Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    29 Oct '14 12:54
    This seems new.

Four black men from Chicago - Mark Carter, Paul McKinley, Harold Ward, and Joseph Watkins, all former inmates, pointing out the obvious truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUSRZo1BE5o
  2. 29 Oct '14 13:01
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    This seems new.

Four black men from Chicago - Mark Carter, Paul McKinley, Harold Ward, and Joseph Watkins, all former inmates, pointing out the obvious truth.

Paul McKinley?

I hate to say this, but he ran as a Republican against Jesse Jackson Jr. and lost. You remember Jesse, he basically was in a straight jacket because of mental problems, yet the fine voters of Chicago elected him anyway. He was so far gone, he could not even run a campaign, yet won anyway.

So there are 4 black guys against a city? Is this your "awakening"?
  3. 29 Oct '14 13:41
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    This seems new.

Impressive, but how many in Detroit will hear it? And I don't advocate black folks voting en masse for Republicans. Any constituency which predictably votes one way, can guarantee that politicians will take their votes for granted, and their wishes and/orneeds will be ignored by both parties.
  4. 29 Oct '14 16:02
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Impressive, but how many in Detroit will hear it? And I don't advocate black folks voting en masse for Republicans. Any constituency which predictably votes one way, can guarantee that politicians will take their votes for granted, and their wishes and/orneeds will be ignored by both parties.
    I'm not sure that is true esp. in the US where turnout is usually low. Obama had a similar share of the vote among minority voters as Kerry did, but won in part due to a higher turnout among minority voters.
  5. 29 Oct '14 16:59
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I'm not sure that is true esp. in the US where turnout is usually low. Obama had a similar share of the vote among minority voters as Kerry did, but won in part due to a higher turnout among minority voters.
    No doubt turn out is important in election results, but quite clearly Obama is far more responsive to the fat cat bankers who donated money than to the brethren who turned out for him. Faithful block voting rarely gets the constituency what they are seeking.

How does anyone refute what those four black men say? There is no more faithful constituency than urban blacks, and Democrats control everything in cities like Detroit and Chicago. They have bones tossed their way, like free abortions, but most policy ends up being detrimental to their long term best interests.
  6. 30 Oct '14 00:38
    Don't listen to them Detroit. Democrats are for the black folk. Keep vot'in "D"!!