Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 12 Jun '15 18:33 / 4 edits
    http://news.yahoo.com/currency-dies-zimbabweans-5-175-quadrillion-local-dollars-153844646.html

I had to look quadrillion up, it's a thousand trillions. For a 175 quadrillion Zimbabwe dollars you can get 5 bucks American.
    The country must be run by democrats LOL .
    (and please don't bring up post WW1 Germany it's not the same thing and it's certainly not on the same scale)
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    12 Jun '15 20:15
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    http://news.yahoo.com/currency-dies-zimbabweans-5-175-quadrillion-local-dollars-153844646.html

I had to look quadrillion up, it's a thousand trillions. For a 175 quadrillion Zimbabwe dollars you can get 5 bucks American.
    (and please don't bring up post WW1 Germany it's not the same thing and it's certainly not on the same scale)
    You live in a county with the largest debt in human history, and you're cracking on Zimbabwe?
  3. 12 Jun '15 20:55
    Originally posted by vivify
    You live in a county with the largest debt in human history, and you're cracking on Zimbabwe?
    When our currency goes down, then you can start a similar thread.

Notice I didn't say if.
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    12 Jun '15 21:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    When our currency goes down, then you can start a similar thread.

Notice I didn't say if.
    U.S. currency has already gone down.
  5. 12 Jun '15 21:28
    Well it ain't a hundred seventy five quadrillion dollars for a Big Mac is it?
  6. 12 Jun '15 21:39
    Originally posted by vivify to FishHead111
    I *could* mention the fact that *some* white Americans (such as FishHead111) are racists
    who seem obsessed with highlighting the shortcomings of black African leaders, but
    I suppose that Vivify would instantly condemn me as 'bigoted' against all Americans
    *if* I were to suggest that racism could influence any Americans in any way.

So I am *not* going to mention it. And Vivify--proudly waving the US flag--can feel much
    better in knowing that racism could not possibly have influenced FishHead111 in any way.
    Now isn't it the time for Vivify to start ritually chanting: 'USA! USA! USA!' ?
  7. 12 Jun '15 21:41
    That is simply because the US controls currency manipulation via the Fed, and other cooperative central banks. This is also enhanced by the dollar's status as the world reserve currency. Of course at one time that was the pound sterling. Not any more, and the time is coming for the dollar.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    12 Jun '15 21:44
    Originally posted by FishHead111

Whats Confederate money worth?
  9. 12 Jun '15 21:45
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    I *could* mention the fact that *some* white Americans (such as FishHead111) are racists
    who seem obsessed with highlighting the shortcomings of black African leaders, but
    I suppose that Vivify would instantly condemn me as 'bigoted' against all Americans

So I am *not* goin ...[text shortened]... 111 in any way.
    This is not the first time the Zimbabwean currency has totally crashed. And Fishhead111, nor anyone else has blamed it on the race of that nation. The first time it happened in the modern era, it was due to the leftist dictator in charge at the time, and his politics and policies, not his race.
  10. 12 Jun '15 21:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Whats Confederate money worth?
    About equal exchange for the greenbacks Lincoln printed.
  11. 12 Jun '15 21:47

So I am *not* goin ...[text shortened]... 111 in any way.
    So I am *not* going to mention it.

Oh, but you already did.
  12. 12 Jun '15 21:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    This is not the first time the Zimbabwean currency has totally crashed. And Fishhead111, nor anyone else has blamed it on the race of that nation. The first time it happened in the modern era, it was due to the leftist dictator in charge at the time, and his politics and policies, not his race.
    It's a well-known fact that many right-wing white Americans have long enjoyed condemning
    Robert Mugabe, a black African who's long been Zimbabwe's president, as a racist
    against white people. It's extremely disingenuous to imply that these right-wing white
    Americans would have made *exactly the same criticisms* of a white leader of Zimbabwe.

For the record, I am *not* defending Robert Mugabe or all his policies in Zimbabwe.
    I am asserting the fact that many right-wing white Americans have condemned Robert
    Mugabe, a black African, because they believe that he's racist against white people.
  13. 12 Jun '15 21:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    [b]So I am *not* going to mention it.

Oh, but you already did.[/b]
    I know: I was using a rhetorical device of sarcasm.
    But hasn't Normbenign already denied that FishHead111 could be motivated by racism?
  14. 12 Jun '15 22:02
    All currencies go down and up. Congratulations for noticing that fact.

When I mean goes down, I mean crumbles and becomes worthless.
  15. 12 Jun '15 22:07
    I know: I was using a rhetorical device of sarcasm.
    But hasn't Normbenign already denied that FishHead111 could be motivated by racism?
    The motivation is more important than the truth.

Typical leftist gibberish. It is the seriousness of the charge.

If you can demonize someone you can shout them down without actually having to deal with the truth of the issue.