1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 May '17 02:565 edits
    Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
    I'm talking about the well-known prerequisite states of mind and being, that the bible teaches us will result in damnation. It's coming back to me now. The pleasures of trying to make a simple point with fellow chess players. I will try to be very succinct in future thread creations, so as to leave little room for the discussion to devolve into semanti ...[text shortened]... aborious obtusories, ending up 10 pages later never having discussed the simple subject at hand.
    Surely you must realize that there are tens of thousands of denominations of Christianity, some with very different conceptions of what "the bible teaches us". That have very different conceptions of "doctrine". If they were all lock-step in agreement, there'd only be one denomination.

I will try to be very succinct in future thread creations, so as to leave little room for the discussion to devolve into semantics explanations, defining the context of the word "the," and other mundane, laborious obtusories, ending up 10 pages later never having discussed the simple subject at hand.

Instead of getting all snarky about it - with comments such as "...defining the context of the word 'the', and other mundane, laborious obtusories...", how about answering the questions?

Can you state exactly what you mean by "unrepentance"? And by "unbelief"?

There seem more than a few conceptions as to what exactly "true repentance" entails.

While "belief" seems to be more standardized, there seem to be different conceptions of what it means to be a "true believer".

It would be helpful if you frame your responses in terms of what exactly "true repentance" entails and what exactly being a "true believer" entails. Thanks.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    06 May '17 02:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your inability to acknowledge the lack of clarity in your OP and this silly effort to fob off your use of controversial terminology such as "carted of to the smoking section", whilst blaming the rest of us for being overly picky is pretty rude.

Furthermore I see in this post your memory is improving again as "it comes back to you"... I notice you have not responded to my question about your alleged Alzheimer's.
    I never saw your question. Please understand. This is my first foray back into what amounts to an archaic discussion forum, after several years. If I don't stay on top of these threads, pages can build up and I miss stuff. It is NOT intentional. Facebook has apparently caused my mental ability to identify messages directed at me, to atrophy. I'll look for your question now.
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    06 May '17 03:01
    This is predestination. You've used the words "destined for destruction". Perhaps you are not clear on what predestination is?
    Romans 9:22
    "In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction."

Thoughts?
    I am quite clear. But the point (again, this is the 4th time) was not to discuss predestination vs. free will. I simply asked what purpose God has in creating beings that He foreknows are going to end up condemned? Is it really that difficult? Seriously?

And I just re-read every single post of yours in the entire thread, and I do not see where you questioned me regarding Alzheimers. If you said it in another thread, that's fine, but why bring it up in this thread and cross-contaminate everything?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '17 03:05
    I am quite clear. But the point (again, this is the 4th time) was not to discuss predestination vs. free will. I simply asked what purpose God has in creating beings that He foreknows are going to end up condemned? Is it really that difficult? Seriously?

And I just re-read every single post of yours in the entire thread, and I do not see where you ...[text shortened]... nother thread, that's fine, but why bring it up in this thread and cross-contaminate everything?
    Look in your Eternal suffering/Eternal death thread.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    06 May '17 03:05
    I don't want to create a seeming "attention whore" thread so I hope it's sufficient to say this here. I am not getting 'notifications' when someone replies to my messages, and obviously, I'm missing replies, questions and things. It is not. I repeat. NOT. Intentional. I guess I'm asking to please give me a little leeway while I relearn how to get around in the forum. I have not been around any forum like this in several years. I am slowly remembering how to navigate.

Tips and tricks on how to not miss messages and stuff would be great. That is, other than blowing up my cell phone with email notifications.

Respectfully Yours,
    TommyBoy
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '17 03:061 edit
    I simply asked what purpose God has in creating beings that He foreknows are going to end up condemned?
    Surely the "purpose" would not be the same for [1] letting created beings cease to exist having not passed muster in some way, and [2] torturing created beings and not allowing them to cease to exist (as revenge for having not passed muster in some way).

How can one possibly attempt to discuss a single "purpose" for two such different things at the same time?
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    06 May '17 03:06
    Look in your Eternal suffering/Eternal death thread.
    Thank you!! I need the help man. Seriously. (I know... don't say it)

Consider me special needs for a few days while I rewire my brain.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '17 03:06

And I just re-read every single post of yours in the entire thread, and I do not see where you ...[text shortened]... nother thread, that's fine, but why bring it up in this thread and cross-contaminate everything?
    I believe one of the reasons He did it was to play out all possibilities of good and evil, so
    that when it comes time to show everyone everything, His judgment will be shown to be
    true in all cases for all reasons.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 May '17 03:15
    I don't want to create a seeming "attention whore" thread so I hope it's sufficient to say this here. I am not getting 'notifications' when someone replies to my messages, and obviously, I'm missing replies, questions and things. It is not. I repeat. NOT. Intentional. I guess I'm asking to please give me a little leeway while I relearn how to get ar ...[text shortened]... , other than blowing up my cell phone with email notifications.

Respectfully Yours,
    TommyBoy
    Can you respond to my post at the top of page 3?
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 May '17 06:53
    Moonshine. Is that not one of the most poetically beautiful euphemisms you've ever heard for, you know, altering your consciousness on purpose?
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 May '17 06:57
    Thank you!! I need the help man. Seriously. (I know... don't say it)

Consider me special needs for a few days while I rewire my brain.
    These are not the droids you're looking for. I love the hand-wave part.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 May '17 09:30
    I'm talking about the well-known prerequisite states of mind and being, that the bible teaches us will result in damnation. It's coming back to me now. The pleasures of trying to make a simple point with fellow chess players. I will try to be very succinct in future thread creations, so as to leave little room for the discussion to devolve into semanti ...[text shortened]... aborious obtusories, ending up 10 pages later never having discussed the simple subject at hand.
    Welcome back to the Spirituality Forum.

😕
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 May '17 09:43
    Your inability to acknowledge the lack of clarity in your OP and this silly effort to fob off your use of controversial terminology such as "carted of to the smoking section", whilst blaming the rest of us for being overly picky is pretty rude.

> remainder snipped for rudeness <
    You know that you have gargantuan balls to talk about rudeness after you relentlessly rudely harassed GB right off this site.

And you're the one who couldn't even figure out that he wasn't promoting "eternal torment" in his first post back. He holds the same side you do on the issue and yet you couldn't resist attacking him, making him defend his supposed "support" of "eternal torment", instead of addressing his question. Picky? Of course it was, and is. But you'd rather viciously attack anyone whom you assume holds a view contrary to yours, than actually take the time to understand what he's saying. And yes, rude is certainly the word for that.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 May '17 11:43
    Oy vey. 😞 In the context of the question posed in the original message, it doesn't even matter.

How strange and unfamiliar. Suicide now seems like a viable option.
    ?
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 May '17 11:50
    ouch

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree