Dive is a fake Christian

Dive is a fake Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
29 Oct 18

@sonship said
@chaney3

Dive is content with being a terrible Christian, not making the glaring changes in his character that are so obviously needed.

Neither he, nor you, nor I am able to make glaring changes in our characters. We can open our hearts to allow the Savior Jesus to change us.
Step #7

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

Moves
29 Oct 18

@thinkofone said
Dive speaks about his weakness as a Christian, but continues to do absolutely nothing about it.

That seems to be true of the vast majority of Christians. It's what "salvation by faith" Christianity is about - though most if not all would refuse to admit it.
If you claim to have faith but don’t allow the spirit of God to cleanse you of your sin your faith is dead.

F

Moves
29 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Didn’t you go on as if you did have a divine experience for years, then you stopped? Was your faith based on something other then the divine before, like family or peer pressure?
Where is the post where you claim I "admitted" I was pretending I was a Christian? You said you'd copy paste it.

Moves
29 Oct 18
1 edit

@sonship said
@chaney3

Dive is content with being a terrible Christian, not making the glaring changes in his character that are so obviously needed.

Neither he, nor you, nor I am able to make glaring changes in our characters. We can open our hearts to allow the Savior Jesus to change us.
That simply isn't true. I've known non-believers who have undergone enormous changes to their character and have done so of their own accord (and hard work) without any recourse to the divine.

Your words actually 'deskill' a person of their independent ability to make significant changes in their lives. ((Same goes for the AA).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Oct 18

@fmf said
I no longer believe any of that. Stuff about "the One" is not real to me. Do you think I should be pretending to be a believer? Do you think I should be pretending that I feel I have turned my back on something real?
No longer believed any of that stuff, the One is not real to you. The pretending is
what you claimed was true before, it was your make believe Christianity that you
walked away from. You admit that to continue would be pretending, that makes
all that you had before false. It could be nothing else if you now deny it, it was
all something that wasn't real. If it were real, you couldn't deny the reality of it.

The thing you are doing is making this all about you. You once believed, you felt
it, it was real to you, you now don't believe for whatever personal reasons you
have and I'm not asking why. The thing is Christianity is all about Jesus Christ not
you or me, it is He who died for us, who shed His blood for us, forgave us. He did
that because He first loved us, not because we had a feeling. The pretense was
faking a relationship with Christ, who you now reject. Real would mean that He
was in your life and there would be no way you could deny His existence, fake
means it was really nothing, a pretense for some reason but when whatever
occurred, you realized it didn't matter, not at all. Jesus Christ matters and if
you actually had Him in your life, you'd know that.

F

Moves
30 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
No longer believed any of that stuff, the One is not real to you. The pretending is
what you claimed was true before, it was your make believe Christianity that you
walked away from. You admit that to continue would be pretending, that makes
all that you had before false. It could be nothing else if you now deny it, it was
all something that wasn't real. If it were real, you couldn't deny the reality of it.
I was not pretending to be a Christian. Where is the copy paste of my post where you claim I "admitted" I was pretending?

Where is the copy-pasted post?

F

Moves
30 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
The thing you are doing is making this all about you.
The fact that I was not pretending to be a Christian and you are insisting that I was pretending to be a Christian is, whichever way you slice it, about me.

F

Moves
30 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
You admit that to continue would be pretending, that makes
all something that wasn't real.
I lost my faith. I am an agnostic atheist. This does not mean I was pretending to be a Christian. Where is the copy-pasted post you were talking about?

F

Moves
30 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
The thing is Christianity is all about Jesus Christ not
you or me, it is He who died for us, who shed His blood for us, forgave us. He did
that because He first loved us, not because we had a feeling. The pretense was
faking a relationship with Christ, who you now reject. Real would mean that He
was in your life and there would be no way you could deny His existence, fak ...[text shortened]... matter, not at all. Jesus Christ matters and if
you actually had Him in your life, you'd know that.
I know you are a Christian. I don't need you to make a statement of your religious faith. I don't think you are pretending to be a Christian. Even if you lost your faith in the next couple of years, I would not claim that you were pretending to be a Christian in 2018. That would be completely silly. And yet that's basically what you are saying to me. Forget about statements of your Christian faith as it now stands. I accept that you are a Christian. Where is the copy-pasted post where you say I "admitted" I used to pretend I was a Christian?

F

Moves
30 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
If it were real, you couldn't deny the reality of it.
It felt real to me then, just as it feels real to you now. We have both been utterly sincere and honest about our Christain faith in the past. When it felt real to me, I couldn't deny that it was real to me, just as you cannot deny it feels real to you now.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Oct 18

@fmf said
I was not pretending to be a Christian. Where is the copy paste of my post where you claim I "admitted" I was pretending?

Where is the copy-pasted post?
A Christian is someone with Jesus Christ in their lives, did you have Jesus Christ in
your life, or was it just a bunch of doctrine and dogma between your ears?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Oct 18

@fmf said
The fact that I was not pretending to be a Christian and you are insisting that I was pretending to be a Christian is, whichever way you slice it, about me.
You either had God or you didn't and were pretending.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Oct 18

@fmf said
I lost my faith. I am an agnostic atheist. This does not mean I was pretending to be a Christian. Where is the copy-pasted post you were talking about?
We are saved by grace through faith, but faith alone is nothing, dead if you don't
act on it. Jesus Christ not faith saves us, not sure what you mean by your faith, since
when we are saved by grace through faith, that is a gift of God not something we
own.

F

Moves
30 Oct 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You either had God or you didn't and were pretending.
I wasn't pretending.

Where is the copy pasted post you talked about?

F

Moves
30 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
A Christian is someone with Jesus Christ in their lives, did you have Jesus Christ in
your life, or was it just a bunch of doctrine and dogma between your ears?
It was as real to me as it is to you.