Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    14 Mar '17 16:09
    https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html



    The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
    o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific
    Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.

    Should the government take this into account when allowing people to apply for citizenship?
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    14 Mar '17 16:18
    Originally posted by Eladar
    https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html



    The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
    o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific
    Islanders at 17.8 perce ...[text shortened]... .

    Should the government take this into account when allowing people to apply for citizenship?
    What - that institutional racism causes a higher percentage of disfavored minorities to be poor and thus in need of governmental assistance?

    How would that be "taken into account" exactly?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    14 Mar '17 16:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What - that institutional racism causes a higher percentage of disfavored minorities to be poor and thus in need of governmental assistance?

    How would that be "taken into account" exactly?
    Funny how institutional racism and IQ scores align so well.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    14 Mar '17 16:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Funny how institutional racism and IQ scores align so well.
    Hardly surprising for reasons already explained to you multiple times.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    14 Mar '17 16:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Hardly surprising for reasons already explained to you multiple times.
    You know reason for a fact?

    Or just your belief.

    I do not believe anyone knows why. All I know is that it is. Beliefs should not get in the way of making judgements about what is best for the country.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    14 Mar '17 16:45
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You know reason for a fact?

    Or just your belief.

    I do not believe anyone knows why. All I know is that it is. Beliefs should not get in the way of making judgements about what is best for the country.
    If you want to cut down on the number of people on welfare, stop letting in high welfare groups.
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55420
    14 Mar '17 17:24
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If you want to cut down on the number of people on welfare, stop letting in high welfare groups.
    I have no problem with admitting people who are assets to rather than drains on our society. However, I think it would make more sense to evaluate someone's assets including their ability to make a living rather then just make a blanket policy based on race, religion or country of origin.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    14 Mar '17 18:41
    Originally posted by Eladar
    https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html



    The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
    o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific
    Islanders at 17.8 perce ...[text shortened]... .

    Should the government take this into account when allowing people to apply for citizenship?
    No. I'd rather deny citizenship to ignorant racist knuckle-draggers like you.
  9. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    14 Mar '17 19:26
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I do not believe anyone knows why.
    Please don't copy Trump. Just because you are ignorant, doesn't mean everyone else is.
  10. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    14 Mar '17 19:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If you want to cut down on the number of people on welfare, stop letting in high welfare groups.
    I am fairly sure that the vast majority of people in the US on welfare are not recent immigrants.
    If you want to cut down on the number of people on welfare, then change your government policies so that you get people out of poverty. Its quite shameful that a wealthy nation like the US still has people living in poverty.
  11. Subscriberjoe shmo
    Strange Egg
    podunk, PA
    Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    7733
    14 Mar '17 19:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am fairly sure that the vast majority of people in the US on welfare are not recent immigrants.
    If you want to cut down on the number of people on welfare, then change your government policies so that you get people out of poverty. Its quite shameful that a wealthy nation like the US still has people living in poverty.
    Its not shameful...It's nature.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    14 Mar '17 19:48
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I have no problem with admitting people who are assets to rather than drains on our society. However, I think it would make more sense to evaluate someone's assets including their ability to make a living rather then just make a blanket policy based on race, religion or country of origin.
    There is a dollar to benefit ratio here too. If you set immigration numbers on regions you require much less vetting.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    14 Mar '17 19:50
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    No. I'd rather deny citizenship to ignorant racist knuckle-draggers like you.
    You can't handle the truth so you revert to name calling. You do this quite often.
  14. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    14 Mar '17 19:511 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If you want to cut down on the number of people on welfare, stop letting in high welfare groups.
    stop letting in high welfare groups


    You mean like corporations? They suck twice as much welfare $$ from the taxpayers as social welfare recipients. Why is it whenever someone starts bitching about welfare scabs, they always turn a blind eye to this??


    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/government-subsidies-corporations_n_1912835.html
  15. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55420
    14 Mar '17 20:04
    Originally posted by Eladar
    There is a dollar to benefit ratio here too. If you set immigration numbers on regions you require much less vetting.
    It is worth the vetting to find out if someone is employable, has assets they have a degree. In fact, unlike Trump's wall, you can make the applicant prove these things.
Back to Top