Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 10 Feb '16 01:51
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/08/this-starbucks-in-saudi-arabia-has-banned-women-from-entering-the-establishment-see-the-crazy-reason-why/

    So should Starbucks ban women in Saudi Arabia from service?
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    10 Feb '16 01:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/08/this-starbucks-in-saudi-arabia-has-banned-women-from-entering-the-establishment-see-the-crazy-reason-why/

    So should Starbucks ban women in Saudi Arabia from service?
    To answer your question, I would say "No" they should not ban women from Starbucks., but remember, this is a country that accepts beating women and throwing shoes at them without giving it a 2nd thought. The fact that they ban women from Starbucks should not come as a big surprise.
  3. 11 Feb '16 03:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    To answer your question, I would say "No" they should not ban women from Starbucks., but remember, this is a country that accepts beating women and throwing shoes at them without giving it a 2nd thought. The fact that they ban women from Starbucks should not come as a big surprise.
    Really?

    So if Starbucks existed back in Nazi Germany do you reckon they would ban Jews from their store?

    My guess is yes they would. Anything to make a buck or two.

    Now if you think they are simply sensitive to certain cultures, if memory serves they derided Christians for being offended at the artistic nature of their cups recently.
  4. 11 Feb '16 06:26 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey to Bill718
    Really?

    So if Starbucks existed back in Nazi Germany do you reckon they would ban Jews from their store?
    My guess is yes they would. Anything to make a buck or two.

    Now if you think they are simply sensitive to certain cultures, if memory serves they derided Christians for being offended at the artistic nature of their cups recently.
    Whodey, a racist white American, does *not* have to go far back in time or place
    (Why the Third Reich rather than the USA?) to find racist exclusion in public places.

    Until a few decades ago, many public places (restaurants, hotels) in the United States
    excluded non-white people. Few right-wing white Americans objected to that exclusion.
    Indeed, at RHP there evidently are several right-wing whites (not all Americans) who
    still loudly support the 'right' of American businesses to practice invidious discrimination
    against minorities such as non-white people or non-heterosexual people.

    It's characteristically hypocritical of racist white Americans to complain about anti-Jewish
    exclusion in Germany from 1933 to 1945 while ignoring or condoning the blatant
    exclusion of non-white people in the United States long after Hitler had died.
  5. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 Feb '16 06:57
    Ahhhh... Saudi Arabia... a big friend of the US....
  6. 11 Feb '16 11:20
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Ahhhh... Saudi Arabia... a big friend of the US....
    Its hard to tell where Saudi Arabia ends and America begins. LOL
  7. 11 Feb '16 13:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Whodey, a racist white American, does *not* have to go far back in time or place
    (Why the Third Reich rather than the USA?) to find racist exclusion in public places.

    Until a few decades ago, many public places (restaurants, hotels) in the United States
    excluded non-white people. Few right-wing white Americans objected to that exclusion.
    Indeed, a ...[text shortened]... ing the blatant
    exclusion of non-white people in the United States long after Hitler had died.
    Wait....wut?

    My question is, should Starbucks, which is run by Mr. Liberal himself, allow his corporation to exclude women at his stores in order to fit into their culture that discriminates against women?

    Or should we compare the Starbucks corporation to Nazi Germany or the racist South of old?

    Incidentally, the owner of Starbucks. Howard Schultz, is a white male, if that helps.
  8. 11 Feb '16 13:54
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Ahhhh... Saudi Arabia... a big friend of the US....
    The days of their regime are numbered.
  9. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    12 Feb '16 00:49
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Whodey, a racist white American, does *not* have to go far back in time or place
    (Why the Third Reich rather than the USA?) to find racist exclusion in public places.

    Until a few decades ago, many public places (restaurants, hotels) in the United States
    excluded non-white people. Few right-wing white Americans objected to that exclusion.
    Indeed, a ...[text shortened]... ing the blatant
    exclusion of non-white people in the United States long after Hitler had died.
    According to Duchess, it's the white man's fault that other countries filled with non white men exclude women from Starbucks, just as (according to Duchess) the white man is to blame for almost everything.
  10. 12 Feb '16 01:42 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    According to Duchess, it's the white man's fault that other countries filled with non white men
    exclude women from Starbucks, just as (according to Duchess) the white man is to blame for almost everything.
    Bill718, a self-styled 'liberal' white American man, keeps showing that he's a racist troll
    in addition to being a pathological liar.
  11. 12 Feb '16 03:55
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Bill718, a self-styled 'liberal' white American man, keeps showing that he's a racist troll
    in addition to being a pathological liar.
    Is that true Bill? If so, Hillary or Bernie might pick you as VP.
  12. 12 Feb '16 05:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is that true Bill? If so, Hillary or Bernie might pick you as VP.
    Good one!!! They might recruit him to write Obamas teleprompter speeches too. LOL
  13. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    12 Feb '16 06:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    The days of their regime are numbered.
    Whom's? Saudi's or the US's?
  14. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    12 Feb '16 07:38
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Whom's? Saudi's or the US's?
    Shav complains about all the threads about US politics, then tries to turn a non-US politics thread into a thread about US politics.
  15. 12 Feb '16 12:11
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Whom's? Saudi's or the US's?
    Yes,