Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 24 Jul '10 00:19
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jul/22/nick-griffin-bnp-queen-palace
  2. 24 Jul '10 00:21
    is the BNP really that bad?

if so, any possibility they can shed their bad lights as the other parties have?

if they've got racists in there, well, 40 years ago so did the Democrats and Republicans and for all i know whatever the UK had back then.

Robert Byrd lasted til this year in the Senate!
  3. 24 Jul '10 00:22
    nice of the Guardian to give you an option of one of TWO loaded questions on their poll:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/2010/jul/22/nick-griffin-monarchy

Was the Palace right to withdraw Nick Griffin's invitation to the Queen's garden party?

61.3% Yes, he was already exploiting the publicity
    38.7% No, it's only given him the martyrdom he seeks
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    24 Jul '10 00:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

if they've got racists in there, well, 40 years ago so did the Democrats and Republicans and for all i know whatever the UK had back then.

Robert Byrd lasted til this year in the Senate!
    Didn't Byrd see the error of his ways, recant, and reframe himself, ages ago? If so why do you say he was still a racist "til this year in the Senate"?
  5. 24 Jul '10 00:37
    yeah, so is Nick Griffin a racist?

is BNP the UK equiv of KKK?

or is it that the BNP party WAS racist and should be welcomed back to the fold, like Byrd was?

i think the Dems and GOP should have targeted the KKK members in their own ranks. on the other hand, probably difficult to find many people with clean hands at the time Byrd was elected. maybe they were ALL like that and so didn't feel the need to look too deep.
  6. 24 Jul '10 00:39
    and, i said he lasted til this year in the Senate.

congressional positions are jobs that people are lined up for. no need to scrape the bottom of the barrel filling them. but, on the other hand, (other hand already stated above).

Nathan Bedford Forrest redeemed himself, post-war. no1m can't get his head around that, as i recall, but i don't remember where no1m stands on Byrd.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    24 Jul '10 00:46 / 3 edits
    yeah, so is Nick Griffin a racist?

is BNP the UK equiv of KKK?

or is it that the BNP party WAS racist and should be welcomed back to the fold, like Byrd was?

i think the Dems and GOP should have targeted the KKK members in their own ranks. on the other hand, probably difficult to find many people with clean hands at the time Byrd was elected. maybe they were ALL like that and so didn't feel the need to look too deep.
    No, the BNP claims to be indigenous, and since they have plenty of Celts among them, I suppose many of them are. The equivalent in the USA would be a "La Raza" (or "American Indian" ) political party.
  8. 24 Jul '10 00:49
    AIM minus the militants.
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    24 Jul '10 01:26 / 1 edit
    is it that the BNP party WAS racist and should be welcomed back to the fold, like Byrd was?
    Does Byrd's agenda or 40 year track record bare resemblance to the BNP's web site and their 2010 election manifesto?
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    24 Jul '10 01:52
    I wonder if BNP thinks America should go to indigenous Americans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6uDpiX3nCE
  11. 24 Jul '10 04:43
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I wonder if BNP thinks America should go to indigenous Americans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6uDpiX3nCE
    if we go back to England we're taking our swag with us.

see how you like living on one big reservation.
  12. 24 Jul '10 04:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does Byrd's agenda or 40 year track record bare resemblance to the BNP's web site and their 2010 election manifesto?
    did you read post #2 which provided more questions for the thread topic?

answer that first!

p.s., your use of the word "bare" looks incorrect, probably should be "bear", unless it's a British quaintness.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    24 Jul '10 04:55
    if we go back to England we're taking our swag with us.

see how you like living on one big reservation.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out like you hit the Red Man on the way in.
  14. 24 Jul '10 05:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out like you hit the Red Man on the way in.
    here ya go, knock yourself out:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=tuba+city,+az&sll=35.5054,-103.656006&sspn=0.011354,0.02547&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Tuba+City,+Coconino,+Arizona&ll=36.187048,-111.068838&spn=0.002641,0.012735&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=36.187392,-111.070288&panoid=vr3-vIaERwd9yPiQpBAl3g&cbp=12,112.93,,0,5
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    24 Jul '10 05:23
    did you read post #2 which provided more questions for the thread topic?

answer that first!

p.s., your use of the word "bare" looks incorrect, probably should be "bear", unless it's a British quaintness.
    'bare' is a typo.

With what justification do you impy that Byrd was a racist "until last year"?