Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 25 Nov '14 21:34
    This is for all the left wingers out there.

So for the sake of argument, let's presume the verdict was an injustice. If so, was the violence and plunder warranted?
  2. 26 Nov '14 00:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    This is for all the left wingers out there.

So for the sake of argument, let's presume the verdict was an injustice. If so, was the violence and plunder warranted?
    warranted? no
    understandable? hell yes
  3. 26 Nov '14 00:14
    This is my afternoon Fox Radio commentary. I hope you will share it.

Amid the smoldering ruins of Ferguson, Missouri - I've been pondering a question. Where does Police Officer Darren Wilson go to get his life back?

Based on the findings of the grand jury - the only thing Officer Wilson is guilty of -- is not getting killed by Michael Brown.

I know the truth doesn't seem to matter all that much to Al Sharpton's narrative but the truth is that Officer Wilson was fighting for his life on that fateful day.

That's the God's honest - Grand Jury truth.

I hope Officer Wilson finds peace in this world - a patch of ground to start over - but to be honest - his life will never be the same. I suspect he will always look over his shoulder. There's a Facebook page calling for his execution - did you know that?

As near as I can tell -- Officer Wilson's only "crime" that day was to come home alive.
  4. 26 Nov '14 02:33
    http://news.yahoo.com/michael-brown-stepfather-burn-this-down-ferguson-video-182317962.html

Looks like Brown's family incited more violence.

More gentle giants I presume.
  5. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    26 Nov '14 03:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/michael-brown-stepfather-burn-this-down-ferguson-video-182317962.html

Looks like Brown's family incited more violence.

More gentle giants I presume.
    The Brown's family lawyer says the federal government is still investigating this and he suspects a civil rights charge will be brought and he still has a wrongful death claim to make in civil court. So it is far from over.
  6. 26 Nov '14 12:59
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass

Amid the smoldering ruins of Ferguson, Missouri - I've been pondering a question. Where does Police Officer Darren Wilson go to get his life back?

Based on the findings of the grand jury - the only thing Officer Wilson is guilty of -- is not getting killed by Michael Brown.

I kn ...[text shortened]... that?

As near as I can tell -- Officer Wilson's only "crime" that day was to come home alive.
    so wilson is a victim here.
    gotcha.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    26 Nov '14 13:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    warranted? no
    understandable? hell yes
    Who cares whether it's understandable? Theft is also understandable.
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Nov '14 14:07
    Originally posted by sh76
    Who cares whether it's understandable? Theft is also understandable.
    A riot is an ugly thing... Und I think that it is just about time that we had one!

Inspector Kemp
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Nov '14 14:31
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass

I kn ...[text shortened]... that?

So you think that Officer Wilson's life was in imminent danger when he fired a shot into the top of a man's head who had already been shot 6 times?
  10. 26 Nov '14 14:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    warranted? no
    understandable? hell yes
    Could you explain it then?
  11. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Nov '14 14:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So you think that Officer Wilson's life was in imminent danger when he fired a shot into the top of a man's head who had already been shot 6 times?
    If he's tried to kill you, and he's bigger and stronger than you, and still charging at you after you've shot him 6 times... better shoot him some more right? What am I missing?
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Nov '14 15:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    If he's tried to kill you, and he's bigger and stronger than you, and still charging at you after you've shot him 6 times... better shoot him some more right? What am I missing?
    How likely is it that Brown was "charging" anybody after he had already been shot 6 times?

Maybe he should have shot him with kryptonite if Wilson's story is to be believed.

Wilson is 6'4" and 210 lbs BTW though he made himself sound like a helpless infant.
  13. 26 Nov '14 15:19
    How likely is it that Brown was "charging" anybody after he had already been shot 6 times?

Maybe he should have shot him with kryptonite if Wilson's story is to be believed.

Wilson is 6'4" and 210 lbs BTW though he made himself sound like a helpless infant.
    Perhaps the answer is to stop hiring police to protect black communities. I wouldn't take the job for twice the money that Wilson made.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Nov '14 15:26
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Perhaps the answer is to stop hiring police to protect black communities. I wouldn't take the job for twice the money that Wilson made.
    Good thing though you could hardly have been any worse than Wilson.
  15. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Nov '14 15:35

I read somewhere that the more credible witness(es?) (i.e. whose stories didn't keep changing) backed up Wilson's claim that Brown was charging at him. If you don't believe it then whatever.