The Role of the Unrepentant Skeptic

The Role of the Unrepentant Skeptic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 May 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Seems fairly clear that one or more of your 'givens' is wrong.

If it is the case that there exists unrepentant sceptics created by god only to be destroyed or whatever, then clearly this god is an assshole. So maybe there is no god, or maybe the bible is a bunch of crap, or maybe even a good sceptic can be saved.
Or that the unrepentant sceptics with all the chances given to them refused them all,
making their refusals something to be put on their own heads.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Or that the unrepentant sceptics with all the chances given to them refused them all,
making their refusals something to be put on their own heads.
Tell us again Kelly how you prefer annihilation to eternal punishment.

It brings me a little closer to God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Tell us again Kelly how you prefer annihilation to eternal punishment.

It brings me a little closer to God.
I don't like the idea of eternal suffering; however I believe that is the fate of the devil and his followers.

Since you don't believe in God, is your saying it would bring you closer to Him simply a cheap shot, since you are not being truthful?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 17

I don't like the idea of eternal suffering; however I believe that is the fate of the devil and his followers.

Since you don't believe in God, is your saying it would bring you closer to Him simply a cheap shot, since you are not being truthful?
Sarcasm Kelly. Obviously talking about a loving God in relation to annihilation or eternal suffering isn't going to bring me closer to Him.

Also worth noting that non-believers in your particular God are not, as a result, followers of the devil. Just what century are you living in?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 May 17

Sarcasm Kelly. Obviously talking about a loving God in relation to annihilation or eternal suffering isn't going to bring me closer to Him.

Also worth noting that non-believers in your particular God are not, as a result, followers of the devil. Just what century are you living in?
You claim to have studied scripture to the point you have expressed an opinion that the God in the NT and OT were different. Have you given any thoughts to those who walk in the flesh with the comparison of those walking after the Spirit of God?

Do you think if true that Hell is real that not telling people about that horrible place and fate of those about to go there forever is doing anyone a service?

You think blowing smoke would be better?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 May 17
2 edits

It is clear that you do not understand what the Bible means by the Devil and His angels.

The Bible says that there was war in heaven, Michael v the Devil and his angels. Was Michael fighting in heaven against people who you think are atheists?

LOL 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
It is clear that you do not understand what the Bible means by the Devil and His angels.

The Bible says that there was war in heaven, Michael v the Devil and his angels. Was Michael fighting in heaven against people who you think are atheists?

LOL 😀
You don't have a good understanding of Revelation chapter 12.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 17

Originally posted by sonship
You don't have a good understanding of [b]Revelation chapter 12.[/b]
I don't think you have a good understanding of Romans 2:14

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 17

There are those angels, demons and human beings, who do not want to have anything to do with God. They don't want God, or a relationship with God. They don't want His reigning, they don't want His saving. They don't want anything related to Him.

God prepares a place for these. it is a place of their own. God is right to warn us that this place will not be to our liking. We cannot fault God for warning everyone that this "Godless" realm that they crave will not be a happy place. But there they will have what they want - that is to be left alone completely apart from God.

And if His kingdom and blessing is everywhere else, to be anywhere else will not be to their liking either because God reigns there.

Everywhere else - God's righteousness.
Everywhere else - God's holiness.
Everywhere else - God's glory.
Everywhere else - God's rule, God's love, God's will, God's plan.

That "lake of fire" that "second death" is the ultimate place of escape for all those created by Him that follow Satan to want nothing to do with God. This is the prepared place that the reconciled sinner has chosen.

My guess is that each one there will be so occupied with their own punishment that they, being all together, will not be able to perpetrate further crimes upon one another. No further rebellion can be fermented. No victims of one another can any longer be sought.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 May 17

You don't have a good understanding of [b]Revelation chapter 12.[/b]
Says the guy who believes that Christians will enjoy a ringside view of billions of innocent people being tortured for eternity.

Plus if you really understood the part of Rev 12 which you say I did not understand which pertains to the devil and his angels you could have said it in a sentence or two. But your explanations are convoluted and go off the point, and your conclusions are quite often wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 May 17

There are those angels, demons and human beings, who do not want to have anything to do with God. They don't want God, or a relationship with God. They don't want His reigning, they don't want His saving. They don't want anything related to Him.

God prepares a place for these. it is a place of their own. God is right to warn us that this place will not ...[text shortened]... ther. No further rebellion can be fermented. No victims of one another can any longer be sought.
Your guess !! Was Michael fighting with atheist in heaven, according to your guess of what revelation says?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 17
1 edit

I don't think you have a good understanding of [b]Romans 2:14[/b]
I haven't looked it up yet. But I could always see something deeper in practically any portion of this wonderful Bible.

So let's take a look. I wrote a song to this passage.

"For when the Gentiles, who have no law do by nature the things of the law, these, though they have no law, are a law to themselves."

I do have some understanding of this verse. As a matter of fact I could offer examples of the matter in the Bible.

What would you propose I am missing?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Your guess !! Was Michael fighting with atheist in heaven, according to your guess of what revelation says?
Boo-hoo, nobody reads my posts.
Boo-hoo.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 May 17

Boo-hoo, nobody reads my posts.
Boo-hoo.
Your post did not address that point.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 17

I haven't looked it up yet. But I could always see something deeper in practically any portion of this wonderful Bible.

So let's take a look. I wrote a song to this passage.

[b] "For when the Gentiles, who have no law do by nature the things of the law, these, though they have no law, are a law to themselves."

I do have some ...[text shortened]... fact I could offer examples of the matter in the Bible.

What would you propose I am missing?[/b]
Would God, do you think, eternally punish a non believer who has, by his nature alone, adhered to the law God wrote on his heart?