Refuting Rajk999ism

Refuting Rajk999ism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
Jesus is just a name for people like you pal. Jesus is just the guy who saved you but you continue to pay him lipservice if you need some idiot like Lewis to tell you what Jesus wants.

Jesus said that you must have good works otherwise you will not get salvation. Read Matt 25.
I have read some of Lewis when I was younger and was blessed and instructed although I do not particularly hold him as an example to others.

There is nothing of the principle of good works and living in the spirit in your posts, in fact you come across as an unforgiving, bitter, angry and arrogant person.

rc

Moves
07 Oct 13

Jesus is just a name for people like you pal. Jesus is just the guy who saved you but you continue to pay him lipservice if you need some idiot like Lewis to tell you what Jesus wants.

Jesus said that you must have good works otherwise you will not get salvation. Read Matt 25.
LOL, tell it like it is!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

Does Hebrews 10:26-30 show a Christian can perish forever after being being saved ?

"For when we sin willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice of bulls and goats for sins.

But a certain fearful expectation of judgment and fervor of fire, which is to consume the adversaries.

Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

By how much do you think he will be thought worthy of worse punishment who has trampled underfoot the Son of God and has considered the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctifie a common thing and has insulted the Spirit of grace? "

For we know Him who said, 'Vengence is Mine; I will repay'; and again, 'The Lord will judge His people."

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

I have noticed that some teachers say this verse has to apply to people who were never saved in the first place - unbelievers who reject the salvation.

Others say that it has to refer to Christian believers who were saved but lose forever that salvation and perish eternally. You go to Rajk999 if that is what you think it means.

I would confess that it DOES refer to Christians who were redeemed. But I would say that the punishment is not eternal. I will give some backround first. Then I will ask again some questions that each reader can answer for themselve.

No, this problem cannot be dealt with in a short sentence or two. The Bible in fact is not always easy to understand.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL, tell it like it is!
It is interesting to see the spirit of yours and Rajk999's posting. You seem to join with each other in this matter, jovially abusing other Christians and yet you are at each other's throats on other matters, bearing down on each other with your respective misanthropic doctrines of death. It's not a laughing matter, but it is very interesting to observe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

Hebrews was written primarily to Jewish people who had accepted Christ. They were tempted to abandon the church, abandon the "assembling together" with the new covenant church and go BACK to Judaism's animal sacrifices. In other words after receiving the knowledge that the Son of God has come and died and rose, they hesitated and thought to return to the offering of bulls and goats to take away their sins.

The "sin willfully" here means to one's own assembling together with the church according to the previous verse 25 - "Not abandoning our own assembling together, as the custom with some is, ..." (v.25)

Some wanted to abandon the assembly, the church, and go back to the old religion. This would constitute a willful sin in the eyes of God, in that it would have been committed after they had received the knowledge of the truth.

This is why I have to believe that the passage is about real disciples of Jesus. They received Him. To all who received Him God has given the authority to be born again sons of God (John 1:12,13).

In this post I have given a brief word on the meaning of "sin willfully" in verse 26 and submitted that the passage from 26 through to 31, I believe is not concerning false believers, but real ones. The application of the passage could refer in principle to any Christian desiring to forsake the new covenant and return to another means of atonement towards God.

Cont. below

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Oct 13

Originally posted by divegeester
I have read some of Lewis when I was younger and was blessed and instructed although I do not particularly hold him as an example to others.

There is nothing of the principle of good works and living in the spirit in your posts, in fact you come across as an unforgiving, bitter, angry and arrogant person.
All I do is repeat what Christ said and you call me names. You therefore would call Jesus Christ the same names. You, Jaywill and a couple others here are the Pharisee-type ie hypocritical mouthworshipping type that Christ condemned. You need to examine yourself and your doctrine.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Hebrews was written primarily to Jewish people who had accepted Christ. They were tempted to abandon the church, abandon the [b]"assembling together" with the new covenant church and go BACK to Judaism's animal sacrifices. In other words after receiving the knowledge that the Son of God has come and died and rose, they hesitated and thought to return to ...[text shortened]... forsake the new covenant and return to another means of atonement towards God.

Cont. below[/b]
I took the trouble to read some of your post on Hebrews 6 and the thing that keeps popping into my head :

" ... what utter nonsense .. does this man belong to a church full of morons ... people actually accept this garbage as explanations of what Pauls said ??!!

So I tried. I tried to read your posts and I cannot stomach it.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone reads your post, and more importantly if they agree with the contents.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

"For when we sin willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice of bulls and goats for sins.

But a certain fearful expectation of judgment and fervor of fire, which is to consume the adversaries.

Sorry. If you want a two sentence explanation of this thorny problem then you don't want to read my discussion of it. No, the Bible is not ALWAYS easy to understand.

Says me or says the writer of the book of Hebrews ?
Says the writer of the book of Hebrews -

"Melchisedec ... Concerning whom we have much to say that is also difficult to interpret since you have become dull of hearing." (See Hebrews 5:10-11)

When you see some complaints from Rajk999 or Robbie that my post is too long an explanation for a simple passage, this could be that they are "dull of hearing" and do not appreciate that some passages are difficult to interpret.

Anyway, I like that they are men of few words. But I try to read carefully their arguments and fairly represent what they are.

A little more for this post. That there is no more sacrifice for sins has to be understood rightly. Jesus offered Himself ONCE. He does not offer Himself on the cross every day the moment you - so called "sin willfully" in the concept of Rajk999's teaching.

In fact the bible says that a righteous man falls seven times and just gets up and keeps going -

Proverbs 24:16 - "For a righteous man falls seven times and rises up again, but the wicked are overthrown by calamity."

The Apostle John tells his Christian audience that if we say we have no sin we are liars and the truth is not in us. We have to confess our known sins when God brings them to light and be thankful that God is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:8,9).

It is not healthy to the Christian walk to have an over sensative conscience thinking that Jesus better offer Himself again on the cross several times a day. One offering was done once for all on Calvary. And the writer of Hebrews has repeatedly taught that-

Hebrews 7:27 - "Who does not have daily need, as the high priests do , to offer up sacrifices first for his own sins and then for those of the people; FOR THIS HE DID ONCE FOR ALL WHEN HE OFFERED UP HIMSELF."

Hebrews 9:12 - "But this One, having OFFERED UP ONE SACRIFICE FOR SINS, sat down forever on the right hand of God ..."

Hebrews 9:25-28 - "Nor in order that He might offer Himself often, just as the high priest enters into the Holy of Holies year by year by the blood of other creatures; Since then He would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world.

But now ONCE at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested for the putting away of sin through the sacrifice of Himself ... so Christ also, having been offered ONCE to bear the sins of many ..."

So the writer of Hebrews says "there no longer remains a sacrifice of bulls and goats for sins .... If you do not like the supplied English words take them away. There no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.

There no longer remains a sacrifice for sins because Jesus offered Himself as the sacrifice for sins ONCE. And that ONCE for the sins of last year, this year, yesterday, and the sins you may commit tomorrow and next year and the sins you are likely to occasionally do until the day you are either raptured or die.

The righteous man falls seven times and just gets up, puts his sins under the blood of Jesus and sets out again to walk by the Holy Spirit.

The Arminian school of thought is that your failure is sinning willfully. And though the blood of Jesus may have cleansed your sins up to today, your sinning to day, unfortunately, will have no more sacrifice to atone on your behalf.

The blood of Jesus Christ God's Son cleanses us from ALL sins - visible sins, invisible sins, personal sins, private sins, unknown sins, forgivable sins, unforgivable sins, repetative sins, etc. "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins."

Now to the questions. Can one who is eternally redeemed never expect to be disciplined by God? Is God's ONLY manner of waking up a severely backslidden sinner to cause the blood of Jesus to NO LONGER atone for his sins, causing him to perish eternally after he was born again ?

We will look at the consequences of those believers returning to try to offer up animal sacrifices of the old religion and thus insulting the Spirit of grace within them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

If the Hebrew believers had abandoned the church, the assembling together and returned to Judaism, there would remain no sacrifice for sins in the economy of God. And no other sacrifice for sins would be necessary or possible.

All the sacrifices of the old covenant had been altogether REPLACED by the ONE sacrifice of Jesus Christ on Calvary. There Christ offered Himself once for all as the sacrifice for our sins (7:27; 10:10,12). And there the sacrifices for sins CEASED -

"Otherwise would they not have ceased to be offered ..." (Hebrews 10:2a)

It is not possible that they could go back to offering bulls and goats for their sins.

Now to the serious dispensational consequences in the kingdom age going back to the old religion. This is the possible result of their sinning willfully by returning to animal sacrifices:

1.) Fearful expectation of judgment -

Elsewhere in the New Testament we see that all Christians have to come to the judgment seat of Christ. And this not to determing their eternal destiny which has already been settled in the affirmative. It is judgment to see what their position and reward will be in the thousand year millennial kingdom of God. This is the thousand years PRECEEDING the new heaven and new earth for eternity (See Rev. 20 - 22).

2.) Fervor of fire , which is to consume the adversaries -

Paul warned that some Christians would be saved yet so as through fire. They will "suffer loss" .

If someone complains "Oh but that is clearly not a literal hot fire there in First Corinthians 3:14,15 because it is his WORKS that are burned up."

I agree that a symbolic hot fire is a better interpretation. However, our God is not so easily put in a box. It may depend upon how SERIOUS the failure was as to how serious the loss suffered will be.

Don't argue. In Revelation 2 Jesus warned the church in Smyrna that there was a possibility that some defeated believers would be "hurt of the second death".

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall by no mean be hurt of the second death." (Rev. 2:11)

This is a reward spoken in negative terms. The one who overcomes will NOT have something happen - "by no means be hurt of the second death. " The second death is the lake of fire.

Jesus did not say destroyed forever here. But He did imply that in some cases a defeated Christian could be hurt by the lake of fire.

The hurt is to get a taste rather than to suffer forever. Here is the bottom line -

In the New Testament the latitude and scope of possible corrections available to God to those who are saved forever is very broad. It embraces warnings from an large scope of possible things our Father could do to correct His children.

The worldly judge has many things at his disposal to correct an offender. The judge may fine him.
The judge may make him do community service.
The judge may give him a suspended sentence.
The judge may send him to jail.
In some countries the judge may order the offender to be whipped or cained.

Why would we not consider that our Father Who will bring us before the judgment seat of Christ before the millennium would not have a wide array of possible things He could do to teach us a lesson ? Think about it.

Short of executing a crimimal with the death sentence, a worldly judge can do many possible things raging from light to heavy to very heavy. Why would we expect that the Judge of all the earth could not have a wide scope of things He could do as a Father to His children.

Judgement begins at the house of God.
And the Lord will judge His people.

In some cases He could even HURT the man saved forever with the second death.

It is time for the church to wake up and realize that once saved always saved does not mean our Father's hands are TIED as to discipline AFTER the second coming of Jesus.

So though I agree that the fire in First Corinthians burning up the wood, grass, and stubble of worthless works is probably symbolic "heat", I would not be overly confident that being saved yet so as through fire could have a large scope of degrees of unpleasantness.

I do not want to find out HOW punished I can be short of eternal perdition. I only say that the New Testament, I think, definitely indicates the Father of eternally saved children has a larger scope of possible remedies then we think.

Now if you cannot see this then you go and believe Rajk999. God has only one thing to do with the immature Christian - make him or her un-born again, take away from them the Holy Spirit, un-redeem them forever, and revoke their being saved. They are no longer His people.

However the writer said "The Lord will judge HIS ... people."

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 13

All I do is repeat what Christ said and you call me names. You therefore would call Jesus Christ the same names. You, Jaywill and a couple others here are the Pharisee-type ie hypocritical mouthworshipping type that Christ condemned. You need to examine yourself and your doctrine.
Well at least I didn't call you an "apostate" or judge you spiritually as you are doing to me.

I am only telling you how you come across in your posts; perhaps irl you are not like this, but it is my honest experience of you here. You on the other hand have no idea of mine or jaywill's spiritual state and you have no right to comment on it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Oct 13

Rajk999, deal with the argument. The issue is not me. It is the argument, the interpretation of Hebrews chapter 10, chapter 6, Luke 16, etc.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Well at least I didn't call you an "apostate" or judge you spiritually as you are doing to me.

I am only telling you how you come across in your posts; perhaps irl you are not like this, but it is my honest experience of you here. You on the other hand have no idea of mine or jaywill's spiritual state and you have no right to comment on it.
I comment on what you teach or preach or explain to others.

An apostate is one who departs from the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. If you teach that you can sin [and grave unforgiveable sins included] and still get eternal life then that is contrary to what the Apostles preached and you are therefore apostate.

I dont know you personally but the same way I come across as x y and z to you .. you come across to me in certain ways and you clearly are the type to favour mouth worship which Christ condemned. How do I know .. you said so.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Oct 13
5 edits

So, though Rajk999 and Robbie may not like me returning to First Corinthians 3 I do it anyway.

1.) "he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:15)

Hebrews 10:27 - "a certain fearful expectation of judgment"
Could the saved person experiencing the suffering of loss in 1 Cor. 3:15 be also having a fearful expectation of judgment ?

I say yes.

2.) "expectation of ... the fervor of fire"

Could the saved Christian suffering loss have such an anxiety ?

I say yes, very possibly.

3.) "fervor of fire, which is to consume the advesaries"

Could the saved Christian who is being saved yet so as through fire, and suffering loss feel that he is being handled like one of God's adversaries ?

I say yes. Such could have that feeling seeing now the foolishness of their having neglected dispositional sanctification during the age of grace.

4.) "worthy of worse punishment [than physical death] who has trampled underfoot the Son of God .... etc."

Could the Christian passing through the suffering of loss and the being saved yet so as through fire feel that he is undergoing a punishment worse than physical death ?

I think the answer is yes. He could feel that way. "This is worst than dying! This is brutal here before the Lord Jesus being scolded." He is being rebuked by the One who lives within him!

And I showed that it is unwise to put parameters on what "suffer loss" could mean short of eternal perdition.

P

Moves
08 Oct 13

I agree with you! Faith without love is like a gong clanging in the wind

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 13

You quote scripture, which is what everyone is doing here. You are very
full of yourself if you think that when you do it and people dislike your point
of view that they disagree with Christ; however, when they do it, and you
disagree you are okay and they are not.
Kelly