Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 May '16 22:41
    I'm hearing rumors now that "the Donald" may choose a democrat for a VP.

How many here think he might? Would Bernie be a good pick?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 May '16 23:16
    Bernie's being an idiot by aiming for a contested convention. It's actually sad and disappointing at the same time. I thought Sanders had more sense than that. WTF.

Trump should just pick Palin. Honestly, there's no more of a perfect fit for Trump. If she were thirty years younger, he'd probably leave his wife for the beauty pageant contestant.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 May '16 03:55
    Originally posted by vivify
    Bernie's being an idiot by aiming for a contested convention. It's actually sad and disappointing at the same time. I thought Sanders had more sense than that. WTF.

Trump should just pick Palin. Honestly, there's no more of a perfect fit for Trump. If she were thirty years younger, he'd probably leave his wife for the beauty pageant contestant.
    That's BS. I didn't see Hillary dropping out until after the primaries were finished in 2008 yet her hypocritical supporters always think that others should follow rules that she doesn't have to.

Screw her and you.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    07 May '16 04:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Screw her and you.
    Haha, today we're seeing the Mr Caustic side.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 May '16 08:41
    Originally posted by whodey

Where did you hear these credible rumours?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '16 09:393 edits

From what I understand Mr Sanders is sowing seed with the young Democrats in a way that Hillary would never consider because she is as establishment as establishment gets. Mr Sanders has every right to use whatever means is at his disposal to influence the values of the party that he represents. I am not really into politics but the Clintons are one of the few political dynasties that can actually induce vomiting. Its quite an amazing phenomena to behold, a Republican nominee that is abhorrent to the Republican establishment and the Democrat candidate that is more right-wing than the Republican nominee. Crazy times!
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 May '16 10:14
    That's BS. I didn't see Hillary dropping out until after the primaries were finished in 2008 yet her hypocritical supporters always think that others should follow rules that she doesn't have to.

Screw her and you.
    I expect that from Hillary. That's why I voted for Sanders and not her. Bernie should have more integrity and dignity than to try to usurp the will of the voters with a contested convention.

"Screw her and you"

Still mad at me schooling you in that debate over group homes and legal issues? Tsk, tsk. You should be used to it by now. I've been schooling you, a lawyer, on legal issues ever since that magnificent abortion thread way back when I first joined.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 May '16 11:31
    I expect that from Hillary. That's why I voted for Sanders and not her. Bernie should have more integrity and dignity than to try to usurp the will of the voters with a contested convention.

"Screw her and you"

Still mad at me schooling you in that debate over group homes and legal issues? Tsk, tsk. You should be used to it by now. I've been scho ...[text shortened]... awyer, on legal issues ever since that magnificent abortion thread way back when I first joined.
    I'm uninterested in your sad fantasies regarding your nonexistent debating skills.

The voters haven't all spoken and Bernie shouldn't cede the Democratic nomination to Hillary until they have. He also mentioned that many of the superdelegates who have declared for Clinton are from States that he won; who's usurping the will of those voters?
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 May '16 11:36
    Originally posted by whodey

He might.

Bernie would never run on a Republican ticket.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 May '16 12:09
    I'm uninterested in your sad fantasies regarding your nonexistent debating skills.

A link can be posted any time, dude.

The voters haven't all spoken and Bernie shouldn't cede the Democratic nomination to Hillary until they have. He also mentioned that many of the superdelegates who have declared for Clinton are from States that he won; who's usurping the will of those voters?

I'm fine with Bernie campaigning until the end; but that's not good enough for him. He wants to take this to a contested convention, meaning he doesn't care if Clinton won more voters; he wants to win, even at the cost of ignoring who most people voted for. There's no honor in that, and it puts Bernie in a different light.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '16 12:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    From what I understand Mr Sanders is sowing seed with the young Democrats in a way that Hillary would never consider because she is as establishment as establishment gets. Mr Sanders has every right to use whatever means is at his disposal to influence the values of the party that he represents. I am not really into politics but the Clintons are on ...[text shortened]... ent and the Democrat candidate that is more right-wing than the Republican nominee. Crazy times!
    "From what I understand..."

Do let us know next time you "understand" something.

That should be a while, right?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '16 12:23

"Screw her and you"

Still mad at me schooling you in that debate over group homes and legal issues? Tsk, tsk. You should be used to it by now. I've been scho ...[text shortened]... awyer, on legal issues ever since that magnificent abortion thread way back when I first joined.
    I believe Bernie is staying in with such long odds because he wants a voice at the platform table at the convention, which is a good thing.

I voted for Bernie in my state's primary too. Have a little faith that the man knows what he's doing.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 May '16 12:28
    A link can be posted any time, dude.

[b]The voters haven't all spoken and Bernie shouldn't cede the Democratic nomination to Hillary until they have. He also mentioned that many of the superdelegates who have declared for Clinton are from States that he won; who's usurping the will of those voters?

I'm fine with Bernie campaigning until the end; b ...[text shortened]... g who most people voted for. There's no honor in that, and it puts Bernie in a different light.[/b]
    I don't know where you get your incorrect information from; Bernie has said that the convention will be contested either way because Hillary will not amass enough pledged delegates through the voting to have a convention majority. He has also said he needs 65% of the remaining pledged delegates to get a majority of those. Taken together, it's reasonably obvious that he is saying that IF he gets more pledged delegates than Clinton, he should be the nominee i.e. the superdelegates should support him. How that goes "against the will of the voters" is something you'll have to try to explain.

Sanders' comments are here: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278322-sanders-the-convention-will-be-a-contested-contest
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '16 12:301 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]"From what I understand..."

Do let us know next time you "understand" something.

That should be a while, right?[/b]
    Yes but there is no guarantee that you will be able to grasp it even if I do alert you, you seem to all intents and purposes to be incapable of rational thought.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 May '16 12:541 edit
    I don't know where you get your incorrect information from; Bernie has said that the convention will be contested either way because Hillary will not amass enough pledged delegates through the voting to have a convention majority. He has also said he needs 65% of the remaining pledged delegates to get a majority of those. Taken together, it's reasonably ...[text shortened]... om/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278322-sanders-the-convention-will-be-a-contested-contest
    Okay. I didn't read Bernie's full quote, I saw an televised excerpt of what he said. What you posted sounds much more measured and rational. The news clips I saw made it seem like Bernie was going to go about it in the same way Cruz wanted a contested convention.

So...I was wrong. I'm glad I was wrong, but still. Thanks for posting this.