Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Germany
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 16:06
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    I think he lost the plot with the whole Moroccan thing, and he paid the price. He went too far even by his standards.

Thank goodness.
    Nah, that was years ago and he only recently got convicted for it. Make no mistake about it, these voters are scumbags. It is common in Dutch elections that there is a trend towards more "strategic" votes as the election looms, i.e. people are more inclined to take into account whether someone has an actual shot at governing, who will become PM, which parties are likely to enter coalitions, etc. Some voters are deserting Wilders not because he is too racist for them but just because he has little chance of actually governing. Some others have been put off by Wilders' praise of Donald Trump, as even among the lowliest of Dutch scumbags Trump is viewed with general disdain.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 18:011 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Nah, that was years ago and he only recently got convicted for it. Make no mistake about it, these voters are scumbags. It is common in Dutch elections that there is a trend towards more "strategic" votes as the election looms, i.e. people are more inclined to take into account whether someone has an actual shot at governing, who will become PM, which p ...[text shortened]... Donald Trump, as even among the lowliest of Dutch scumbags Trump is viewed with general disdain.
    No I mean the whole calling Moroccans "scum" like last week. That's a new low even for him. He didn't even bother to separate criminals. He just called a whole ethnic group "scum", like Hitler with the Jews.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 18:09
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    No I mean the whole calling Moroccans "scum" like last week. That's a new low even for him. He didn't even bother to separate criminals. He just called a whole ethnic group "scum", like Hitler with the Jews.
    He said some Moroccans are "scum." That's how the coded language works - they're rapists, but some are good people. Hitler, Trump, Farage, Wilders... they are similar kind of people appealing to a similar kind of voter. These days they try to coat it with some plausible deniability for voters though.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 18:531 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    He said some Moroccans are "scum." That's how the coded language works - they're rapists, but some are good people. Hitler, Trump, Farage, Wilders... they are similar kind of people appealing to a similar kind of voter. These days they try to coat it with some plausible deniability for voters though.
    YouTube

I choked on my tea when he said "I am not a racist, and neither are my voters."

Freedom of speech? More like freedom of hate speech.