Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member vivify
    rain
    04 Mar '15 13:16 / 1 edit
    If the entire world declared war on the U.S., how long would America last? Since its been said that the U.S.has enough nukes to destroy the earth, could we possibly even win?

I'm asking, because in my lady thread, responses were unanimous in that the U.S. would win easily against the entire Arab world. So I wonder how America would fare against the the entire world, None of our neighbors to the north and south ate threats, and would probably go down easily.
  2. 04 Mar '15 13:23
    Is this a one time event like the Super Bowl or is it best out of seven like the World Series?
  3. 04 Mar '15 13:57
    Originally posted by vivify
    If the entire world declared war on the U.S., how long would America last?
    It all depends on whether the rest of the world wanted you annihilated, or was willing to play nice. I would think that if Russia decided to nuke you without warning, you would loose. Of course you might be able to fire off some nukes in return, leaving us here in Southern Africa the winners.

Of course wars these days are not so much about military strength but political strength. How would the various governments justify such a war? How many american civilians could they get away with killing, or would they have to stick to strictly military targets? To what extent could they control the media?

And most importantly of all, how could we win without damaging the internet? Can't have RHP going down now can we? That would mean everybody looses.
  4. 04 Mar '15 14:05
    "I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — rocks!" - Albert Einstein
  5. 04 Mar '15 14:17
    Originally posted by vivify
    If the entire world declared war on the U.S., how long would America last? Since its been said that the U.S.has enough nukes to destroy the earth, could we possibly even win?

I'm asking, because in my lady thread, responses were unanimous in that the U.S. would win easily against the entire Arab world. So I wonder how America would fare against the the ...[text shortened]... d, None of our neighbors to the north and south ate threats, and would probably go down easily.
    nobody will win in a war between nuclear powers. it doesn't matter if everyone declares war against the US or just russia/china

the second someone launches a nuke against a nuclear power, rocks fall everybody dies.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    04 Mar '15 15:17
    USA loses, not even close. We can't get into central Asia, Chinese economy, European weaponry (Russia France Germany Britain), Canada and Mexico have land borders...USA is screwed.
  7. 04 Mar '15 16:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It all depends on whether the rest of the world wanted you annihilated, or was willing to play nice. I would think that if Russia decided to nuke you without warning, you would loose. Of course you might be able to fire off some nukes in return, leaving us here in Southern Africa the winners.

Of course wars these days are not so much about military str ...[text shortened]... t damaging the internet? Can't have RHP going down now can we? That would mean everybody looses.
    "I would think that if Russia decided to nuke you without warning, you would loose"
    only if russia manages to develop magical undetectable nukes.

"Of course you might be able to fire off some nukes in return"
    quite more than a few

"leaving us here in Southern Africa the winners"
    if only a minuscule fraction of each power's nuclear arsenal is used, the nuclear winter following would take care of the winners.

can't figure out if you're sarcastic or not.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    04 Mar '15 17:12
    Central Africa is too hot anyway
  9. 04 Mar '15 17:17
    We'll save Australia,
    Don't wanna hurt no kangaroos...

Randy Newman said it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QbUSjnhv6M
  10. 04 Mar '15 17:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    USA loses, not even close. We can't get into central Asia, Chinese economy, European weaponry (Russia France Germany Britain), Canada and Mexico have land borders...USA is screwed.
    Your argument is that GB, France and Germany will use our own military against us? They've been using the US for their defense since the end of WWII.
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    04 Mar '15 17:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Your argument is that GB, France and Germany will use our own military against us? They've been using the US for their defense since the end of WWII.
    Typhoons, Rafales, QE2 and Prince of Wales, LeClercs and Leopard II, H&K, British anti sub tech...they have weapons. Good ones. Not as good as ours but close.

PS how could I forget the Charles de Gaulle
  12. 04 Mar '15 17:29
    Typhoons, Rafales, QE2 and Prince of Wales, LeClercs and Leopard II, H&K, British anti sub tech...they have weapons. Good ones. Not as good as ours but close.
    You are trying to argue that they have not been using the US for their defense since WWII?
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    04 Mar '15 17:30
    You are trying to argue that they have not been using the US for their defense since WWII?

Silence, Tonto. The white people are talking.
  14. 04 Mar '15 17:32

Silence, Tonto. The white people are talking.
    Hey Vato, Mexican's aint white.
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    04 Mar '15 17:34
    Hey Vato, Mexican's aint white.
    Ya I know that's why we keep them poor now stfu