Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 21 Apr '16 22:56
    http://www.outsports.com/2016/4/19/11461618/curt-schilling-espn-transgender

The tweet was true, but in this perverted society it gets you fired. It is a sick and disgusting commentary on today's world.
  2. 21 Apr '16 23:05
    Great photo of a scary tranny.
    Few years ago at the last high school I taught at we had one that was like that, he was a 6'2" big boned pre-op that had a big square moose-jaw, perpetual 10 o'clock shadow, and wore a fright wig that didn't cover his regular hair. He was a sight, he kept going into the girls bathrooms even though he was told not to. He'd go in and the girls would go running out. It was awful. School admin didn't know how to handle it so they just turned a blind eye.
  3. 22 Apr '16 00:31
    Originally posted by Eladar

The tweet was true, but in this perverted society it gets you fired. It is a sick and disgusting commentary on today's world.
    Doesn't Eladar support a private employer's right to terminate an employee for about any reason?

Curt Schilling evidently has done his utmost to retaliate in real life against people who
    made offensive comments (on Twitter) about his daughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curt_Schilling

"(Curt) Schilling posted to his blog screen captures of some offending tweets, along with
    the real identities of the Twitter handles, *whose jobs, schools, and relatives he had already
    claimed to have contacted*. At least two of the Twitter users were known to have punished,
    with one losing his part-time job as a ticket seller for the Yankees, and still another being
    suspended from Brookdale Community College. Schilling claimed at least seven others
    were also punished by their jobs or athletic teams."
    --Wikipedia

Curt Schilling approves of some people being punished by losing their jobs because he was
    offended by their comments about his daughter. So he should not complain when he loses
    his job because his employer believes that too many people are offended by his comments.
  4. 22 Apr '16 02:39
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Few years ago at the last high school I taught at we had one that was like that, he was a 6'2" big boned pre-op that had a big square moose-jaw, perpetual 10 o'clock shadow, and wore a fright wig that didn't cover his regular hair. He was a sight, he kept going into the girls bathrooms even though he was told not to. He' ...[text shortened]... ng out. It was awful. School admin didn't know how to handle it so they just turned a blind eye.
    According to a survey (taken April 12-18, 2016) of 2039 Americans, women are more
    accepting than men of a transgender person using a public bathroom of one's choice.
    44 percent of women approved of allowing a person during a male-to-female gender
    transition to use a women's bathroom, while 39 percent of women opposed it.

So, according to this survey, young women are more accepting than old men (like many
    of the writers in this forum) of transgender women using public bathrooms for women.
  5. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    22 Apr '16 02:44

With all the money that he has who cares if you get fired!
  6. 22 Apr '16 03:05
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell
  7. 22 Apr '16 03:07
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. . . . Power is not a means; it is an end . . . not power over things, but over men. . . . In our world there will be no emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement. . . . There will be no loyalty, except loyalty toward the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. . . . Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.
  8. 22 Apr '16 08:08

did you actually read the article? how is that picture any different than those racist cartoons they made of chinese people?

not to mention that ashole has a long history of bigotry.

so no, it wasn't truth that got him fired, it was him being scum
  9. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    22 Apr '16 08:08
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Few years ago at the last high school I taught at we had one that was like that, he was a 6'2" big boned pre-op that had a big square moose-jaw, perpetual 10 o'clock shadow, and wore a fright wig that didn't cover his regular hair. He was a sight, he kept going into the girls bathrooms even though he was told not to. He' ...[text shortened]... ng out. It was awful. School admin didn't know how to handle it so they just turned a blind eye.
    To think you were a teacher fills me with disgust.
    You an insult to our species let alone the teaching profession.
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    22 Apr '16 08:21
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    With all the money that he has who cares if you get fired!
    You're back!
    Is your stint in the loony bin over?
  11. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    22 Apr '16 08:30
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Doesn't Eladar support a private employer's right to terminate an employee for about any reason?
    Classic!
    That's gotta sting!
  12. 22 Apr '16 09:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell
    You citing Orwell is markedly Orwellian.
  13. 22 Apr '16 09:51
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You citing Orwell is markedly Orwellian.
    Thanks, I find it to be very therapeutic for some reason.

“Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Being in a minority, even in a minority of one, did not make you mad. There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The choice for mankind lies between freedom and happiness and for the great bulk of mankind, happiness is better.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
    “For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“You are a slow learner, Winston."
    "How can I help it? How can I help but see what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
    "Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Confession is not betrayal. What you say or do doesn't matter; only feelings matter. If they could make me stop loving you-that would be the real betrayal.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Nothing was your own except the few cubic centimetres inside your skull. ”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“Sanity is not statistical.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
  14. 22 Apr '16 19:15
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Classic!
    That's gotta sting!
    When did I say ESPN didn't have the right to fire him?

I just said it was a result of a perverted society. Read my original post again and see if I said that ESPN didn't have the right to fire this guy. They should have the right to hire or fire any person for any reason.
  15. 22 Apr '16 19:16
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    According to a survey (taken April 12-18, 2016) of 2039 Americans, women are more
    accepting than men of a transgender person using a public bathroom of one's choice.
    44 percent of women approved of allowing a person during a male-to-female gender
    transition to use a women's bathroom, while 39 percent of women opposed it.

So, according to this survey ...[text shortened]... (like many
    of the writers in this forum) of transgender women using public bathrooms for women.
    So you are saying that most women are ok with having transgender men in female bathrooms when young girls are likely to also be in those bathrooms.