Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    24 Nov '15 09:46
    Turkey had warned Russia that they would shoot down the next airplane that violated their air space after two Russian airplanes had already violated their air space. Turkey notified NATO saying they warned the Russian pilot 10 times before they shot the airplane down.
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    24 Nov '15 09:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Turkey had warned Russia that they would shoot down the next airplane that violated their air space after two Russian airplanes had already violated their air space. Turkey notified NATO saying they warned the Russian pilot 10 times before they shot the airplane down.
    Well, that should spice things up in the region.
  3. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    24 Nov '15 10:20
    Originally posted by bill718
    Well, that should spice things up in the region.
    Maybe now Putin will agree to coordinate the attacks against ISIS. I'm so happy.
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    24 Nov '15 10:53
    Maybe now Putin will agree to coordinate the attacks against ISIS. I'm so happy.
    Or he instead orders air strikes on Turkish soil, and loses even more planes firing on a NATO country......
  5. 24 Nov '15 18:34
    . Turkey notified NATO saying they warned the Russian pilot 10 times before they shot the airplane down.[/b]
    Too bad the Russian did not speak Arabic.
  6. 24 Nov '15 18:35
    So when does Putin invade Turkey?
  7. 24 Nov '15 18:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Too bad the Russian did not speak Arabic.
    Turks don't speak Arabic either!
  8. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    24 Nov '15 18:44
    Is your happiness not marred by the fate of the pilots shot down, or do they simply not matter?
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    24 Nov '15 18:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Is your happiness not marred by the fate of the pilots shot down, or do they simply not matter?
    One of whom is dead so I hear.
  10. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    24 Nov '15 19:31
    For the first time in 25 years, I'm starting to become concerned about the potential for World War III.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    24 Nov '15 19:34
    Don't you get it? Putin doesn't give a damn about ISIS (at least until they start agitating in Chechnya, if that ever happens). Putin's agenda is to keep Assad in power and leverage Assad to support an anti-western coalition in the middle east. If Obama supports Turkey on this (and it seems he will), things will get very frosty in the middle east and the fact that both NATO and Russia will be conducting military operations in Syria is a recipe for disaster.
  12. 24 Nov '15 20:33 / 1 edit
    Russia should declare war on Turkey. Let's see if the Europeans are willing to go to war to support Muslims.

If Obama supports Turkey I think he would find revolutionaries taking action in the US.
  13. 24 Nov '15 20:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Russia should declare war on Turkey. Let's see if the Europeans are willing to go to war to support Muslims.

If Obama supports Turkey I think he would find revolutionaries taking action in the US.
    Turkey is a member of NATO. Does Eladar believe that European members of NATO
    should break their treaty commitments simply because most Turks are Muslims?
  14. 24 Nov '15 20:42
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Turkey is a member of NATO. Does Eladar believe that European members of NATO
    should break their treaty commitments simply because most Turks are Muslims?
    Turkey is a member of NATO, but it is also a Muslim nation.
  15. 24 Nov '15 20:46
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Turkey is a member of NATO, but it is also a Muslim nation.
    So what? If Eladar and a Muslim agreed to a signed contract, would Eladar believe that he
    has no legal or moral obligation to fulfill that contract because the other person's a Muslim?