Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52855
    29 Sep '18 04:242 edits
    OMG. Just found out TRUMP had to order the investigation. So they contacted the head of the FBI, found out he was not available, and then they make a call:

    Hello, Mr. Rosenstein (!!!) Do you think you can start an FBI investigation on the Kavanaugh accusations?

    HELL YES! They are working on that as we speak!!!.

    Oh the irony.....

    I can see two people holding on to their asses VERY tightly right now😉
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    29 Sep '18 04:55
    It's a circus, but what a thrill ride! Who knows what will happen next?

    I'm through speculating; after the hearing, I thought Kavanaugh was toast. Then after Flake announced he would vote "yes", I figured it was all over and he'd be confirmed. Now? I have no clue.

    Grab the popcorn.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138624
    29 Sep '18 06:351 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    It's a circus, but what a thrill ride! Who knows what will happen next?

    I'm through speculating; after the hearing, I thought Kavanaugh was toast. Then after Flake announced he would vote "yes", I figured it was all over and he'd be confirmed. Now? I have no clue.

    Grab the popcorn.
    I think he's going through.
    Flake pushed the process forward 1 square with a yes vote in the committee tally, then hit a pause button to allow a quicky FBI investigation which will be a sham.
    And then get the vote in.
    Only unknown is the 18 women who are GOP Senators and how they react to the outcome.

    Gut feel is this will be swept under the carpet.
  4. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88886
    29 Sep '18 06:44
    Oh what a circus, oh what a show...
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14743
    29 Sep '18 10:09
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    OMG. Just found out TRUMP had to order the investigation. So they contacted the head of the FBI, found out he was not available, and then they make a call:

    Hello, Mr. Rosenstein (!!!) Do you think you can start an FBI investigation on the Kavanaugh accusations?

    HELL YES! They are working on that as we speak!!!.

    Oh the irony.....

    I can see two people holding on to their asses VERY tightly right now😉
    I heard it was an FBI background check on Kav. Is that different than an investigation?
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81366
    29 Sep '18 11:17
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    OMG. Just found out TRUMP had to order the investigation. So they contacted the head of the FBI, found out he was not available, and then they make a call:

    Hello, Mr. Rosenstein (!!!) Do you think you can start an FBI investigation on the Kavanaugh accusations?

    HELL YES! They are working on that as we speak!!!.

    Oh the irony.....

    I can see two people holding on to their asses VERY tightly right now😉
    What is to investigate?

    The same people we have already heard from? Do you think they are going to change their mind and say I lied now put me in prison for 5 yrs? I hope they investigate BOTH sides. Find out why ford lied about flying, find out if she was lying when she said she didn't know about offer to come to her. If she was telling the truth about that her lawyers should be charged with applicable rules violations and disbarred Find out who leaked her story, was it Feinstein?


    For me the one provable lie is enough to disregard all her claims per Blumenthal's own statement.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35850
    29 Sep '18 11:19
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    What is to investigate?

    The same people we have already heard from? Do you think they are going to change their mind and say I lied now put me in prison for 5 yrs? I hope they investigate BOTH sides. Find out why ford lied about flying, find out if she was lying when she said she didn't know about offer to come to her. If she was telling the trut ...[text shortened]... or me the one provable lie is enough to disregard all her claims per Blumenthal's own statement.
    HE is under investigation, fool, not her.

    Let's get those other victims in there and give their stories some light of day, too.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35850
    29 Sep '18 11:20
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    What is to investigate?

    The same people we have already heard from? Do you think they are going to change their mind and say I lied now put me in prison for 5 yrs? I hope they investigate BOTH sides. Find out why ford lied about flying, find out if she was lying when she said she didn't know about offer to come to her. If she was telling the trut ...[text shortened]... or me the one provable lie is enough to disregard all her claims per Blumenthal's own statement.
    And WHAT "provable" lie is that?
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81366
    29 Sep '18 11:24
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And WHAT "provable" lie is that?
    I would say don't act stupid...but...
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81366
    29 Sep '18 11:25
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    HE is under investigation, fool, not her.

    Let's get those other victims in there and give their stories some light of day, too.
    No hun, he is not under investigation!
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81366
    29 Sep '18 11:29
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    HE is under investigation, fool, not her.

    Let's get those other victims in there and give their stories some light of day, too.
    I don't think you want to hear their story.

    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/27/dabney-friedrich-refutes-mothers-anonymous-accusat/
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52855
    29 Sep '18 11:52
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    I heard it was an FBI background check on Kav. Is that different than an investigation?
    The difference is a real criminal investigation means they can subpoena people and force them to testify under threat of jail if they don't. Background check means they don't have that power and the subject being questioned can tell them to get fukked and there is no power to force them to say anything.

    That said, Mark Judge through his lawyer said he would fully cooperate with the FBI so there will be damning testimony.

    Some of the bad stuff may not even be about the sexual assault because K swore under oath he never drank so much he could not remember the next day but there are several people who will testify they KNOW he drank to the point of puking as did almost all the members of his fraternity. One woman who was a roommate for a while will testify the bathroom was the puke room where it was constantly full of puke and nobody cleaned it up.
    There were nominees dropped because of just that one thing. It is not going to help K.

    That is BESIDES the sexual allegations.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52855
    29 Sep '18 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I would say don't act stupid...but...
    If one person lied that still leaves a bunch of other witnesses who won't. Besides they can be prosecuted for perjury if they are caught lying.

    Here is the deal: If he lies about the small stuff like excess drinking, he can't be credible about the big stuff.
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56317
    29 Sep '18 12:10
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Oh what a circus, oh what a show...
    Antonio Banderas!
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81366
    29 Sep '18 12:40
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    The difference is a real criminal investigation means they can subpoena people and force them to testify under threat of jail if they don't. Background check means they don't have that power and the subject being questioned can tell them to get fukked and there is no power to force them to say anything.

    That said, Mark Judge through his lawyer said he ...[text shortened]... e of just that one thing. It is not going to help K.

    That is BESIDES the sexual allegations.
    Come on man, surely you are not this ignorant of the situation. This IS NOT a criminal investigation. The FBI cannot force anyone to do anything. This is not a police state YET. And besides, all her so called witnesses have voluntarily said they would cooperate.
Back to Top