Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Sep '15 02:132 edits
    http://news.yahoo.com/gop-candidate-carson-muslims-shouldnt-elected-president-130119296--election.html

    Ben Carson just threw the election. He came out and said that no Muslim should be allowed to be President.

    Granted, I have no desire to see it either, but it clearly is not in the Constitution that a Muslim cannot be President.

    I've had it with the GOP. I just can't take it anymore.

    I've come to the conclusion that the GOP intentionally throws elections. They generate a following from understandably desperate pissed off voters and then say something out of the blue like, "Did I mention that I have purple cows coming out of my arse?"

    I've never seen this level of incompetence in any organization on the face of the planet. They got Obama elected twice and now will do the same for Hildabeast. I just can't take it anymore. 😞

    Admit it, I could run against Hillary and win. It's just that easy.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Joined
    24 Feb '09
    Moves
    175970
    21 Sep '15 02:531 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/gop-candidate-carson-muslims-shouldnt-elected-president-130119296--election.html

    Ben Carson just threw the election. He came out and said that no Muslim should be allowed to be President.

    Granted, I have no desire to see it either, but it clearly is not in the Constitution that a Muslim cannot be President.

    I've had it with th ...[text shortened]... an't take it anymore. 😞

    Admit it, I could run against Hillary and win. It's just that easy.
    You need to watch the video of the interview.
    Not just quote headlines from yahoo.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/20/ben-carson-i-would-not-advocate-that-we-put-a-muslim-in-charge-of-u-s/
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13030
    21 Sep '15 04:391 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/gop-candidate-carson-muslims-shouldnt-elected-president-130119296--election.html

    Ben Carson just threw the election. He came out and said that no Muslim should be allowed to be President.

    Granted, I have no desire to see it either, but it clearly is not in the Constitution that a Muslim cannot be President.

    I've had it with th ...[text shortened]... an't take it anymore. 😞

    Admit it, I could run against Hillary and win. It's just that easy.
    I wonder if Carson is aware that we already have a Muslim as President.

    YouTube
  4. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    21 Sep '15 07:41
    Originally posted by whodey

    Granted, I have no desire to see it either, but it clearly is not in the Constitution that a Muslim cannot be President.
    Clearly. But on these forums you argued in favour of a Constitutional amendment specifically to target Muslims, so why are you so outraged by Carson's suggestion to do the same?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Sep '15 08:031 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Clearly. But on these forums you argued in favour of a Constitutional amendment specifically to target Muslims, so why are you so outraged by Carson's suggestion to do the same?
    i would be outraged because his spineless pandering to what he perceives are his voters is not a good quality for a president and he was the least sleazy/idiotic/ashole of the bunch. so if i were a republican i would be annoyed to see one of the few non insane choices turn out to be a dud

    sadly, it turns out he is an awful politician. maybe he will improve until next time
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Sep '15 10:59
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Clearly. But on these forums you argued in favour of a Constitutional amendment specifically to target Muslims, so why are you so outraged by Carson's suggestion to do the same?
    Really? And which Constitutional amendment is that exactly?

    It is no secret that I'm no fan of Mo, but saying that I've supported a Constitutional Amendment against them is something else altogether
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Sep '15 11:01
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i would be outraged because his spineless pandering to what he perceives are his voters is not a good quality for a president and he was the least sleazy/idiotic/ashole of the bunch. so if i were a republican i would be annoyed to see one of the few non insane choices turn out to be a dud

    sadly, it turns out he is an awful politician. maybe he will improve until next time
    I don't think he is pandering, but I could be wrong.

    I think what he was trying to say was that Islam and freedom have very little in common, and since the US is based in freedom the two are incompatible.

    But then again, after this statement of his I'm not sure what to think of Carson.
  8. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    21 Sep '15 11:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    Really? And which Constitutional amendment is that exactly?

    It is no secret that I'm no fan of Mo, but saying that I've supported a Constitutional Amendment against them is something else altogether
    You argued in favour of legislation targeted specifically at Muslims and this would require, at the very least, the repeal of the First Amendment which currently prohibits criminalizing thoughtcrime.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7306
    21 Sep '15 11:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Admit it, I could run against Hillary and win. It's just that easy.
    Feel free - the rest of the world could do with the entertainment.
  10. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56305
    21 Sep '15 11:26
    I don't think that any person who still believes in gods, fairies or laissez faire capitalism should be eligible to run a bloody country.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Sep '15 11:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    I don't think he is pandering, but I could be wrong.

    I think what he was trying to say was that Islam and freedom have very little in common, and since the US is based in freedom the two are incompatible.

    But then again, after this statement of his I'm not sure what to think of Carson.
    he is a surgeon. he was asked if donald trump should keep his idiot mouth shut when talking stupid about vaccines. he was unable to deliver a straight answer, instead mumbling at some point about freedom.

    at least in that instance, he was pandering to the freedom nutcases.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Sep '15 16:41
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You argued in favour of legislation targeted specifically at Muslims and this would require, at the very least, the repeal of the First Amendment which currently prohibits criminalizing thoughtcrime.
    I don't recall such a thread. Show me.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Sep '15 16:42
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he is a surgeon. he was asked if donald trump should keep his idiot mouth shut when talking stupid about vaccines. he was unable to deliver a straight answer, instead mumbling at some point about freedom.

    at least in that instance, he was pandering to the freedom nutcases.
    Freedom nutcases?

    Nice.
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    21 Sep '15 17:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he is a surgeon. he was asked if donald trump should keep his idiot mouth shut when talking stupid about vaccines. he was unable to deliver a straight answer, instead mumbling at some point about freedom.

    at least in that instance, he was pandering to the freedom nutcases.
    If the man is a surgeon he's probably smarter than Trump.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    21 Sep '15 17:45
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    You need to watch the video of the interview.
    Not just quote headlines from yahoo.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/20/ben-carson-i-would-not-advocate-that-we-put-a-muslim-in-charge-of-u-s/
    “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation,” Carson said.

    The Yahoo headline accurately reflects Carson's statement as given in your link.
Back to Top