Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 23 Jul '10 15:38
    http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/541131/201007211841/The-Tax-Tsunami-On-The-Horizon.aspx
  2. 23 Jul '10 15:46 / 3 edits
    So some sort of legislation will have to be passed to prevent at least some of these tax increases from taking place. But anything that Obama and the Dems propose will be filibustered by the GOP.

Good. Filibuster away. In this instance, doing nothing is the best thing if we want to reduce the deficits.
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Jul '10 16:06
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/541131/201007211841/The-Tax-Tsunami-On-The-Horizon.aspx
    Hopefully there will be so much gridlock that nobody can do anything until the tax cuts expire. Once the expire, there will less momentum to re-instate them.

Filibuster all the way. No compromises. You hear me, Mitch? No compromises!
  4. 23 Jul '10 16:19
    It's like a tsunami of taxes!!!
  5. 23 Jul '10 16:19
    Obama is a liar. Big surprise.
  6. 23 Jul '10 16:44
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    if lies are what it'll take to balance the budget, let the fabrications begin!!
  7. 23 Jul '10 17:04
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    if lies are what it'll take to balance the budget, let the fabrications begin!!
    As has been said before: "Before you raise my taxes, stop the over-spending. Then, Don't raise my taxes!"
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    23 Jul '10 17:52
    As has been said before: "Before you raise my taxes, stop the over-spending. Then, Don't raise my taxes!"
    Please outline the trillion dollars a year in spending cuts you support.
  9. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    23 Jul '10 18:03
    taxes have been reduced in the last few years. So now you are just going back to your normal tax levels.

What's the big deal?
  10. 23 Jul '10 18:07
    No he's not.
  11. 23 Jul '10 18:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I'm afraid we are past the point where anything will help quickly.
    If you have a stopper in your sink, even a drip from the faucet will eventually fill it up.
    I think the wages many people are use to working for, are now a thing of the past.
  12. 23 Jul '10 19:04
    I'm afraid we are past the point where anything will help quickly.
    If you have a stopper in your sink, even a drip from the faucet will eventually fill it up.
    I think the wages many people are use to working for, are now a thing of the past.
    So what do you suggest exactly?
  13. 23 Jul '10 19:47
    Originally posted by mrj0hn50n
    No he's not.
    6'1''.
  14. 23 Jul '10 22:21 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So what do you suggest exactly?
    2 years ago I watched a plant close down, and move to China. How does America compete with China....?
    Loosen up the enviromental laws restricting waste water and air quality?
    Pay lower wages to employees??? AH there we go.
    People need to control the wants-needs in their lives. IE live within your means.
    You want a house like your brother-in-law has,, then make the same money he does,, or save until you can afford it. Don't stretch your budget so tight, you're house rich and poor.
    People need to take a good look at themselves, and their own habits.....
  15. 24 Jul '10 15:05 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How about a freeze on wages for all Federal Employees? How about only providing insurance for the employee and not the kids and spouse, let the employee pay for their insurance. How about cutting the staff of Congressmen and the President by 50%?

How about doing away with expense programs all together?

Congress' Food Tab: $604,000 for Bottled Water, $152 at Quiznos

http://www.aolnews.com/house-money/article/congress-spent-604000-on-bottled-water-397000-on-catering/19541719

Let them be like the rest of us and buy their own food.

How about doing away with branches of the Federal Government that shouldn't even be there at all. A perfect example would be the department of education. Education belongs to the states, not the feds.