Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 10:54
    YouTube

What a fabulous video.

Some highlights:

(1) The media no longer exists to report the news. It exists basically to shame people and reinforce the biases that they want to reinforce.

(2) The way that the media attempted to shame anyone doubting the story into silence right before the hoax came fully out into the open really hammers home this idea...

And doesn't that mean that there is privilege that comes with being gay & black?

Are there people still who are racist against blacks? Sure. Are there people here who still disapprove of homosexuality? Of course. Yet, the number of people who actively seek to destroy anyone for allegedly being racist or homophobic is far greater, and these people do so out in the open with the help of the media.

There is a total imbalance of power.

(3) ... And let's not forget that Al Sharpton launched his entire career on a hate hoax.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 12:15
    @philokalia said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue5i_9b7Bm4

What a fabulous video.

Some highlights:

(1) The media no longer exists to report the news. It exists basically to shame people and reinforce the biases that they want to reinforce.

(2) The way that the media attempted to shame anyone doubting the story into silence right before the hoax came fully out into the open ...[text shortened]... power.

(3) ... And let's not forget that Al Sharpton launched his entire career on a hate hoax.
    What a crock.

The idea that presently in the US there are only a tiny number of people who are racists but there is a vast conspiracy to wrongly accuse innocent white folks of racism is so laughable given the facts that I seriously doubt TC even believes it.

But it's a good story for snake oil salesmen like himself to sell to stoke white resentment, isn't it?
  3. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 13:54
    @no1marauder said
    What a crock.

The idea that presently in the US there are only a tiny number of people who are racists but there is a vast conspiracy to wrongly accuse innocent white folks of racism is so laughable given the facts that I seriously doubt TC even believes it.

But it's a good story for snake oil salesmen like himself to sell to stoke white resentment, isn't it?
    What do you make of the number of people who desperately wanted for this to be true? Surely, there's something to that, right? It's like the society as a whole desperately wants these narratives to be true.

The media is starved for racist super villains -- so much so that they believed this and tried to turn Catholic boys into klansmen without a shred of evidence just a month or so prior to this.

The way I see it is... the Left desperately wants for the evil, white racist establishment narrative to be true, and they also want to believe that there are these encouraged goons roaming the streets ready to commit hate crimes, because this is the evil Trumpian regime that they wish existed.

And when it doesn't exist... they try to report it into reality, even when there is nothing to report.

Just as Carlson said.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 13:55
    @no1marauder said
    What a crock.

Black gay man hires two black men to frame white Trump supporters, gets caught, hires white lawyer to try to save his ass. Liberals are a hypocritical bunch...LOL
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 13:56
    @philokalia said
    What do you make of the number of people who desperately wanted for this to be true? Surely, there's something to that, right? It's like the society as a whole desperately wants these narratives to be true.

The media is starved for racist super villains -- so much so that they believed this and tried to turn Catholic boys into klansmen without a shred of evidence ...[text shortened]... they try to report it into reality, even when there is nothing to report.

Just as Carlson said.
    Of all the killings in Chicago, this hoax is what makes the headlines...MSM exposed.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:11
    @philokalia said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue5i_9b7Bm4

What a fabulous video.

Some highlights:

(2) The way that the media attempted to shame anyone doubting the story into silence right before the hoax came fully out into the open ...[text shortened]... power.

Well to continue to cast the other side as Nazis, they kinda have to create such violence in the media to help prove their point.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:43
    @whodey said
    Well to continue to cast the other side as Nazis, they kinda have to create such violence in the media to help prove their point.
    Here's some violence the media obviously created:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/white-supremacist-shooting-in-louisville-kentucky-kroger.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/27/us/robert-bowers-pittsburgh-synagogue-shooter.html?action=click&module=inline&pgtype=Article

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/dylann-roof-sentenced-to-death-charleston-church-shooting

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/16/florida-shooting-fbi-nikolas-cruz

This puts it all together:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-supremacists-committed-most-extremist-killings-2017-adl-says-n838896

Some more inconvenient facts:

Hispanic and Black populations have a higher risk of becoming victims of race- or ethnicity- motivated violent hate crimes compared to non-Hispanic Whites (Whites), according to a new study from the University of Washington (UW) that looked at the risk and health impacts of these types of crimes.

Model estimates of victimization for Blacks ranged from 30 to 40 percent higher, and 10 to 60 percent higher for Hispanics. These crimes against Blacks tended to be more violent, usually involving a weapon or firearm, and resulted in higher rates of injuries and medical care compared to other races and ethnic groups.

Furthermore, the downstream effects of these crimes, such as emotional injury and psychological trauma, have a bigger impact on Black victims’ personal life, work or school over time. The study found that nearly 40 percent of Blacks reported difficulties at school or work after the hate crime juxtaposed to 21.5 percent of White and 11.7 percent of Hispanic victims.

“The society we live in has a bias that disenfranchises minorities and people of color,” said Robert Tessler M.D., M.P.H., who led this study as a Master’s student in the UW Department of Epidemiology and a fellow at HIPRC. “This study provides some objective data supporting that claim."

https://depts.washington.edu/hiprc/blacks-minorities-disproportionately-impacted-by-hate-crimes/
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:48
    An individual of African-American ethnicity has a much higher chance of being a victim of a hate crime than other groups in the US:

In 2017, African Americans comprised 13 percent of the nation’s population and 28 percent of all hate crime victims, according to a report released by the FBI last week.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/every-tally-hate-crimes-blacks-are-most-frequent-victims-n938541
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:511 edit
    @philokalia said

The media is starved for racist super villains -- so much so that they believed this and tried to turn Catholic boys into klansmen without a shred of evidence ...[text shortened]... they try to report it into reality, even when there is nothing to report.

Just as Carlson said.
    Actually:

Hate crime incidents rose by 17 percent in 2017 compared to 2016. From 2015 to 2016, the FBI reported a 5 percent increase.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/hate-crimes-climb-third-straight-year-democrats-prepare-hearings

The overall narrative is true regardless of what actually happened in the Smollett case (which is still unclear; no one has been actually charged though staging such an incident would be a crime).
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:52
    @no1marauder said
    An individual of African-American ethnicity has a much higher chance of being a victim of a hate crime than other groups in the US:

In 2017, African Americans comprised 13 percent of the nation’s population and 28 percent of all hate crime victims, according to a report released by the FBI last week.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/every-tally-hate-crimes-blacks-are-most-frequent-victims-n938541
    With black on black violence that far outpaces white on black violence, it would appear that blacks simply live in a more violent culture.

Do you think that such crimes against blacks have anything to do with that?
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:54
    @whodey said
    With black on black violence that far outpaces white on black violence, it would appear that blacks simply live in a more violent culture.

You're explaining hate crimes by saying its victims live in a "violent culture"?

Unique to say the least.
  12. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 15:18
    @whodey said

Hear, hear, Whodey. I've followed this thread, non-commenting, what can we say?!!?!? I have been somewhat reticent to bring up the word 'culture'. I'm glad you did. It is always race, race, race....in a society, about 80% white race, which elected a black man twice! So, it is NOT about race, it is about culture differences.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 17:47
    @no1marauder said
    You're explaining hate crimes by saying its victims live in a "violent culture"?

Unique to say the least.
    you explain hate crimes by using liberal .edu studies.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 17:48
    @averagejoe1 said
    Hear, hear, Whodey. I've followed this thread, non-commenting, what can we say?!!?!? I have been somewhat reticent to bring up the word 'culture'. I'm glad you did. It is always race, race, race....in a society, about 80% white race, which elected a black man twice! So, it is NOT about race, it is about culture differences.
    that is what

I have said all along...only gets you labeled a racist on here though.
  15. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 20:08
    @mott-the-hoople said
    that is what

I have said all along...only gets you labeled a racist on here though.
    Combining of cultures. Mmmmm Mmm. Racism will pale by comparison. Replete with difficulties, as my granny used to say. But, in 500 years, I’m Thinking it will all plane out.