Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    22 May '13 14:16
    I know I've written about this before, but it seems others feel the same way. Many people feel the GOP leadership is so obsessed with finding fault with Obama, that they are forgetting to do their job as lawmakers.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-blinded-obama-hatred-200500794.html
  2. 22 May '13 14:20
    Why would they "hate" Obama? The GOP criticizes Obama because they hope this will get them votes in the future. Two-party systems are particularly suited to mudslinging, because you just have to make the other guy look bad to get votes, rather than make yourself look good.
  3. 23 May '13 01:47
    Originally posted by bill718
    I know I've written about this before, but it seems others feel the same way. Many people feel the GOP leadership is so obsessed with finding fault with Obama, that they are forgetting to do their job as lawmakers.

Did you feel that way during the non stop attacks on W during his administration?
  4. 23 May '13 02:19
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra to Bill718
    Why would they "hate" Obama? The GOP criticizes Obama because they hope this will get them votes in the future. Two-party systems are particularly suited to mudslinging, because you just have to make the other guy look bad to get votes, rather than make yourself look good.
    I never have been much impressed by Barack Obama, and there many good
    reasons to criticise him and his policies. But just looking at him--he's
    not close to being 'white enough'--has been enough for many right-wing
    white Americans to hate Barack Obama as though he were the Antichrist.
  5. 23 May '13 02:41
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    I never have been much impressed by Barack Obama, and there many good
    reasons to criticise him and his policies. But just looking at him--he's
    not close to being 'white enough'--has been enough for many right-wing
    white Americans to hate Barack Obama as though he were the Antichrist.
    He's a whole lot whiter than Condi Rice, or Herman Caine, who many white Americans would have voted for.
  6. 23 May '13 02:46
    Originally posted by normbenign
    He's a whole lot whiter than Condi Rice, or Herman Caine, who many white Americans would have voted for.
    Barack Obama could not have been elected as the US President without
    the support of many white Americans. Unlike Ms Rice or Mr Caine, he
    had the 'political baggage' of an immigrant Muslim father from Kenya.
    Can Normbenign cite any survey that showed that Ms Rice or Mr Caine
    was much more popular than Mr Obama among white American voters?
  7. 23 May '13 03:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by bill718

I know you probably won't believe this but I don't hate the man. To me he really is an empty suit, for you see, he is the empty suit who employs the policies of the DNC. Any monkey would do. It's like Obamacare. The legislation was so massive it had to be prepared long before Obama came on the scene.
  8. 29 May '13 06:40 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Cain is a laughingstock. There is no way more white Americans would have voted for Cain over Obama.