Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    16 Dec '16 11:59
    It's time for Democrats to end the mourning period, stop whining, and start evaluating what went wrong. You folks had a politically damaged candidate who bullied her way to the nomination via super delegates (not smart) you had your noses too far in the air, in your headlong drive to attract minorities you made the working class white man feel like a 2nd class citizen, and rather than listen to what voters wanted, focused to hard on your demographic reports. So, stop sniveling, and do a better job next time.
  2. 16 Dec '16 12:33
    Originally posted by mchill
    It's time for Democrats to end the mourning period, stop whining, and start evaluating what went wrong. You folks had a politically damaged candidate who bullied her way to the nomination via super delegates (not smart) you had your noses too far in the air, in your headlong drive to attract minorities you made the working class white man feel like a 2nd clas ...[text shortened]... focused to hard on your demographic reports. So, stop sniveling, and do a better job next time.
    Hillary 2020!
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    16 Dec '16 12:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    It's time for Democrats to end the mourning period, stop whining, and start evaluating what went wrong. You folks had a politically damaged candidate who bullied her way to the nomination via super delegates (not smart) you had your noses too far in the air, in your headlong drive to attract minorities you made the working class white man feel like a 2nd clas ...[text shortened]... focused to hard on your demographic reports. So, stop sniveling, and do a better job next time.
    Agreed. What particularly annoyed me, was that Dems were willing to turn a blind eye to Hillary's flaws just because one candidate was worse. In fact, the mere mention of Hillary's flaws was regarded as support for the other candidate. Hillary was too "safe" of a choice, meaning she had name recognition, and was seen as the best option to beat Trump, rather than as the best candidate. This was a bad idea, in an election when an unconventional candidate was ripping up the Republican primaries.

    I'm glad Hillary's not president.
  4. 16 Dec '16 13:13
    Originally posted by mchill
    It's time for Democrats to end the mourning period, stop whining, and start evaluating what went wrong. You folks had a politically damaged candidate who bullied her way to the nomination via super delegates (not smart) you had your noses too far in the air, in your headlong drive to attract minorities you made the working class white man feel like a 2nd clas ...[text shortened]... focused to hard on your demographic reports. So, stop sniveling, and do a better job next time.
    It does seem, at some point soon, they likely will successfully follow this advice.
  5. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    16 Dec '16 14:52
    Originally posted by vivify
    Agreed. What particularly annoyed me, was that Dems were willing to turn a blind eye to Hillary's flaws just because one candidate was worse. In fact, the mere mention of Hillary's flaws was regarded as support for the other candidate. Hillary was too "safe" of a choice, meaning she had name recognition, and was seen as the best option to beat Trump, rathe ...[text shortened]... entional candidate was ripping up the Republican primaries.

    I'm glad Hillary's not president.
    What's sad for Democrat's is I think Bernie might have beaten Trump. But the DNC demonized him to get her in.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    16 Dec '16 15:39
    Originally posted by mchill
    It's time for Democrats to end the mourning period, stop whining, and start evaluating what went wrong. You folks had a politically damaged candidate who bullied her way to the nomination via super delegates (not smart) you had your noses too far in the air, in your headlong drive to attract minorities you made the working class white man feel like a 2nd clas ...[text shortened]... focused to hard on your demographic reports. So, stop sniveling, and do a better job next time.
    The Right never gets over anything and they win elections bc of it it's time to do as they do
  7. 16 Dec '16 20:15
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    What's sad for Democrat's is I think Bernie might have beaten Trump. But the DNC demonized him to get her in.
    Character assassination is all they know.
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    17 Dec '16 08:53
    Originally posted by mchill
    It's time for Democrats to end the mourning period, stop whining, and start evaluating what went wrong. You folks had a politically damaged candidate who bullied her way to the nomination via super delegates (not smart) you had your noses too far in the air, in your headlong drive to attract minorities you made the working class white man feel like a 2nd clas ...[text shortened]... focused to hard on your demographic reports. So, stop sniveling, and do a better job next time.
    Come on, man. I voted for Bernie in the primaries too, but you didn't see me crying about it like I just lost my binky. I got behind Hillary because obviously, she was the only qualified candidate. I only started crying after the Republicans had engineered the election right out from under her. And yes, by "engineered", I mean "stolen".

    And yes, the "white man" needs to get a grip and grow up and deal with the reality of becoming a minority in this country. Karma's a bitch.
  9. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    17 Dec '16 08:54
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    What's sad for Democrat's is I think Bernie might have beaten Trump. But the DNC demonized him to get her in.
    Like Republicans would've voted for a "socialist". Right.
  10. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    17 Dec '16 09:00
    Originally posted by vivify
    Agreed. What particularly annoyed me, was that Dems were willing to turn a blind eye to Hillary's flaws just because one candidate was worse. In fact, the mere mention of Hillary's flaws was regarded as support for the other candidate. Hillary was too "safe" of a choice, meaning she had name recognition, and was seen as the best option to beat Trump, rathe ...[text shortened]... entional candidate was ripping up the Republican primaries.

    I'm glad Hillary's not president.
    What?? The Republicans are still "turning a blind eye" to Trump's ineptitude and unfit-ness for the job of President.

    But like Putin, they know they can out-maneuver him and get him to push their agendas. All they have to do is feed into his narcissism, and he's their best bud.
  11. Standard member vivify
    rain
    17 Dec '16 15:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What?? The Republicans are still "turning a blind eye" to Trump's ineptitude and unfit-ness for the job of President.

    But like Putin, they know they can out-maneuver him and get him to push their agendas. All they have to do is feed into his narcissism, and he's their best bud.
    True. But that's expected of Republicans by this point. It's not something I expected from Democrats.
  12. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    17 Dec '16 15:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Like Republicans would've voted for a "socialist". Right.
    I wouldn't, I'm not sure who was worse of the two, but some Bernie supporters went with Trump and some stayed home.
  13. 17 Dec '16 22:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne to Mchill
    Come on, man. I voted for Bernie in the primaries too, but you didn't see me crying about it like I just lost my binky. I got behind Hillary because obviously, she was the only qualified candidate. I only started crying after the Republicans had engineered the election right out from under her. And yes, by "engineered", I mean "stolen".

    And ...[text shortened]... and grow up and deal with the reality of becoming a minority in this country. Karma's a bitch.
    Much of 'Hillary-bashing' in this male-dominated forum seems motivated by misogyny.
    Hillary Clinton's campaign was a narrow failure, not the abject disaster claimed by her haters.

    I note with disdain the extreme arrogance of cocksure writers who seem certain that Bernie Sanders
    would have defeated Donald Trump. There may have been some polls several months
    before the November election suggesting it, but the polls also indicated Hillary Clinton would win.

    In reality, we cannot know what would have happened if Bernie Sanders had become
    the Democratic nominee for President and then been ruthlessly attacked for months by
    Donald Trump and the Republican Party propaganda machine. Although Bernie Sanders
    may have drawn some 'progressives' who were unwilling to vote for Hillary Clinton, he
    presumably would have lost the support of some more conservative Democrats.

    How ready would the USA have been to elect a secular Jewish socialist as its President in 2016?
    Looking at the Senate, there's only one secular Jewish socialist member out of 100 there.
  14. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    18 Dec '16 08:55
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Looking at the Senate, there's only one secular Jewish socialist member out of 100 there.
    US is less than 3% Jewish and there are 16 Jewish Senators.
    Not sure about their political stance.
    But Jews seem over represented.

    I don't see that as a problem but perhaps you do?
  15. 18 Dec '16 09:04
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Much of 'Hillary-bashing' in this male-dominated forum seems motivated by misogyny.
    Hillary Clinton's campaign was a narrow failure, not the abject disaster claimed by her haters.

    I note with disdain the extreme arrogance of cocksure writers who seem certain that Bernie Sanders
    would have defeated Donald Trump. There may have been some polls several ...[text shortened]... 2016?
    Looking at the Senate, there's only one secular Jewish socialist member out of 100 there.
    Republicans would have hammered the "rape"-essay endlessly and Sanders would have fared poorly with minorities and Midwest conservative-ish Democrats. It is far from obvious that Sanders' stronger support among millennials would have been decisive.

    I think Joe Biden would have beaten Trump quite easily.