Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 08:37
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    You are absolutely right bill718.
    That brings me back to some 1970 Earth day predictions... you know, "when the science was done", "the debate was over "...

[b]“We have about five more years at the outside to do something.”

• Kenneth Watt, ecologist

“Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against ...[text shortened]... ut twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”
    • Kenneth Watt, Ecologist

🙄🙄🙄[/b]
    China should probably have taken the warnings concerning gas masks a little bit more serious:

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Photos+Shanghai+pollution+halts+construction+keeps+kids+inside/9256352/story.html
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 10:17
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    China should probably have taken the warnings concerning gas masks a little bit more serious:

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Photos+Shanghai+pollution+halts+construction+keeps+kids+inside/9256352/story.html
    People generally do whatever they want to do and could care less about anything but themselves.

That's why cap and trade is so popular with the powers that be. Those in government and corporate America will be made rich beyond their wildest dreams. It's really the only reason it's there. No one really cares that if fully implemented, it does very little to reduce carbon emissions of any significance.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 12:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    People generally do whatever they want to do and could care less about anything but themselves.

That's why cap and trade is so popular with the powers that be. Those in government and corporate America will be made rich beyond their wildest dreams. It's really the only reason it's there. No one really cares that if fully implemented, it does very little to reduce carbon emissions of any significance.
    So,So right. In Aussie we had what was fleetingly known as 'climategate' where a whole lot of Emails were intercepted that involved a group of Scientists claiming that the modeling was flawed and they were threatened with all sorts of things inc the withdrawing of research funds. If climate change did not exist 1 massive gravy train would grind to a halt. At the moment it is like a perpetual motion engine that feeds itself.
    That said, I strongly believe that we should all act responsibly and look after our planet,inc the land the sea and the air.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 12:46
    Not everyone is like you, whodey.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 12:494 edits
    Originally posted by jimmac
    So,So right. In Aussie we had what was fleetingly known as 'climategate' where a whole lot of Emails were intercepted that involved a group of Scientists claiming that the modeling was flawed and they were threatened with all sorts of things inc the withdrawing of research funds. If climate change did not exist 1 massive gravy train would grind to a halt. At ...[text shortened]... e that we should all act responsibly and look after our planet,inc the land the sea and the air.
    I know I'm looking after it every day.

Meanwhile, I watch those who preach climate change live in a myriad of lavish mansions that take mega dollars to heat and cool and drive SUV's and jet about the world in plane rides with one plane ride that equals about 1 years worth of carbon emissions from an SUV.

According to those preaching to me, my carbon footprint needs to be diminished.

I cry hypocrite!! Brood of vipers!!

Now I just await being led away to a cross to die. In fact, wouldn't it be better without me here altogether? There would be no Whodey carbon footprint and one less voice of dissent.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 15:56

Is there a connection between the post you quoted and your rant that followed or did you click Reply & Quote by accident?
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 22:42
    I know I'm looking after it every day.

Meanwhile, I watch those who preach climate change live in a myriad of lavish mansions that take mega dollars to heat and cool and drive SUV's and jet about the world in plane rides with one plane ride that equals about 1 years worth of carbon emissions from an SUV.

According to those preaching to me, my carbon f ...[text shortened]... ut me here altogether? There would be no Whodey carbon footprint and one less voice of dissent.
    You forgot to mention that Many of those mansions are as close to the sea as possible.

They must like to live dangerously.