Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:142 edits
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2018/05/26/who-killed-bobby-kennedy-his-son-rfk-jr-doesnt-believe-it-was-sirhan-sirhan/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f3055babb142

"Who killed Bobby Kennedy? His son RFK Jr. doesn’t believe it was Sirhan Sirhan."

"Kennedy was there to visit Sirhan B. Sirhan, the man convicted of
    killing his father, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, nearly 50 years ago. ...
    Kennedy met with Sirhan for three hours, he revealed to The Washington Post last week.
    It was the culmination of months of research by Kennedy into the assassination,
    including speaking with witnesses and reading the autopsy and police reports....
    He would not discuss the specifics of their conversation. But when it was over,
    Kennedy had joined those who believe there was a second gunman, and
    that it was not Sirhan who killed his father."

"Kennedy called Sirhan’s trial “really a penalty hearing. It wasn’t a real trial.
    At a full trial, they would have litigated his guilt or innocence. I think it’s
    unfortunate that the case never went to a full trial because that would have
    compelled the press and prosecutors to focus on the glaring discrepancies
    in the narrative that Sirhan fired the shots that killed my father."

Coroner Thomas Noguchi found that RFK was killed by a shot fired at extremely close range from behind.
    But several witnesses stated that Sirhan (who approached RFK from the front) never got that close to him.

There's also a dispute about how many shots were fired. Sirhan's gun held eight bullets.
    If more than eight shots were fired, then there must have been another shooter.
    Unfortunately, the LAPD (whose initial investigation seems sloppy. focusing narrowly upon Sirhan
    while neglecting to consider other suspects) destroyed some of the original physical evidence.

If he's ever released from prison, Sirhan has said that he would accept the USA's deporting
    him to Jordan, where he intends to spend the rest of his life.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:241 edit
    The Kennedy brothers were screwing so many women that I'm surprised it took the husbands of men all over the nation to wait so long to take revenge sooner.

But they had a "D" by their names so we really should be more respectful

My bad.

Damn that Trump! 😠
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:25
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2018/05/26/who-killed-bobby-kennedy-his-son-rfk-jr-doesnt-believe-it-was-sirhan-sirhan/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f3055babb142

"Who killed Bobby Kennedy? His son RFK Jr. doesn’t believe it was Sirhan Sirhan."

killing his father, Sen. ...[text shortened]... the glaring discrepancies
    in the narrative that Sirhan fired the shots that killed my father."
    the gold standard killed bobby and jack
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    31 May '18 03:061 edit

killing his father, Sen. ...[text shortened]... would accept the USA's deporting
    This happened when I was a teenager. I don't know who killed Robert Kennedy, but I do know after 50 years this issue is sliding into the trivia category. Most of the major players in this assassination have either died, or are so old, they're memories may be suspect. Maybe it's time to move on.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 May '18 03:09
    Originally posted by @mchill
    This happened when I was a teenager. I don't know who killed Robert Kennedy, but I do know after 50 years this issue is sliding into the trivia category. Most of the major players in this episode have either died, or are so old. Maybe it's time to move on.
    What the actual hell.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    31 May '18 04:22
    This happened when I was a teenager. I don't know who killed Robert Kennedy, but I do know after 50 years this issue is sliding into the trivia category. Most of the major players in this assassination have either died, or are so old, they're memories may be suspect. Maybe it's time to move on.
    Mchill should not attempt to impose his lazy apathy upon everyone else.
    Of course, no one requires Mchill to care about determining who really killed RFK.
    RFK Jr. may have more reasons than Mchill to care about the truth.
    RFK Jr. may not find it as easy as Mchill to "move on".

And if Sirhan's truly innocent of murdering RFK, then everyone who
    cares about justice (not including Mchill) should have an interest in
    seeing that Surhan's not punished further for a crime that he did not commit.

Now hardly anyone would argue that Sirhan was completely innocent.
    He may have intended to kill RFK. In the process, he shot other people.
    But his 50 years in prison so far would seem enough to cover these crimes.
    Moreover, if Sirhan did not kill RFK, the real murderer never has been punished.

I await Mchill arguing that all Nazi war criminals should no longer have
    been pursued or prosecuted after 1995 ,(50 years after the Second World War).
  7. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    31 May '18 04:38
    Oh yes, one just sensed there was a hook.
    I was sincerely intrigued.
    Robert and John have always been heroic icons of mine, nearly sacred.
    I was prepared to elaborate on conspiratorial possibilities until Duchess64's motive for the OP became apparent.

The Palestinian-Jordanian, Sirhan Sirhan, has been incarcerated for 50 years. Perhaps she thinks it an injustice to continue the old boy's confinement?

If she admits to this...this thread could become interesting.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 May '18 06:29

killing his father, Sen. ...[text shortened]... would accept the USA's deporting
    Sirhan confessed.
  9. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    31 May '18 09:571 edit
    Mchill should not attempt to impose his lazy apathy upon everyone else.
    Of course, no one requires Mchill to care about determining who really killed RFK.
    RFK Jr. may have more reasons than Mchill to care about the truth.
    RFK Jr. may not find it as easy as Mchill to "move on".

And if Sirhan's truly innocent of murdering RFK, then everyone who
    care ...[text shortened]... ld no longer have
    been pursued or prosecuted after 1995 ,(50 years after the Second World War).
    I await Mchill arguing that all Nazi war criminals should no longer have been pursued or prosecuted after 1995 ,(50 years after the Second World War).

Mchill is not interested in arguing about Nazi war criminals. There are already too many (self appointed) experts in this field, the world doesn't need another one.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 May '18 10:37
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Sirhan confessed.
    And we all know innocent people never confess to crimes they didn't commit.
  11. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    31 May '18 12:23
    Would Duchess64 express similar sympathies toward:

- Mark David Chapman (Murdered John Lennon)
    - John Hinckley, Jr. (Failed attempt to kill Reagan)
    - Squeaky Fromme (Manson accolyte who failed an attempt to kill Ford)

Would she believe that these caucasian inmates have had unfair detentions as well?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 May '18 13:17
    Originally posted by @wolfe63

Would she believe that these caucasian inmates have had unfair detentions as well?
    Although her axe-grinding is well-established, the bigger point--- the much, much bigger point--- is that there is an enormous problem with the official story regarding the assassination of a key political figure.
  13. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    31 May '18 17:09
    Originally posted by @wolfe63

Unlikely
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 May '18 17:24
    move on then, quit commenting.
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 May '18 18:16

Maybe Trump will pardon him. 😀 😀