Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    22 Sep '17 02:26
    Or cyber bullying?

Really. You couldn't make this stuff up.
  2. 22 Sep '17 05:48
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Or cyber bullying?

You are one petty mf http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-what-is-namibia-trump-pronounces-as-nambia-at-general-assembly-20170920-htmlstory.html
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    22 Sep '17 05:57
    He said it twice. The man is a moron.
  4. 22 Sep '17 06:29
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    You are one petty mf http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-what-is-namibia-trump-pronounces-as-nambia-at-general-assembly-20170920-htmlstory.html
    You one silly mistake. It can happen. Like the time he called Belgium a city, didn't know what health insurance or GDP were, etc. etc.

"Nambia" doesn't sound at all like "Namibia." Trump most likely heard of this country first when reading that speech that was prepared for him.

Elect a clown, expect a circus.
  5. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    22 Sep '17 07:01
    He said it twice. The man is a moron.
    Not to mention an embarrassment.
  6. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    22 Sep '17 08:36
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    To say it twice means that
    1. He has not heard of Namibia.
    2. He is not aware of all the countries of the world.

That is shocking for any educated person ... let alone a "leader".
  7. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    22 Sep '17 09:53 / 1 edit
    Or cyber bullying?

YouTube

Maybe it's the amount of syllables.
  8. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    22 Sep '17 10:04
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    [youtube]poz6W0znOfk[/youtube]

Maybe it's the amount of syllables.
    Well this video obviously had to be made up because the reality is too uncomfortable for you. I don't agree with Obama's politics but his qualities as a speech maker are beyond excellent. He is natural, relaxed and fluent, articulate and frequently witty. Trying to misrepresent someone of his educational and social attainments as in any way comparable to the semi senile, illiterate old goat currently squatting in the White House is not impressive.

What is it you envy most in Obama's polished and highly cultured performances? How many great qualities does he enjoy which you can only weep over?
  9. Standard member vivify
    rain
    22 Sep '17 14:09
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Elect a clown, expect a circus.
    That should be the Dem's slogan for Trump in 2020.
  10. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    22 Sep '17 14:17 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Well this video obviously had to be made up because the reality is too uncomfortable for you. I don't agree with Obama's politics but his qualities as a speech maker are beyond excellent. He is natural, relaxed and fluent, articulate and frequently witty. Trying to misrepresent someone of his educational and social attainments as in any way comparable to ...[text shortened]... hly cultured performances? How many great qualities does he enjoy which you can only weep over?
    Well this video obviously had to be made up because the reality is too uncomfortable for you.
    YouTube
    YouTube
    Having spent over thirty years in public speaking, I understand those situations can be fraught with potential embarrassment, especially when one is accustomed to a reliance on teleprompters or other physical reminders of their speech.
    That being said, part of Trump's mass appeal has been his 'off the cuff' style which some take to be indicative of a no-nonsense approach.
    Soetoro-Obama lacks that same command, if-if-if these examples are to be believed.

I don't agree with Obama's politics but his qualities as a speech maker are beyond excellent. He is natural, relaxed and fluent, articulate and frequently witty.
    As are mine.
    Without a teleprompter.

Trying to misrepresent someone of his educational and social attainments as in any way comparable to the semi senile, illiterate old goat currently squatting in the White House is not impressive.
    You mistake me for someone trying to impress you.
    Comparing a former community organizer who caught the right wind at the right time to land a spot in the national leadership only to do exactly nothing with it and yet then inexplicably received thunderous support from nearly the entirety of the media and Hollywood's elite to even more inexplicably get swept into the White House under the auspices of "Change" to a man who has weathered all manner of real battles--- and won--- who must be considered one of the most important figures in New York's financial history is exceedingly short-sighted.
    And that "Change" only made things much, much worse.

What is it you envy most in Obama's polished and highly cultured performances? How many great qualities does he enjoy which you can only weep over?
    Envy is not in my world.
    I have nothing but admiration for what Soetoro-Obama accomplished academically.
    But, it stops and ends there.
  11. 22 Sep '17 17:18
    Or cyber bullying?
    Doesn't 'Nambia' include parts of Namibia and Zambia? (sarcasm)
  12. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    23 Sep '17 09:50
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Doesn't 'Nambia' include parts of Namibia and Zambia? (sarcasm)
    I actually thought that it was this place in a cupboard. You climb in and come out in Nambia on the other side.

I'm sure it's in the documentary: the sealion, the bastard and the cupboard.
  13. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    23 Sep '17 11:48
    I actually thought that it was this place in a cupboard. You climb in and come out in Nambia on the other side.

I'm sure it's in the documentary: the sealion, the bastard and the cupboard.
    Attempted tongue-in-cheek self-effacement to mask the reality: you can be forgiven for not knowing this little country even existed.
    Trump, apparently--- as is the case for all world leaders--- is charged with being intimately knowledgeable about all 233 recognized countries in the world.
    So not only are we expecting our leaders to be able to navigate the intricacies of running their individual bloated governments whilst fending off all manner of political character assassination attempts and handling an incompetent and agenda-driven media, we additionally want them to also major to the point of expertise in everything geopolitical.
    The fact that this country is ranked 143 out of 233 with a population of ~2M is not common knowledge to anyone in the world press, save those immediately near it.
    But it certainly makes some feel smugly, wickedly smaht to pounce like a cheetah when someone with a title and a microphine mispronounces the name, huh.
  14. 23 Sep '17 12:00
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Well this video obviously had to be made up because the reality is too uncomfortable for you. I don't agree with Obama's politics but his qualities as a speech maker are beyond excellent. He is natural, relaxed and fluent, articulate and frequently witty. Trying to misrepresent someone of his educational and social attainments as in any way comparable to ...[text shortened]... hly cultured performances? How many great qualities does he enjoy which you can only weep over?
    Speech writer and a teleprompter. Fools.
  15. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    23 Sep '17 14:33
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Attempted tongue-in-cheek self-effacement to mask the reality: you can be forgiven for not knowing this little country even existed.
    Trump, apparently--- as is the case for all world leaders--- is charged with being intimately knowledgeable about all 233 recognized countries in the world.
    So not only are we expecting our leaders to be able to na ...[text shortened]... to pounce like a cheetah when someone with a title and a microphine mispronounces the name, huh.
    Say what?

You really floates down the Hudson on a turd, didn't you?