Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 19:242 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I have shown no such bias; explaining the law to those with such biases on either side as I have constantly had to do here doesn't show anything but a greater knowledge of the law than those who post their "expert" opinions on subjects they actually know little about.

Z's question wasn't to me as far as I can tell (he did not "reply and quote" my pos ...[text shortened]... do come forward but that is a difficult, personal decision I would not second guess either way.
    The Me-too movement attempts to spur men to become more aware of their own deep
    sexist biases, which they have absorbed while growing up in a dominant sexist culture.
    Of course, the arrogant No1Marauder feels, as usual, that he has nothing to learn,
    particularly from mere women.

"Z's question wasn't to me as far as I can tell ..."
    --No1Marauder

Given the position of Zahlanzi's post, IMMEDIATELY AFTER two posts by No1Marauder,
    to whom else does No1Marauder imagine that Zahlanzi directed his implied question?
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 20:14
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The Me-too movement attempts to spur men to become more aware of their own deep
    sexist biases, which they have absorbed while growing up in a dominant sexist culture.
    Of course, the arrogant No1Marauder feels, as usual, that he has nothing to learn,
    particularly from mere women.

"Z's question wasn't to me as far as I can tell ..."
    --No1Marauder
    ...[text shortened]... No1Marauder,
    to whom else does No1Marauder imagine that Zahlanzi directed his implied question?
    You'd have to ask him, but it appears to supporters of Kavanaugh and critics of Blasey Ford attacking the latter for not coming forward earlier. Since I don't fit into any of those categories, the question doesn't seem to be addressed to me but I answered it anyway.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 21:18
    And here's a couple of interesting articles on "boofing" which, for some absurd reason, Kavanaugh claimed had something to do with flatulence:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2018/09/29/what-exactly-is-boofing-and-why-you-should-never-do-it/#d60a1c52a94d

https://therooster.com/blog/boofing-drugs-up-your-butt-isn%E2%80%99t-as-easy-as-it-seems-0
    and you are too stupid to understand he willingly provided the diary? do you really think he would have if the terms meant what you say? Grasping!
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 21:24
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    and you are too stupid to understand he willingly provided the diary? do you really think he would have if the terms meant what you say? Grasping!
    What "diary"? It was in his high school yearbook which everybody in his senior class had access to.

Kavanaugh lied about the meaning of the term because the truth would have hurt the image he tried to project at the hearing i.e. that of a respectable, church going, serious student who only occasionally drank and never to excess. People like that don't ask their friends in a yearbook if they have "Boofed yet?"
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 23:20
    What "diary"? It was in his high school yearbook which everybody in his senior class had access to.

Kavanaugh lied about the meaning of the term because the truth would have hurt the image he tried to project at the hearing i.e. that of a respectable, church going, serious student who only occasionally drank and never to excess. People like that don't ask their friends in a yearbook if they have "Boofed yet?"
    was he afraid of flying?
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 23:26
    More potential Kavanaugh perjury. While he told the Committee that the first time he heard of Deborah Ramirez's allegation was when it was published in the New Yorker on September 24th in fact:

The texts between Berchem and Karen Yarasavage, both friends of Kavanaugh, suggest that the nominee was personally talking with former classmates about Ramirez’s story in advance of the New Yorker article that made her allegation public. In one message, Yarasavage said Kavanaugh asked her to go on the record in his defense. Two other messages show communication between Kavanaugh's team and former classmates in advance of the story.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/mutual-friend-ramirez-kavanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 00:34
    @no1marauder said
    More potential Kavanaugh perjury. While he told the Committee that the first time he heard of Deborah Ramirez's allegation was when it was published in the New Yorker on September 24th in fact:

The texts between Berchem and Karen Yarasavage, both friends of Kavanaugh, suggest that the nominee was personally talking with former classmates about Ramirez’s story in advanc ...[text shortened]... ews.com/politics/supreme-court/mutual-friend-ramirez-kavanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566
    More left wing crowd sourced slander. I hope he can sue people for it.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 01:521 edit
    @sleepyguy said
    "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND": Around November.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 02:07
    @sleepyguy said
    I hope he does. Disclosure in a civil suit isn't controlled by the Trump administration.
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 02:46
    @sleepyguy said
    (Sleepyguy replied to No1Marauder.)

Would Sleepyguy have given the same legal advice to Oscar Wilde?
  11. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 03:43
    @sonhouse said
    "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND": Around November.
    Will you be carrying a sign that says "Newt raped me?" So much hatred
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 21:47
    @kquinn909 said
    Will you be carrying a sign that says "Newt raped me?" So much hatred
    You can't hate aliens. They are just not from the same planet I live on. I pity them, they are robotic stick figure imitations of humanity. If they had any balls they would have rejected Kavanaugh out of hand. But no, party politics overrides humanity.