Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 25 Aug '10 05:28 / 1 edit
    " a belief, often subconscious, among white liberals that being white is, in and of itself, a great transgression against the rest of the world for which one must spend their life making atonement. It is often exemplified by embracing the cultures and philosophies of various other ethnic groups while neglecting one's own roots."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=white%20guilt

2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Aug '10 05:32
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]" a belief, often subconscious, among white liberals that being white is, in and of itself, a great transgression against the rest of the world for which one must spend their life making atonement. It is often exemplified by embracing the cultures and philosophies of various other ethnic groups while neglecting one's own roots."[/b]
    The urbandictionary is great fun. Anyone can contribute. I have done so myself.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    25 Aug '10 05:37
    [b]" a belief, often subconscious, among white liberals that being white is, in and of itself, a great transgression against the rest of the world for which one must spend their life making atonement. It is often exemplified by embracing the cultures and philosophies of various other ethnic groups while neglecting one's own roots."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=white%20guilt

[/b]
    Gaelic rebellion to Anglos is not neglecting my roots.
  4. 25 Aug '10 05:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The urbandictionary is great fun. Anyone can contribute. I have done so myself.
    I thought that was you!

Troll,

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
  5. 25 Aug '10 05:42
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Gaelic rebellion to Anglos is not neglecting my roots.
    Now you are saying us w/Gaelic roots are not white?
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    25 Aug '10 05:45
    Now you are saying us w/Gaelic roots are not white?
    I'm saying "white guilt" is really "Anglo guilt" for the most part in this country. Rebelling against Anglo imperialism is part of white culture.
  7. 25 Aug '10 05:51
    I'm saying "white guilt" is really "Anglo guilt" for the most part in this country. Rebelling against Anglo imperialism is part of white culture.
    No. Its white guilt. I never heard of Anglo guilt before. Are you trying to say all those bleeding heart pussy liberals are all WASP?
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    25 Aug '10 05:53
    No. Its white guilt. I never heard of Anglo guilt before. Are you trying to say all those bleeding heart pussy liberals are all WASP?
    You've never heard of Anglo guilt because you're a boot licking Uncle Tom who basks in the acceptance of the WASPs who 99% run this country.
  9. Donation bbarr
    Chief Justice
    25 Aug '10 05:59
    You've never heard of Anglo guilt because you're a boot licking Uncle Tom who basks in the acceptance of the WASPs who 99% run this country.
    Catholics and Jews run less than 1% of the country?
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Aug '10 05:59
    I thought that was you!
    I may well go to urbandictionary later and add "xenobogglyopia":

"A syndrome where disagreement about foreign cultures and diversity is claimed to be some kind of syndrome about foreign cultures and diversity, cf: claiming there is white guilt syndrome is an example of xenobogglyopia".
  11. 25 Aug '10 06:00
    " Uncle Tom is a term used by black people to try to convince other black people that working, education, living well, and setting a good example for their children is selling out."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Uncle%20Tom

Nooo.Thats not me.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    25 Aug '10 06:01
    " Uncle Tom is a term used by black people to try to convince other black people that working, education, living well, and setting a good example for their children is selling out."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Uncle%20Tom

Nooo.Thats not me.
    http://www.education.ne.gov/SS/irish/unit_2.html
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    25 Aug '10 06:02 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Catholics and Jews run less than 1% of the country?
    1/44 of the Presidents so far...and the 1 got killed...
  14. 25 Aug '10 06:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    I may well go to urbandictionary later and add "xenobogglyopia":

[b]"A syndrome where disagreement about foreign cultures and diversity is claimed to be some kind of syndrome about foreign cultures and diversity, cf: claiming there is white guilt syndrome is an example of xenobogglyopia".
    [/b]
    you will get a lot of thumbs down on that one.
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Aug '10 06:05
    you will get a lot of thumbs down on that one.
    Such is the nature of the urbandictionary.

The OP definition is nicely crafted political satire.