage apart from a hard core of 'true believers' the game will be up, and the GOP will gladly bid him farewell.
  4. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    16 Feb '17 01:16
    .....his most ardent supporters will work out the extent of his connivance and pure self interest in all of his populism and he will be exposed for the fraud he is.....
    Trump by his own admission has clarified that he has taken up issues, simply because they have played well with his audiences.

At some point people will work out the extent to which they have been 'played' and then hell will have no fury like that of a true believer spurned.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    16 Feb '17 01:48
    As the wheels of his administration continue to fall off I would say between 6 months to a year.

I do believe that at some point after his 100 day tenure has completed, when enough damaging information is leaked, even his most ardent supporters will work out the extent of his connivance and pure self interest in all of his populism and he will be exposed f ...[text shortened]... m a hard core of 'true believers' the game will be up, and the GOP will gladly bid him farewell.
    There is nothing Trump can do to turn republicans against him. That would require them to admit they were wrong in electing him by wide margins in the primaries, and supporting him until now.

No matter how many unethical or blatantly false statements he makes that will never happen. No matter how embarrassing to their party or even country, it will never happen. No matter how many U.S. allies he allienates, no matter how he uses his position to help his or his family's business, or how many obviously unqualified people he appoints to cabinet positions...etc., etc...etc...it will never happen.
  6. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    16 Feb '17 02:03
    Trump only ever had one job and that was simply to prevent Hillary from getting into the White House. Now that his mission is accomplished, it seems as if Trump's current mission is actively laying the groundwork for his own impeachment, while at the same time Mike Pence is being written into this narrative as being above the fray and being kept outside of th ...[text shortened]... tably kicked to the curb, he can be inaugurated as Mr Squeaky Clean.

Is anyone seeing this?
    This was the Tea Party plan all along. We planned this scenario on a napkin over drinks at a DC fundraiser back in the day. We called it the Pence to POTUS pole vault. It's all gone according to plan.
  7. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    16 Feb '17 02:07 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    ....... No matter how embarrassing to their party or even country, it will never happen. No matter how many U.S. allies he alienates, no matter how he uses his position to help his or his family's business, or how many obviously unqualified people he appoints to cabinet positions...etc., etc...etc...it will never happen.
    If the GOP can ever find evidence of Trump wrongdoing that they can claim plausible deniability in being 'wrong' about him,that the person they thought they were voting for was was a sham, then no blame no shame...moving right along and good morning President Pence.

Politicians may have an incredibly low approval rating but I believe that even the most cynical and partisan among them still have a modicum of respect for the office of President and the institution called Congress. Hard to believe I know, but what he is doing is so beyond the pale, I do believe that if DJT can be found utterly compromised in a manner that does not blow back on them, they will perform executive surgery. That's my two cents.
  8. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    16 Feb '17 02:19
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    This was the Tea Party plan all along. We planned this scenario on a napkin over drinks at a DC fundraiser back in the day. We called it the Pence to POTUS pole vault. It's all gone according to plan.
    I suppose history will judge whether its a bright plan Bart. (can I call you Bart?)
  9. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    16 Feb '17 02:29
    I suppose history will judge whether its a bright plan Bart. (can I call you Bart?)
    Seemed like a good idea at the time...
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    16 Feb '17 03:26
    If the GOP can ever find evidence of Trump wrongdoing that they can claim plausible deniability in being 'wrong' about him,that the person they thought they were voting for was was a sham, then no blame no shame...moving right along and good morning President Pence.

Politicians may have an incredibly low approval rating but I believe that even the most cyn ...[text shortened]... anner that does not blow back on them, they will perform executive surgery. That's my two cents.
    I doubt it. Most Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee voted against Nixon's impeachment despite the overwhelming evidence against him.http://watergate.info/impeachment/analysis-judiciary-committee-impeachment-votes

And it's pretty clear that partisanship has greatly increased since then. I can't imagine anything Trump could do to get most Republicans to support impeachment as long as he keeps adhering to the basic Party program, which he shows every indication of doing. Impeaching Trump would rip the GOP apart.
  11. Standard member vivify
    rain
    16 Feb '17 03:50 / 3 edits
    If the GOP can ever find evidence of Trump wrongdoing that they can claim plausible deniability
    Politicians may have an incredibly low approval rating but I believe that even the most cynical and partisan among them still have a modicum of respect for the office of President and the institution called Congress. in being 'wrong' about him,that the person the ...[text shortened]... anner that does not blow back on them, they will perform executive surgery. That's my two cents.
    "Politicians may have an incredibly low approval rating but I believe that even the most cynical and partisan among them still have a modicum of respect for the office of President and the institution called Congress."

Would anyone with "respect" for the office of the President elect a man like Trump? A man who said he'd commit war crimes like kill families of suspected terrorists? If Republicans had even an ounce of respect for the presidency, they wouldn't even glance at Trump.

What you describe is more honor and character than what a party who voted to eliminate the Office of Congressional Ethics (just last month) has.
  12. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    16 Feb '17 04:13
    Originally posted by vivify
    ...Would anyone with "respect" for the office of the President elect a man like Trump? A man who said he'd commit war crimes like kill families of suspected terrorists? If Republicans had even an ounce of respect for the presidency, they wouldn't even glance at Trump.What you describe is more honor and character than what a party who voted to eliminate the Office of Congressional Ethics (just last month) has.
    The primary process identified Trump as front runner and it would have caused too much damage had they attempted to disqualify him early. So they let things ride.
    The hatred for Hillary was greater, so they held their nose, but I would bet many would have foreseen the train-wreck of an administration that is unfolding as we speak and would have thought it best not to upset the Tea Party base by making any moves against him, and rather give him enough rope, he would eventually prove himself unworthy without any of their finger prints over his fall.
  13. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    16 Feb '17 04:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I doubt it. Most Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee voted against Nixon's impeachment despite the overwhelming evidence against him.http://watergate.info/impeachment/analysis-judiciary-committee-impeachment-votes

And it's pretty clear that partisanship has greatly increased since then. I can't imagine anything Trump could do to get most Repu ...[text shortened]... rty program, which he shows every indication of doing. Impeaching Trump would rip the GOP apart.
    But at least Nixon had gravitas. At least Nixon displayed a level of competence (up until Watergate) behind the desk, where he was not considered a joke by his allies and enemies.

We are not even a month into Trump's administration, and large fissures are appearing in terms of his suitability to hold the highest public office in the land.

The point is how was the GOP ever to have thrown him under a bus, without causing a civil war within the party? While they may be thankful that he stopped Hillary, they will surely be eager to roll him before his unpredictability gets them thrown under a bus.
  14. 16 Feb '17 11:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Damn your eyes! You swore secrecy!

Great, just great. Now I have to start another secret society.
  15. 16 Feb '17 11:53 / 1 edit
    Gravitas, what a great libtard description for their leaders. There are those with gravitas and there are those who serve the ones with gravitas.