Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 20 Mar '17 21:34
    No evidence of the Obama Admin. wire tapping Trump. Lots of information implicating Trump and his team in colluding with a hostile foreign power to swing a U.S. presidential election. Isn't that treason?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/fbi-investigation-trump-russia-comey.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
  2. 20 Mar '17 21:41 / 1 edit
    Conspiracy freight train, all aboard!!!!

I reckon Comey will put Trump in jail with Hillary.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    20 Mar '17 21:43
    If it were found that Trump indeed received help from Russia, I doubt anything would happen to him. To language used was that his "cabinet members" were being investigated.

This means that if any collusion were found with Russia, it would only result in certain people resigning, after releasing public statements where they admit a "misstep", but no actual wrong doing. No one's going to jail, because Trump they'd take Trump down with them if they did.
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    20 Mar '17 21:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Conspiracy freight train, all aboard!!!!

I reckon Comey will put Trump in jail with Hillary.
    You wouldn't call it a "conspiracy" if Obama were being investigated.

You're going to attempt some kind of sarcastic response; just don't forget you're a shameless hypocrite as you do so.
  5. 20 Mar '17 21:52
    Clearly there is a disparity between what the NYT is reporting and what the FBI has actually said.

American intelligence agencies concluded in January that the President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia personally ordered a covert effort to hurt Hillary Clinton’s chances and aid Mr. Trump. That included the hacking of political targets including the Democratic National Committee and releasing embarrassing emails through the website WikiLeaks.

Mr. Comey said the F.B.I. was “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

www.nytimes.com

Responding to a question from Rep. Jim Himes about the president’s Twitter post that “The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process,” Comey said: “We’ve offered no opinion, have no view and have no information on potential impact because it’s never something we looked at.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-20/comey-russians-concluded-trump-was-hopeless-last-august
  6. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    20 Mar '17 21:58
    Originally posted by Phranny
    No evidence of the Obama Admin. wire tapping Trump. Lots of information implicating Trump and his team in colluding with a hostile foreign power to swing a U.S. presidential election. Isn't that treason?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/fbi-investigation-trump-russia-comey.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
    I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me that falsely accusing a former President of a felony should have some legal penalty attached to it.
  7. Standard member vivify
    rain
    20 Mar '17 22:30
    Originally posted by mchill
    I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me that falsely accusing a former President of a felony should have some legal penalty attached to it.
    If Trump offered no evidence for his claim, that could possibly be considered slander. But since Trump offered a Fox News interview as the source of his claim, that probably lets him off the hook.
  8. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    20 Mar '17 22:47
    This is just an opinion, but it makes sense....
    Message to Trump Is Stop the ‘Drain-the-Swamp Stuff’ or Face Impeachment

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/03/20/limbaugh-comey-hearing-message-trump-stop-drain-swamp-stuff-face-impeachment/
  9. Standard member vivify
    rain
    20 Mar '17 22:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This is just an opinion, but it makes sense....
    [b]Message to Trump Is Stop the ‘Drain-the-Swamp Stuff’ or Face Impeachment

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/03/20/limbaugh-comey-hearing-message-trump-stop-drain-swamp-stuff-face-impeachment/[/b]
    Just an opinion, but....

You can only get impeached if you've been doing something illegal.
  10. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    20 Mar '17 23:04
    Originally posted by vivify
    Just an opinion, but....

You can only get impeached if you've been doing something illegal.
    These people are good at inventing "illegal". You are naive to think the establishment plays by a set of rules.
  11. Standard member vivify
    rain
    20 Mar '17 23:10 / 1 edit
    These people are good at inventing "illegal". You are naive to think the establishment plays by a set of rules.
    Or, maybe Those Reps know of some illegal things Trump has done.
  12. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    20 Mar '17 23:14
    Originally posted by vivify
    Or, maybe Those Reps know of some illegal things Trump has done.
    The establishment is reps and dems. They run things and want to keep the status quo. Trump is upsetting the apple cart and they are nervous and desperate. Follow the money.
  13. Standard member vivify
    rain
    21 Mar '17 00:06
    The establishment is reps and dems. They run things and want to keep the status quo. Trump is upsetting the apple cart and they are nervous and desperate. Follow the money.
    Oh, please. Trump is a rich white man who favors Christians and advancing corporate interests. Trump is the epitome of Republican "establishment".
  14. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    21 Mar '17 01:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Clearly there is a disparity between what the NYT is reporting and what the FBI has actually said.

American intelligence agencies concluded in January that the President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia personally ordered a covert effort to hurt Hillary Clinton’s chances and aid Mr. Trump. That included the hacking of political targets including the De ...[text shortened]... http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-20/comey-russians-concluded-trump-was-hopeless-last-august
    Where's the disparity?
    NYT refers to Comey's testimony on covert efforts to hurt Clinton and help Trump.
    Zeronews refers to "potential impact" -- an issue the FBI didn't look at.
  15. 21 Mar '17 02:36 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by vivify to Checkbaiter
    Oh, please. Trump is a rich white man who favors Christians and advancing corporate interests.
    Trump is the epitome of Republican "establishment".
    "[Donald] Trump is the epitome of Republican "establishment"."
    --Vivify

Many American political analysts (both Democrats and Republicans) strongly dispute Vivify's cocksure position.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/01/20/daily-202-donald-trump-completes-hostile-takeover-of-washington-puts-both-parties-on-notice/588254a6e9b69b432bc7e050/

"Donald Trump Completes Hostile Takeover of Washington, Puts Both Parties on Notice"

"THE BIG IDEA: President Trump completed his hostile takeover of the Republican Party
    last July, and on Friday he completed his hostile, if temporary, takeover of Washington."

Can Vivify comprehend what 'hostile takeover of the Republican Party' means?

"No president has ever before referred to “the establishment” in his inaugural address ..."

Donald Trump has no love of the Republican Party 'establishment', which aimed to block his nomination.

"The last time a Republican was president, Trump was still a registered Democrat."

Did being a rather recently registered Democrat enhance Donald Trump as 'the epitome
    of the Republican 'establishment'" (to quote Vivify)?

"His [Donald Trump's] improbable success should be viewed mainly as the triumph of
    an independent populist who used the splintered GOP as a vehicle to win power."

I concur.

I loathe both US President Trump and the Republican Party establishment.
    But I am not ignorant or foolish enough to believe that they must be the same thing.