Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 04 Feb '11 02:52 / 2 edits
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/02/01/oops-npr-managers-planned-parenthood-sting-story-forced-correct

It appears that a Planned Parenthood worker was caught on tape offering advise to a pimp on abortions for underage girls and how to continue his business uneffected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kathryn Lopez of National Review was among the first on this exposure and talked to Live Action's President Lila Rose:

Rose believes that the innocent unborn need to be protected, but also has a great love for these women who find themselves in these clinics. "Every prostitute is a victim," she says. "Planned Parenthood COULD be the first line of defense," Rose says, for an Asian girl smuggled into the country for sex. Instead, in this particular Pert Amlog Clinic, a sex trafficker was coached into how to make everything "look legit as possible," she explained. The Planned Parenthood worker's only obstacle to providing them the full "streamlined" services he wants to keep his business running is some auditing details she is worried they could get caught on for abortions of these girls, in the country illegally, under 14 and 13, needing aboritons. Saying -- laughing -- "You have never heard this from me. Just to make our lives easier." She hands the pimp the name of another non-Planned Parenthood clinic which can get away with more. "Their protocols are not as strict as ours, they get audited differently." When asked how long a girl might have to wait to get back to the work of the sex trade after an abortion, two weeks minimum is the answer. He protests. "We have still got to make money." The clinic worker understands hs predicament and so advises that the girls can still work "waistup, or just be that extra action walking by" to adverstise the girls who are still a full-body work.

It is chilling. It is ridiculous to know that in the wake of catching onto Live Action's fieldwork, Planned Parenthood has reportedly warned its clinic workers to know there could be cameras on them."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess my question is, are there any pro-abortionists out there who gives a damn?
  2. 04 Feb '11 03:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/02/01/oops-npr-managers-planned-parenthood-sting-story-forced-correct

It appears that a Planned Parenthood worker was caught on tape offering advise to a pimp on abortions for underage girls and how to continue his business uneffected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... my question is, are there any pro-abortionists out there who gives a damn?
    I heard about this- they ran this scam on planned parenthoods across the country and found one employee that was giving advice that they shouldn't have.

Now I'm sure you'll suggest that ALL planned parenthood should be shut down.
  3. 04 Feb '11 03:12
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I heard about this- they ran this scam on planned parenthoods across the country and found one employee that was giving advice that they shouldn't have.

Now I'm sure you'll suggest that ALL planned parenthood should be shut down.
    How many of them reported the person in question?
  4. 04 Feb '11 03:13
    How many of them reported the person in question?
    All but the one reported them to the police. In fact, from what I've heard it got to the point where the FBI started to investigate since they got so many reports.
  5. 04 Feb '11 06:22
    They tried to Acorn them.
  6. 04 Feb '11 10:07
    If this was not merely an incident (and PsychoPawn's post appears to suggest that it was), doesn't this underline my earlier point that abortion clinics should be taxpayer-funded so that doing illegal abortions becomes much less appealing?
  7. 04 Feb '11 10:12
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    All but the one reported them to the police. In fact, from what I've heard it got to the point where the FBI started to investigate since they got so many reports.
    Link?
  8. 04 Feb '11 10:12
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If this was not merely an incident (and PsychoPawn's post appears to suggest that it was), doesn't this underline my earlier point that abortion clinics should be taxpayer-funded so that doing illegal abortions becomes much less appealing?
    No
  9. 04 Feb '11 10:17
    No
    Why not?
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Feb '11 11:59
    Link?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/24/AR2011012404462.html
  11. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    04 Feb '11 12:22

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... my question is, are there any pro-abortionists out there who gives a damn?
    And so....what's YOUR solution to all this whodey? Force these girls to give birth weather they can take care of the kids or not? As usual, you offer a great deal of anger, but no solutions.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    04 Feb '11 12:53 / 1 edit
    I guess my question is, are there any pro-abortionists out there who gives a damn?
    You haven't really made it clear why you think this story about an ex-Planned Parenthood employee and a pimp has anything to do with "any" [or 'all'] people who take a pro-life stance.
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    04 Feb '11 13:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You haven't really made it clear why you think this story about an ex-Planned Parenthood employee and a pimp has anything to do with "any" [or 'all'] people who take a pro-life stance.
    See, here's the thing with that argument. People live to make this variant on the no true Scotsman argument when they like the underlying organization.

A few weeks ago when one lone nut with no clear tie to any right wing organization and with the great weight of the evidence indicating that he was an angry lone nut committed a massacre in Arizona, many people were perfectly willing to blame the political climate created by Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck.

Is anyone here willing to blame this incident on the political environment created by the pro-choice advocates?

No?

Fine. I agree. I don't either blame this incident the pro-choice movement.

But let's be consistent about it even when dealing with groups that we oppose. Shall we?
  14. 04 Feb '11 14:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    See, here's the thing with that argument. People live to make this variant on the no true Scotsman argument when they like the underlying organization.

A few weeks ago when one lone nut with no clear tie to any right wing organization and with the great weight of the evidence indicating that he was an angry lone nut committed a massacre in Arizona, many peop ...[text shortened]... .

But let's be consistent about it even when dealing with groups that we oppose. Shall we?
    Apples are better than oranges.
  15. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    04 Feb '11 14:59
    Originally posted by sh76

A few weeks ago when one lone nut with no clear tie to any right wing organization and with the great weight of the evidence indicating that he was an angry lone nut committed a massacre in Arizona, many peop ...[text shortened]... .

What can be seen as an encouragement of child prostitution in Planned Parenthood's rhetoric?