Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 16:58
    black folks...these people have used you.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/2/bill-clinton-slammed-for-sharing-stage-with-louis-/
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 17:07
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/2/bill-clinton-slammed-for-sharing-stage-with-louis-/
    What is this with right wingers trying to tell people who they must and cannot have at their families' funerals?
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 17:11
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    What is this with right wingers trying to tell people who they must and cannot have at their families' funerals?
    we have opinions too. what is it with liberals approval of bigots and race hustlers?
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 17:39
    we have opinions too. what is it with liberals approval of bigots and race hustlers?
    Mourners at funerals don't tell the family who can and cannot be there nor do they make the type of demands Alan Dershowitz believes President Clinton should have done.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 19:25
    Here another right wing nut complaining about funeral arrangements:

Former Trump aide Sam Nunberg has expressed his displeasure over the fact that Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner were not given VIP seats at Senator John McCain’s funeral on Saturday.

The Trump ally criticized the McCain family and lashed out at how Trump’s daughter and her husband were treated during the service.

“It was a very nice gesture by Jared and Ivanka to attend,” Nunberg told Politico. “I find it contemptible that the McCain family couldn’t seat them in a better, more respectable section.”

https://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-jared-deserved-better-seats-mccain-funeral-former-trump-aide-fumes-1101335

WTF is wrong with these people?
  6. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 06:05
    WTF is wrong with these people?
    We say the same thing about you. Daily. Meanwhile, you'd be crying like a baby and throwing a temper tantrum if some jackass did the same thing to Michelle Obama.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 06:481 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    We say the same thing about you. Daily. Meanwhile, you'd be crying like a baby and throwing a temper tantrum if some jackass did the same thing to Michelle Obama.
    What "thing" is that?

Do you think it is proper for outsiders to tell the families of the deceased who may or may not attend the funeral? Do you think it is proper for mourners to demand special seating or that certain persons not be at certain places during the services?

An answer rather than your partisan sniping would be nice.
  8. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 10:08
    it'd have generally made sense to give VIP seats to Kushner & I. Trump if the goal was to theoretically defuse some of the bad blood. Indeed, even if it was painful it could have been an interesting gesture to bar Trump (and Palin, lol?) yet acknowledge these two in a special way -- they are, after all, high profile figures in the current REPUBLICAN Presidency.

yet even this is withheld because it is total partisan war at this point.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 12:13
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    it'd have generally made sense to give VIP seats to Kushner & I. Trump if the goal was to theoretically defuse some of the bad blood. Indeed, even if it was painful it could have been an interesting gesture to bar Trump (and Palin, lol?) yet acknowledge these two in a special way -- they are, after all, high profile figures in the current REPUBLICAN Presidency.

yet even this is withheld because it is total partisan war at this point.
    It is none of anybody's business but the family of the deceased.
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 12:18
    Sure, if that was actually the case.

... But as there was a decidedly political bend to the speech of even the daughter of the deceased, it is hard to not htink of the event as being generally political.

Do note, though, I have never disparaged McCain here since his death, and I will continue to not do so for another 2-3 weeks, and then, even after this period is over, I will not speak harshly, but I will give criticisms. Oh, sure, I am a little bti virtue signally here... But I say this for the express purpose of noting that I have no interest in my words reflecting poorly on Sen. McCain. Rather, I think that his daughter objectively politicized the event through her speech.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 12:501 edit
    Here is a clue for ya, anytime you video tape funerals for the world to watch and then get yahoo's up there bashing Trump for all the world to see, expect right wingers to comment on it.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 12:54
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Here is a clue for ya, anytime you video tape funerals for the world to watch and then get yahoo's up there bashing Trump for all the world to see, expect right wingers to comment on it.
    IF they want to comment on the content of the speeches, that's fair game. But these criticisms of the family for matters which are typically at their sole private discretion like invitations and seating arrangements are out of line.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 14:451 edit

One thing I’ll say for you is that you keep us up to date on the hate-filled jargon spewing out of the alt-right these days.

But... “black folks”? Seriously?
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 16:27
    YOUR OPINIONS ARE MORONIC!!! YOUR THE SORT OF RETARDS THAT SCARE ALIENS AWAY.
  15. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 22:07
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    YOUR OPINIONS ARE MORONIC!!! YOUR THE SORT OF RETARDS THAT SCARE ALIENS AWAY.
    ... That scare aliens away.

Crying Laughter emoji is needed.