Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 15 Aug '16 12:31 / 1 edit
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/us/milwaukee-violence-police-shooting/

In Milwaukee these have been riots after another black had been shot by the police.

All that can be known is, the police are racists as well as the criminal justice system, at least, according to left wingers.

Meanwhile in Chicago...........
  2. 15 Aug '16 12:52
    How many law enforcement officers must be shot, how many communities must be looted, and how much more divided will the nation become before Obama officially comes out and embraces law and order instead of continually undermining it as racist?

People who are not represented by a government are usually at war with the said government. As Commander in Chief of the said system, it seems that Obama gets a free pass and does not really believe in the system he runs.
  3. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    16 Aug '16 01:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    How many law enforcement officers must be shot, how many communities must be looted, and how much more divided will the nation become before Obama officially comes out and embraces law and order instead of continually undermining it as racist?

People who are not represented by a government are usually at war with the said government. As Commander in Chief ...[text shortened]... system, it seems that Obama gets a free pass and does not really believe in the system he runs.
    As someone who is always railing on about the evils of "guvamint", you don't seem to believe in that system either. One would think you'd be on the side of the protesters. But I guess they're not the right kind of protesters for you.
  4. Subscriber joe shmo
    Strange Egg
    16 Aug '16 01:38
    Originally posted by rwingett
    As someone who is always railing on about the evils of "guvamint", you don't seem to believe in that system either. One would think you'd be on the side of the protesters. But I guess they're not the right kind of protesters for you.
    They are looters, not protestors. The participants have a combined IQ of 5.
  5. 16 Aug '16 03:03 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by rwingett
    To protest, you must ask what the goal of a protest is. What does it accomplish to loot cities and shoot the police?

Conversely, the peaceful way that MLK went about protesting is perfectly acceptable. In addition, if history is our guide it is the most effective unless you want all out revolution.

If the protesters lower their moral stance to that of whom they are protesting, they simply become what they hare protesting.

Conversely, if you don't lower your moral stance, the sheer weight of your righteous cause will someday crush your opponent.

I can point to a myriad of examples such as Ghandi, Christ, MLK, the protests against apartide, the stance in Poland against the USSR, etc.

But those who take the other root, like Palestinians allowing their children to blow themselves up in the streets, will know nothing but misery and death. And if they somehow accomplish their goal of overthrowing a government, they will simply turn on themselves or another government.
  6. 16 Aug '16 11:02
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    They are looters, not protestors. The participants have a combined IQ of 5.
    yes, how dare they riot because members of their group constantly get killed for no reason by people in power sworn to protect them . they should protest peacefully like the Black Lives Matter movement, no wait, those are terrorists as well.

they should just stay at home and keep quiet.
  7. Subscriber joe shmo
    Strange Egg
    16 Aug '16 11:24
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, how dare they riot because members of their group constantly get killed for no reason by people in power sworn to protect them . they should protest peacefully like the Black Lives Matter movement, no wait, those are terrorists as well.

they should just stay at home and keep quiet.
    The black man that was recently shot in Milwaukee was (as usual) armed and resisting. However, if your such an avid supporter of their cause and believe they are justified for rioting why don't you put your money where your mouth is: Join them in shooting law enforcement, burning gas stations, robbing liquor stores, and dealing out beatings to innocent white citizens?
  8. 16 Aug '16 11:26
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    The black man that was recently shot in Milwaukee was (as usual) armed and resisting. However, if your such an avid supporter of their cause and believe they are justified for rioting why don't you put your money where your mouth is: [b]Join them in shooting law enforcement, burning gas stations, robbing liquor stores, and dealing out beatings to innocent white citizens?[/b]
    you don't have to condone what their doing to understand why they are doing it, you inconsiderate douchebag
  9. 16 Aug '16 12:28
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you don't have to condone what their doing to understand why they are doing it, you inconsiderate douchebag
    There is lots of suffering and poverty in the world and who are exploited, but not all cultures turn violent like they do in the inner cities in the US or in the radical Islamists in the Middle East.
  10. 16 Aug '16 12:31
    [...] the protests against apartide [...]
    My least favourite tide.
  11. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 Aug '16 13:41
    The officer who shot was black. The kid he shot brandished a pistol and didn't put it down when commanded to do so.

So naturally the result is white folks there are attacked.

Makes perfect sense.

Some assshole black kid gets shot by a black officer and whites paid for it.

Don't call me racist for making that remark. Some situations just go beyond ridiculous.
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    16 Aug '16 13:45
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/us/milwaukee-violence-police-shooting/

In Milwaukee these have been riots after another black had been shot by the police.

All that can be known is, the police are racists as well as the criminal justice system, at least, according to left wingers.

Meanwhile in Chicago...........
    Terrible story about thugs running amuck and the shooting in this case may very well have been justified (I'll wait for the investigation to know for certain), but what in the world does this have to do with Obama? Obama never condoned rioting and defended and praised the police after the Dallas shooting. Really, whodey, I may be wasting my time, but why drag in Obama or Hillary every time something happens when this was clearly, clearly outside of his control?
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    16 Aug '16 13:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The officer who shot was black. The kid he shot brandished a pistol and didn't put it down when commanded to do so.

So naturally the result is white folks there are attacked.

Makes perfect sense.

Some assshole black kid gets shot by a black officer and whites paid for it.

Don't call me racist for making that remark. Some situations just go beyond ridiculous.
    I'd wait for the investigation to be completed to draw a final conclusion, but you're probably exactly right.
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    16 Aug '16 13:47

People who are not represented by a government are usually at war with the said government. As Commander in Chief ...[text shortened]... system, it seems that Obama gets a free pass and does not really believe in the system he runs.
    He's Commander in Chief of the military, not every local police force in the country.
  15. 16 Aug '16 14:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Terrible story about thugs running amuck and the shooting in this case may very well have been justified (I'll wait for the investigation to know for certain), but what in the world does this have to do with Obama? Obama never condoned rioting and defended and praised the police after the Dallas shooting. Really, whodey, I may be wasting my time, but why drag i ...[text shortened]... a or Hillary every time something happens when this was clearly, clearly outside of his control?
    Because they race bait, along with the entire DNC. All of their opponents are racists. They also don't back up law enforcement once a court of law has cleared them of wrong doing.

It's really not that hard to understand. They are encouraging minorities to feel as though they live in a racist nation with an unjust judicial system. It is the sort of rhetoric that leads to shootings of innocent law enforcement and plundering of neighborhoods.