Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Apr '16 14:432 edits
    http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/04/10/nc-representative-fires-back-paypal-hypocrisy/

    As many know, musicians and now PayPal are boycotting NC because they don't like some of the laws they passed.

    So how is this different from a baker refusing to bake a cake?

    Is refusing to provide someone a service Constitutional only if the political power that be agree with your particular ideology?
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    19 Apr '16 15:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/04/10/nc-representative-fires-back-paypal-hypocrisy/

    As many know, musicians and now PayPal are boycotting NC because they don't like some of the laws they passed.

    So how is this different from a baker refusing to bake a cake?

    Is refusing to provide someone a service Constitutional only if the political power that be agree with your particular ideology?
    It isn't any different. People can withhold their labor and products in political protest. Why not?
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    12727
    19 Apr '16 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/04/10/nc-representative-fires-back-paypal-hypocrisy/

    As many know, musicians and now PayPal are boycotting NC because they don't like some of the laws they passed.

    So how is this different from a baker refusing to bake a cake?

    Is refusing to provide someone a service Constitutional only if the political power that be agree with your particular ideology?
    PayPal, now in Egypt!

    https://www.paypal.com/eg/webapps/mpp/ahlan

    This is the same Egypt where being gay is considered obscene and gets you arrested.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/world/africa/egypts-gay-community-living-in-fear/index.html

    But here in America PayPal thinks you're a bigot if you just don't want your little girl to have to see another woman's penis in the restroom. The hypocrisy burns.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Apr '16 17:03
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    PayPal, now in Egypt!

    https://www.paypal.com/eg/webapps/mpp/ahlan

    This is the same Egypt where being gay is considered obscene and gets you arrested.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/world/africa/egypts-gay-community-living-in-fear/index.html

    But here in America PayPal thinks you're a bigot if you just don't want your little girl to have to see another woman's penis in the restroom. The hypocrisy burns.
    Don't try to make sense of the moonbats.

    Just know we have become a nation of men, not law and order.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Apr '16 17:10
    Perhaps it is time for conservative states to begin boycotting all goods and services from liberal states.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    19 Apr '16 18:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    Don't try to make sense of the moonbats.

    Just know we have become a nation of men, not law and order.
    Not a nation of women then?
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    12727
    19 Apr '16 18:35
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Not a nation of women then?
    heh.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Apr '16 18:44
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Not a nation of women then?
    No, a nation of transgenders.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Apr '16 22:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    Don't try to make sense of the moonbats.

    Just know we have become a nation of men, not law and order.
    I've stopped buying any Coke product.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Apr '16 22:29
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It isn't any different. People can withhold their labor and products in political protest. Why not?
    If you have to bake a cake, then why do libtards get off without question?
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    19 Apr '16 22:42
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy to Whodey
    PayPal, now in Egypt!

    https://www.paypal.com/eg/webapps/mpp/ahlan

    This is the same Egypt where being gay is considered obscene and gets you arrested.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/world/africa/egypts-gay-community-living-in-fear/index.html

    But here in America PayPal thinks you're a bigot if you just don't want your little girl to have to see another woman's penis in the restroom. The hypocrisy burns.
    The USA has not stopped its importing oil from Saudi Arabia on account of its human rights record.
    Indeed, American public relations firms, if not also the US government, have worked to cover up that record.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Apr '16 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The USA has not stopped its importing oil from Saudi Arabia on account of its human rights record.
    Indeed, American public relations firms, if not also the US government, have worked to cover up that record.
    Has anyone in the West said anything about Saudi Arabia?
  13. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    19 Apr '16 23:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Has anyone in the West said anything about Saudi Arabia?
    Here's what Human Rights Watch said about Saudi Arabia's human rights record in 2014:
    http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2015/country-chapters/saudi-arabia

    "During a visit to Saudi Arabia in March, US President Barack Obama *did not discuss*
    human rights issues with Saudi officials. ... Otherwise, the United States *did not criticize*
    Saudi human rights violations beyond Congressionally-mandated annual reports."
    --Human Rights Watch
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    20 Apr '16 00:28
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The USA has not stopped its importing oil from Saudi Arabia on account of its human rights record.
    Indeed, American public relations firms, if not also the US government, have worked to cover up that record.
    That's a meaningless, feel good move. Oil is sold on the open world market. When you buy a petroleum based product, you haven't a clue about where the oil came from.

    I don't give a rat's rump where something originates. What matters is, its usefulness to me, and its price.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    20 Apr '16 00:28
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Here's what Human Rights Watch said about Saudi Arabia's human rights record in 2014:
    http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2015/country-chapters/saudi-arabia

    "During a visit to Saudi Arabia in March, US President Barack Obama *did not discuss*
    human rights issues with Saudi officials. ... Otherwise, the United States *did not criticize*
    Saudi human rights violations beyond Congressionally-mandated annual reports."
    --Human Rights Watch
    What are you doing about it?
Back to Top