You slightly above or below?
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 11:181 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    You slightly above or below?
    Oh dear, wolfgang (sic) was only just being the grammar police on another thread, and then he does this.

:/
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 11:42
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    ....... :/ ......
    :/ ?????
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 12:10
    I think Finn and Duchy would be pleased to know that the IQ levels in the US seem to be falling faster than elsewhere in the world.

Again, not surprising.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 12:391 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I think Finn and Duchy would be pleased to know that the IQ levels in the US seem to be falling faster than elsewhere in the world.

Again, not surprising.
    Well I went on an IQ reduction program for years, starting with about 145 and now about 60🙂 Smoking the devil weed. Since I stopped about 25 years ago I think it has started popping back up maybe back to 110, I seem to have become more musically creative in the last 5 years than the last 50.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 13:43
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Well I went on an IQ reduction program for years, starting with about 145 and now about 60🙂 Smoking the devil weed. Since I stopped about 25 years ago I think it has started popping back up maybe back to 110, I seem to have become more musically creative in the last 5 years than the last 50.
    Congrats on stopping the pot.

Perhaps legalizing pot in the US has led to the sudden decrease.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 16:32
    Congrats on stopping the pot.

Perhaps legalizing pot in the US has led to the sudden decrease.
    We would need to be having this conversation if it had not been for Hoover (FBI) and Anslinger and a cotton manufacturer whom I forget the name now but the three got together to make grass illegal since Anslinger and Hoover hated blacks and jazz musicians and the cotton crowd wanted to kill the hemp industry which in fact was better than cotton but they didn't care, they wanted cotton to be king so the three started the anti grass campaign. It worked but led directly to the cartels and mafia types growing exponentially in money and power.

It's a shame, it didn't work for prohibition either, just made the family huge. They are directly responsible for the crappy world we are in now from drugs.
  10. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 17:19
    http://www.unz.com/jthompson/the-worlds-iq-86/

Can't say I'm surprised.
    Well above the average US score on this forum then.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 17:211 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    We would need to be having this conversation if it had not been for Hoover (FBI) and Anslinger and a cotton manufacturer whom I forget the name now but the three got together to make grass illegal since Anslinger and Hoover hated blacks and jazz musicians and the cotton crowd wanted to kill the hemp industry which in fact was better than cotton but they di ...[text shortened]... de the family huge. They are directly responsible for the crappy world we are in now from drugs.
    Um.....er......ok.

You sound a little paranoid and conspiratorial there sonhouse. Are you sure you've stopped the pot?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 17:22
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Well above the average US score on this forum then.
    Yes, that's all that matters.

All is well with the world.

So how does this data bode for democracy around the world, especially the US which appears on the verge of complete mental retardation?
  13. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 17:27
    Yes, that's all that matters.

All is well with the world.

So how does this data bode for democracy around the world, especially the US which appears on the verge of complete mental retardation?
    US foreign strategy has been abusing the world and democracy since the 50’s
    The obvious lack of intelligence hasn’t stopped them yet.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 17:292 edits
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    US foreign strategy has been abusing the world and democracy since the 50’s
    The obvious lack of intelligence hasn’t stopped them yet.
    Do you think that the US government is at war with the IQ of America as it steady and quickly declines, all in an order to control the people?

Remember, Trump got elected using the vocabulary of a 3rd grader.

Also of note is the selection of Hillary for the DNC, two of the worst candidates around.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 18:542 edits
    Um.....er......ok.

You sound a little paranoid and conspiratorial there sonhouse. Are you sure you've stopped the pot?
    Here is a bit about anslinger:

"Prohibition Repealed, But Not for Drugs

In the 1930s, the nation’s top anti-narcotics official took up the anti-marijuana cause.

Ironically, Harry J. Anslinger, a former assistant commissioner of the Prohibition Bureau who headed the U.S. Treasury Department’s Narcotics Bureau from 1930 to 1962, initially opposed federal legislation against marijuana because he foresaw it would be difficult for his agency to enforce.

However, Anslinger began to capitalize on fears about marijuana while pressing a public relations campaign to encourage the passage of uniform anti-narcotics legislation in all 48 states. He later lobbied in favor of the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937.

In Congressional testimony, Anslinger drew from what became known as his “gore file” of brutal murders and rapes allegedly committed by people high on pot. (That the marijuana was a causal factor for the crime was taken for granted.) “How many murders, suicides, robberies, criminal assaults, holdups, burglaries and deeds of maniacal insanity it causes each year can only be conjectured,” Anslinger wrote in a 1937 article in American Magazine title “Marijuana, Assassin of Youth.”

It was surely no coincidence that the scare movie Reefer Madness came a year earlier.

The 1937 Marijuana Tax Act, which regulated the drug by requiring dealers to pay a transfer tax, passed in the House after less than a half-hour of debate and received only cursory attention in the press. House members seem not to have known a great deal about the drug. In response to a question from another member, Speaker of the House Sam Rayburn (D-Tex.) explained that marijuana was “a narcotic of some kind,” while another Representative John D. Dingle (D-Mich.) appeared to confuse it with locoweed, a different plant.

In hearings, the only witness to speak against the bill was a representative of the American Medical Association, who congressmen accused of obstructionism and misrepresenting the AMA’s views.

Anslinger favored strict legal penalties against the use of narcotics, including marijuana, and worked behind the scenes to defund or discredit research that contradicted his views on the danger of these drugs or the effectiveness of prohibition.

When New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia and the New York Academy of Medicine produced a report in 1944 concluding that marijuana was only a mild intoxicant, it was pre-emptively attacked in the American Journal of Psychiatry in an article solicited by Anslinger.

Fourteen years later, Anslinger tried to prevent publication of a joint American Bar Association-American Medical Association study that suggested penalties for possession were too harsh. The report was ultimately published by the Indiana University Press after narcotics agents convinced the original sponsor to drop funding.

Through the 1950s, lawmakers and journalists seemed to have little patience or interest for fine distinctions among illegal drugs. Heroin, cocaine, or marijuana were all “dope”: dangerous, addicting, frightening, and bad."

From this site, Origins:

http://origins.osu.edu/article/illegalization-marijuana-brief-history

So you think I'm paranoid?

Here is another brief history of pot illegalization:

https://www.alternet.org/story/77339/debunking_the_hemp_conspiracy_theory

This report says the hemp conspiracy is just that, a conspiracy. But the basis for illegalization of pot was 100% racially motivated. They hated Mexicans and blacks and Jazz musicians who were pretty well known pot smokers.